Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

AWE Tuning

Old 06-12-2018, 03:07 AM   #57
red_johnny

Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booher View Post
Aa came through and sent me a couple extra brackets. All I had to do is cut one bracket down, almost in half, line up and drill another hole and voila, no more warped bottom piece. Also, opened up all of the holes ever so slightly, which makes removal much easier, and the nuts still covered the holes, so no washers needed. Also, still tons of clearance between the center just and opening the trunk.
That is a great idea! Wonder if they will offer that solution to everyone.
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 02:34 PM   #58
Magnum922

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS, A8
Anyone have a pic painted hyper Blue?
Magnum922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 06:11 PM   #59
red_johnny

Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
So I installed these the other day. It looks good but, 3M needs to step up their game or AA needs to move to Gorilla tape. Its been in the 100's last couple of days and while the 3M held to the window it didn't hold at all to the brackets. Every single one was loose and I pulled the louvers off while still connected to the brackets which were clean. Not a shred of tape stuck to them, the window still had the 3M on it. So now to clean up the window (again) and install these (again) with gorilla tape. I am using the black tape that supposed to be good to 240ish degrees. I hate doing a job twice but I knew that the 3M might not hold up. Figured I would post up here so maybe either AA switches or who ever reads this can ditch the 3M and just use gorilla tape.
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 07:00 AM   #60
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_johnny View Post
So I installed these the other day. It looks good but, 3M needs to step up their game or AA needs to move to Gorilla tape. Its been in the 100's last couple of days and while the 3M held to the window it didn't hold at all to the brackets. Every single one was loose and I pulled the louvers off while still connected to the brackets which were clean. Not a shred of tape stuck to them, the window still had the 3M on it. So now to clean up the window (again) and install these (again) with gorilla tape. I am using the black tape that supposed to be good to 240ish degrees. I hate doing a job twice but I knew that the 3M might not hold up. Figured I would post up here so maybe either AA switches or who ever reads this can ditch the 3M and just use gorilla tape.
I agree with you here. I have removed and reapplied probably all the brackets at least once. I went to home depot and got some 3m heavy duty but even that seems to come up once in while. I will be moving to gorilla tape for the drive to Kentucky next week. The 3m tape that they supply with the louvers is just awful.

Subscribe on YouTube Whiskeyfed Camaro

Follow my Build Thread The WhiskeyFed Camaro

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

DYNO SHEET: 297whp / 374wtq
Tuned by #danytechtuning
whiskeyfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:02 AM   #61
Booher

Drives: 2019 zl1 6 speed
I used 30lb permanent gorilla tape with mine and have had no issues. Been in a few 110+ degree days, and they're still holding up fine.
Booher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 10:24 PM   #62
JayhawkSS1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Pics on a white SS / 1LE?
Old 07-19-2018, 02:20 PM   #63
Sheriff37
Do it for Dale

Drives: '16 NFGray V6 M6
Might have to look into getting some of this tape, the majority of mine have popped off repeatedly.
Sheriff37 is offline   Reply With Quote