Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-24-2018, 02:16 AM   #2115
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
Yup. The 16-18's looked great from day one. The biggest complaint was that they weren't a completely new design. But nobody was really calling it ugly, more like "not different enough." But its really all personal preference. Different people are different.
If a re-fresh is extremely polarizing then Chevrolet did exactly the correct thing. All the people that liked the 16-18 have one already. Now they will catch the last few people who didn't like the 16-18 front end. I can't imagine that it's a ton of people. But switching the design language up is a great sales strategy.
in fact, the Camaro from 16-18 Yes was taken by ugly by several people, was even highly criticized on social networks the first year, calling it Corolla, Camry, even said that he had copied the mustang ...
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 03:07 AM   #2116
red_johnny

Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
I still like my 16 better. I have given it time and while it grew on me a tad it has not been enough to where I would say I would buy it. I am sure people will come up with ideas to make it look better such as painting that black bumper the body color, maybe removing that bowtie and such. In the end would I drive it? Of course I would.
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 10:53 AM   #2117
1970judge

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2007 HHR
I thought it was in this thread, where is the picture of the refresh compared to optimus primes helmet? I cant find it anymore!
1970judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 06:14 PM   #2118
yankee

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT RS, 2015 Mazda 3
Curious if the whole front can be replaced with an aftermarket “2018 model”
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 06:30 PM   #2119
bigwormgraphix
Account Suspended

Drives: 1991 Z28, 2015 SS & 2017 SS
I think the 2 big reasons the 2016-18 havn't sold well is:
1) high cost compared to a Mustang or Challenger. A 1SS comes with a lot of stuff, but a lot of customers don't care about the stuff it comes with. A SS that was equipped like a base model 4 cylinder would sell very well. GM sells more 2016-18 whenever they go on sale.

2) Lack of promotion on GM's part - their current advertising campaign sucks. They have awesome cars and instead of showing people enjoying their cars, they have some guy talking to people in a big room. Dodge and Ford have much better marketing, that's why a car designed in 2008 is outselling everyone else.

The 2019 refresh just makes things worse, because now very few loyal Camaro fans will want one. With a car that most people see as not appealing and very few are excited about. Maybe there is hope that GM can do some last minute changes and people will buy them. The whole thing is frustrating because the gen6 is a great platform for handling, performance and luxury. If not hopefully the 2019 will only last 2 model years and GM will do better on gen7....

Last edited by bigwormgraphix; 05-29-2018 at 08:51 PM.
bigwormgraphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 07:07 PM   #2120
Frankie18SS

Drives: 18 Camaro 2SS, 07 Saturn Ion
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970judge View Post
I thought it was in this thread, where is the picture of the refresh compared to optimus primes helmet? I cant find it anymore!
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...=529058&page=3
Old 05-24-2018, 07:32 PM   #2121
Frankie18SS

The debate keeps coming up about why the Camaro hasn't sold well, I think it was/is more a product of the dealership lack of training.

I had a horrible time trying to order a car.

I don't need nor do I want someone to kiss my ass but if I am desperately attempting to order a $50K car from you, you should be able to answer some very basic questions about options.

I had one dealership tell me the Magnetic Ride Control is only for cars that are going to be regularly tracked and doesn't affect the normal ride.

I had another dealership tell me the performance exhaust option (NPP) "it's just some kind of aftermarket cat-back system... You can have it put on after you by the car"

3 dealerships and I couldn't get a hard copy of the playbook.

2 dealers told me they'll call me back with more details and I never heard back from them.

I asked one how it will work with appraising my trade in when ordering the car. He had no clue, asked someone else that has no clue, went to sales manager who finally figured out what we could do. I told him I thought it would be common and he said no, they rarely order vehicles.

I had to find out for myself all of the options I wanted by lurking in this site for a while. Then I was lucky enough to find out about Becky D and she made it painless. If I really was cross shopping and nobody could answer questions about the options or follow up with me after 5 dealerships, I'd also go for another brand in a heartbeat.

Last edited by Frankie18SS; 05-24-2018 at 08:12 PM.
Frankie18SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 08:06 PM   #2122
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Curious if the whole front can be replaced with an aftermarket “2018 model”
All you need to replace is the front bumper cover, grilles and lights brand new from chevy . Everything else is the same, even the hood lines will match the 16,17, 18 bumper cover.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 08:23 PM   #2123
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie18SS View Post
The debate keeps coming up about why the Camaro hasn't sold well, I think it was/is more a product of the dealership lack of training.

