Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-09-2018, 05:09 PM   #15
aai

Drives: '17 SS/1LE/PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by danhr View Post
Got my bolt ons on. Still learning the tuning part (I think?)

Anyways the list:
Kooks 2" headers with off road connection pipe
Speed Engineering 3" X-Pipe
Stock NPP
Tony Mamo ported MSD Intake
Katech 103mm throttle body
Rotofab Dry CAI
ATI Underdrive pulley
We were at around E70~ish

Also on there, is my baseline dyno.... which shows the important stuff, a gain of 84rwhp/60rwtq

Might wait until another fill up of E85, and play around with the tuning part again... but I'm still content with the numbers. The 460/460 numbers are the 93 octane numbers. STD correction, I was at 490/495
Would you have an idle and or rev videos with your recent setup. Im scheduled to get the ARH long system installed into the stock NPP, along with flex fuel kit and dyno tune. Then my bolt on list will be complete and look pretty much like your list. Cant find too many vids on youtube with headers into the stock NPP, thanks regardless and much appreciated.
Old 06-09-2018, 05:11 PM   #16
ss_rob

Drives: SS
I think this might be the highest "bolt on + E85" car I've seen. Most of us with the MSD manifold are running ported throttle bodies, I've seen literally no one with the 103 throttle body unless they were FI. I wonder if that made all the difference plus the underdrive pulley.

Most of the cars I've seen here do 470-480hp 460-480tq
ss_rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 05:20 PM   #17
danhr
BAMF SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS A8
Send a message via AIM to danhr
Quote:
Originally Posted by aai View Post
Would you have an idle and or rev videos with your recent setup. Im scheduled to get the ARH long system installed into the stock NPP, along with flex fuel kit and dyno tune. Then my bolt on list will be complete and look pretty much like your list. Cant find too many vids on youtube with headers into the stock NPP, thanks regardless and much appreciated.
I have a quick idle clip on facebook... but I can make a idle/rev video and upload it to YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_rob View Post
I think this might be the highest "bolt on + E85" car I've seen. Most of us with the MSD manifold are running ported throttle bodies, I've seen literally no one with the 103 throttle body unless they were FI. I wonder if that made all the difference plus the underdrive pulley.

Most of the cars I've seen here do 470-480hp 460-480tq
Theres two other a8 guys who have posted high bolt on numbers.... we are all flirting with that 500 number and are all within a negligible hp within each other. I wouldn't say mine or any of the other ones can claim "the highest" be abuse they are close enough that there are too many variables to make it an even playing field.

I saw zero gains going from the factory throttle body to the 103. Back to back. No hp/tq gains, no difference in maf reading, cylinder pressure, torque calc or manifold pressure. I knew it was overkill for a bolt on car, but next year, I hope to do a h/c package
danhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 04:56 PM   #18
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by danhr View Post
I have a quick idle clip on facebook... but I can make a idle/rev video and upload it to YouTube

Theres two other a8 guys who have posted high bolt on numbers.... we are all flirting with that 500 number and are all within a negligible hp within each other. I wouldn't say mine or any of the other ones can claim "the highest" be abuse they are close enough that there are too many variables to make it an even playing field.

I saw zero gains going from the factory throttle body to the 103. Back to back. No hp/tq gains, no difference in maf reading, cylinder pressure, torque calc or manifold pressure. I knew it was overkill for a bolt on car, but next year, I hope to do a h/c package
Nice numbers though! I'm guessing you tuned out the AFM/V4 mode on it?
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote