Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-23-2018, 03:30 PM   #15
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Finally after a few shipping delays I got my ramps this morning. My power unit, hoses and couplers arrived Friday. No manual but YouTube has plenty of good videos to go off of. That and I downloaded the manual from quickjacks website. Definitely a well made and heavy duty product. I lucked out and found about a half a gallon of Merc 5 atf on my bottom self from 5 years ago so I was able to use most of that up finally.

The most time consuming part of the setup is installing the hose end fittings. Not bad at all but took me about 15-20 minutes. The next was once I had everything filled and hooked up was purging the air from the cylinders. I tried multiple times cycling the system and cracking the bleeders but the lifts still were very notchy and uneven. So then I raised the lift about 1/4 up and then stood them vertical. Cracked the bleeders and was able to get all the air out then. This is what made all the difference for me. Instantly very smooth and even and fairly quick.

Before I lifted my 1le for the first time I did hit the lifts with some lube at all the pivot points and did check all the bolts just for piece of mind and all were good. Make sure the lock arms are on the loose side and not too tight. I did buy the bl5000ext which is the perfect length. I used all 8 blocks because I didn't use the pinch welds rather i set them up right on the inside of them against the floor which worked flawless.

A couple of things to be careful of.

Make sure that the L fitting on the lifts are at or below the top rail. Quickjack calls for a 10 o'clock position. I split it between 9 and 10 o'clock.

Ok this one is really important and figured out I was doing it way wrong. On the lock arms, make sure that if you're only going to lift your car to the half way point that you don't go too far then lower to engage the lock. I was going a tick too far and when I lowering I was pinning the pivot cam against the stop point instead of the bar itself. So the cams were all that was holding the car up!!! The first few times I saw this it was trying to bow the cam outwards and looked very questionable. I then figured out what I was doing wrong and now when I lower and lock correctly it looks so much more secure.

Other than that just take your time and be careful and most importantly enjoy! I've lifted and lowered my car already 6 times just to test it all out. I should have bought one of these years ago no question. Definitely not as nice as a projack system but so much nicer than using a jack and stands to lift this heavy thing off the ground.

Last edited by Silveradoss573; 02-17-2019 at 08:47 PM.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 05:32 AM   #16
Rico
Flying da helicopter

Drives: Black SS/RS
I’ve had mine for several years and I love them. They save so much time.
Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 07:23 AM   #17
chuckie669

Drives: 2011 ss
Dang, this looks awesome. How's the undercarriage access?
chuckie669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 07:33 AM   #18
Rico
Flying da helicopter

Drives: Black SS/RS
I’m about 170ish and I can roll under there with a creeper with no issues. Without a creeper you can fit there with no problems.
Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 12:46 PM   #19
Silveradoss573

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
Dang, this looks awesome. How's the undercarriage access?
That's only halfway up and there is a lot of room. Plenty of access to everything.
Old 11-26-2018, 07:48 PM   #20
Silveradoss573

OP did you ever get your quickjack?
Old 11-27-2018, 07:59 AM   #21
J Rod

Drives: '14 BRM 1LE 2SS/RS
Nah, I decided to spend that money on an LSA conversion kit instead. I still hope to get one someday though.
J Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 05:47 PM   #22
WarDaddy376

Drives: 2013 SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarDaddy376 View Post
After doing some research I decided to order the Quick Jack from Costco...there is no other retailer that has that product at that price!

Finally got the damn thing together, had a few technical issues that need some replacement parts but overall I am very pleased with it. Worth every nickel IMO and easy to use, well thought out and great quality. I would mark somewhere with a label maker LEFT HAND SIDE & RIGHT HAND SIDE to avoid mistakes down the road...
WarDaddy376 is offline   Reply With Quote