I don't need nor do I want someone to kiss my ass but if I am desperately attempting to order a $50K car from you, you should be able to answer some very basic questions about options.

...Agreed!

I had one dealership tell me the Magnetic Ride Control is only for cars that are going to be regularly tracked and doesn't affect the normal ride.

.....Ridiculous!

I had another dealership tell me the performance exhaust option (NPP) "it's just some kind of aftermarket cat-back system... You can have it put on after you by the car"

..............Really.....?

....Wut?

2 dealers told me they'll call me back with more details and I never heard back from them.

I asked one how it will work with appraising my trade in when ordering the car. He had no clue, asked someone else that has no clue, went to sales manner who finished figured out what we could do. I told him I thought it would be common and he said no, they rarely order vehicles.

I had to find out for myself all of the options I wanted by lurking in this site for a while. Then I was lucky enough to find out about
Becky D and she made it painless.
If I really was cross shopping and nobody could answer questions about the options or follow up with my after 5 dealerships, I'd also go for another brand in a heartbeat.
...Added...edits...

.... Frank!

I Understand the -
Knowledge - Anticipation - Excitement & Passion!

Becky
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 08:49 PM   #2124
Frankie18SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@JamesMartinChevy View Post
...Added...edits...

.... Frank!

I Understand the -
Knowledge - Anticipation - Excitement & Passion!

Becky

No, Becky!!!

I've never ordered a car before and you are making this experience everything I hoped it would be!
Old 05-24-2018, 09:18 PM   #2125
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:

I asked one how it will work with appraising my trade in when ordering the car. He had no clue, asked someone else that has no clue, went to sales manager who finally figured out what we could do. I told him I thought it would be common and he said no, they rarely order vehicles.

I had to find out for myself all of the options I wanted by lurking in this site for a while. Then I was lucky enough to find out about Becky D and she made it painless. If I really was cross shopping and nobody could answer questions about the options or follow up with me after 5 dealerships, I'd also go for another brand in a heartbeat.
OMG!! The whole time I was reading this, I was like "oh, he should have called Becky", "wait what? He should have called Becky.", "They said WHAT? It's too bad he didn't know about Becky". Then it was "Thank goodness he called Becky!"

And by the way, thanks again to Becky Doyle for the best car buying experience ever!
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 05:58 AM   #2126
1970judge

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2007 HHR
Quote:
Yes! Thanks!
1970judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 07:21 AM   #2127
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwormgraphix View Post
I think the 2 big reasons the 2016-18 havn't sold well is:
1) high cost compared to a Mustang or Challenger. A 1SS comes with a lot of stuff, but a lot of customers don't care about the stuff it comes with. A SS that was equipped like a base model 4 cylinder would sell very well. GM sells more 2016-18 whenever they go on sale.

2) Lack of promotion on GM's part - their current advertising campaign sucks. They have awesome cars and instead of showing people enjoying their cars, they have some guy talking to people in a big room. Dodge and Ford have much better marketing, that's why a car designed in 2008 is outselling everyone else.

The 2019 refresh just makes things worse, because now not even loyal Camaro fans will want one. Hopefully the ugly 2019 will only last 2 model years and GM will do better....
Calling a 2019 Camaro ugly is good marketing for your business ? People will buy the 2019 Camaro and hopefully they see how you feel about them and spend there money somewhere else , i know as a 2018 Camaro owner i would not spend money at your business knowing how you feel . And the Camaro cost more then Mustang and Challenger for good reasons , Chevy should not have to step backwards to there level to justify sales.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 07:28 AM   #2128
SDG23

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
^^ But Chevy has stepped backwards in the looks department, which is nothing short of VITAL to sales and continued interest. They have a great platform with the 6th Gen Camaro and they've proven to us that they can make a car that is both fast and handles like it's on rails. HOWEVER, ugly is what it is, and it's sad to see them take a great performing car and make it an eye sore. Some of you need to accept that there are those of us who simply don't like the 2019 "refresh" even a little. The '16-18 models were aggressive looking, much moreso than 5th Gens, but now they've taken that aggressive look away and what's left is something truly baffling.

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!