Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-10-2018, 05:31 AM   #15
GelflingEssence
Banned

Drives: 2016 Challenger SRT 392
That's a decent looking Camry. I bet Toyota will sell dozens off 'em.
GelflingEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 07:57 AM   #16
lawguy85

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS Silver Ice Metallic
Since the refresh devotees think it's just bitter 16-18 owners who hate the refresh, I present this thread from r/Cars. Some choice quotes:
  • They need to fire the entire design team. Whatever the next one looks like, it couldn’t possibly be worse.
  • Seriously, what the hell happened to it? I hadn't seen the new design 'cause I don't care about Camaros at all, but it looks like a truck front-end. What were they thinking putting that on a sports car?
  • It looks like a Dodge Charger that got punched in the face.
  • Hadn't seen the 2019s before, googled it b/c your comment and all I can say is what the ****...
  • It looks like it has a cleft palate and a double-stuffed mouth guard.

They truly shit the bed with this design, sales are already so dismal I truly worry about parts availability in the future for my '18. Literally the only reason I care, just bought a car I truly love in May. However, if no one buys these things soon the aftermarket simply won't be economical as there's such a larger install base of Challengers and Mustangs out there.
lawguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 08:20 AM   #17
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawguy85 View Post
Since the refresh devotees think it's just bitter 16-18 owners who hate the refresh, I present this thread from r/Cars. Some choice quotes:
  • They need to fire the entire design team. Whatever the next one looks like, it couldn’t possibly be worse.
  • Seriously, what the hell happened to it? I hadn't seen the new design 'cause I don't care about Camaros at all, but it looks like a truck front-end. What were they thinking putting that on a sports car?
  • Hadn't seen the 2019s before, googled it b/c your comment and all I can say is what the ****...

They truly shit the bed with this design, sales are already so dismal I truly worry about parts availability in the future for my '18. Literally the only reason I care, just bought a car I truly love in May. However, if no one buys these things soon the aftermarket simply won't be economical as there's such a larger install base of Challengers and Mustangs out there.
It's not just 16 to 18 owners. I don't know anyone personally that likes the 19SS. Glad they didn't screw up the ZL1.
And the one posted above looks really bad with the bright wheels instead of black. Black and orange with bright wheels looks like Mattel came up with it not a car company.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 08:27 AM   #18
Bad Anvil Garage

Drives: 2000 GMPPSV SS & 2017 ILE SS
I just can't get over how bad the refresh is.
Bad Anvil Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 08:31 AM   #19
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
I'm glad people buy them, but yeah the orange needs black rims to match the grill....
Old 09-10-2018, 08:46 AM   #20
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaps100 View Post
I like the refresh, I also think the Flowtie looks fine up front and center.

The orange with silver wheels is my cup of tea.

Attachment 955890
The orange looks good!
Old 09-10-2018, 09:25 AM   #21
F1FTY

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:

The refresh is going to do poorly sales-wise due to the segment it's in regardless of it's looks. The passenger car segment is tanking hard lately in favor of SUVs. Our small niche within that isn't growing and market forces are at play which create a strong headwind for sales going forward.

We've already seen the lack of aftermarket with the 16-18 compared to Mustang. This is normal to some extent since the Mustang was the sales leader for decades, but I've seen more aftermarket options on lower selling import sports car models. My fear is the same as yours.
F1FTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 10:25 AM   #22
LS6-M22
Rockcrusher

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
The black bar center looks like a its a shelf to put trinkets on. Sorry but I will hold on to my 17 till the next gen
LS6-M22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 10:30 AM   #23
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrs2lt View Post
I'm glad people buy them, but yeah the orange needs black rims to match the grill....

+1 , I wanted to like this dam refresh but its just impossible. For those that have a 16' that leased their Camaro late 2015, your lease will be coming to a end in the months to come like mine. The question i am curious about is what will you be looking for or leasing/purchasing next? I have my sights on a Challenger 1320, Scat pack, something to that effect with a few reasons behind my decision. Maybe after few more years pass GM will do right on a gen 7 but from the looks of it who the hell knows. LOL

Last edited by keon718nyc; 09-10-2018 at 10:40 AM.
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 10:32 AM   #24
ToeKnee Sea

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Glad I got a 2018!!!
ToeKnee Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 12:52 PM   #25
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 Jetta 1.8, '19 1SS
I don't really care for the front end COMPARED to the '16-'18 but that Orange SS doesn't look too bad IMO. If the price was right, wouldn't stop me from getting a '19 at all.
cbr1100xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 01:09 PM   #26
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
Quote:

Reddit cars subscribers hate on the Camaro in general. Sure, they acknowledge it is on a good platform with solid performance. However, after that go to all lengths to justify against considering a Camaro. Such as it has no 'personality' or it isn't daily drivable and so on. Pre-refresh and post refresh.

Regarding the SS 19 refresh, it actually looks good in person if trimmed out properly. The 1LE especially looks good. The SS should retain aggressive/sporty styling while for 7th gen GM needs to make the LS/LT models less aggressive and more practical.
RagingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 01:54 PM   #27
lawguy85

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingHawk View Post
Reddit cars subscribers hate on the Camaro in general. Sure, they acknowledge it is on a good platform with solid performance. However, after that go to all lengths to justify against considering a Camaro. Such as it has no 'personality' or it isn't daily drivable and so on. Pre-refresh and post refresh.

Regarding the SS 19 refresh, it actually looks good in person if trimmed out properly. The 1LE especially looks good. The SS should retain aggressive/sporty styling while for 7th gen GM needs to make the LS/LT models less aggressive and more practical.
...there's always an excuse

Can't possibly be an ugly car, just biases. 16-18 owner bias. Jalopnik bias.
"Reddit" bias (as if the hundreds of commenters on that post or the nearly 1m subs of r/Cars are some sort of hivemind). Forget Occam's razor, you've swayed me to this huge anti-Camaro conspiracy instead
lawguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 02:31 PM   #28
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
Quote:
...there's always an excuse

Can't possibly be an ugly car, just biases. 16-18 owner bias. Jalopnik bias.
"Reddit" bias (as if the hundreds of commenters on that post or the nearly 1m subs of r/Cars are some sort of hivemind). Forget Occam's razor, you've swayed me to this huge anti-Camaro conspiracy instead
Making excuses about what? Where do you see excuses?

Reddit cars is anti-6th gen Camaro, they trash the car so much, anyone who frequents that sub knows that. A lot of people don't like how the 19 SS looks. That doesn't change that Reddit cars is anti-Camaro. They consider it to be the worst of all three cars in the segment.
RagingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote