#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-21-2017, 08:29 PM   #57
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholzer View Post
Stock goodyears still. Hoping/planning on making the switch to RE71rs for next year
So what's the deal Steven you and George going to co-drive the 1LE next year? I've already got a set of 19's for mine just waiting for a good deal to pick up some RE71s for them. Also I'm thinking about going to the Pittsburgh and maybe even Bristol match tours if you want to co-drive with me if George can't go.
Old 11-21-2017, 09:37 PM   #58
sholzer

Drives: Cayman S or Borrowed 17 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
So what's the deal Steven you and George going to co-drive the 1LE next year? I've already got a set of 19's for mine just waiting for a good deal to pick up some RE71s for them. Also I'm thinking about going to the Pittsburgh and maybe even Bristol match tours if you want to co-drive with me if George can't go.
Yep! That's the plan since I sold the Z06. I kind of have this itch to pick up a cayman, but hopefully autoxing the 1LE will help me cope with not having a car of my own lol. We're planning on trying to hit all the decently close tours/match tours/pros, but if George can't make one of those, a co-drive would be awesome!

Which 19's did you go with? I'm thinking about buying a set of forgestars for his car
sholzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 08:14 AM   #59
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholzer View Post
Yep! That's the plan since I sold the Z06. I kind of have this itch to pick up a cayman, but hopefully autoxing the 1LE will help me cope with not having a car of my own lol. We're planning on trying to hit all the decently close tours/match tours/pros, but if George can't make one of those, a co-drive would be awesome!

Which 19's did you go with? I'm thinking about buying a set of forgestars for his car
I went with the new MRR ZL1 1LE replicas, they are a couple pounds heavier than forgestars in the same sizes, but I got a killer pre-order deal on them of only $1150 shipped for all four. So I saved about $1000 vs. a pound or two on each wheel with forgestars, plus the satin black finish on these matches all of the satin on the 1LE perfectly.

That's the news I wanted to hear though man, I know I still won't be able to challenge the Vettes too much but I think you will have a very good chance, especially if you get some 19s and 305 RE71rs like I am! Next season should be awesome!

Also, forget the Cayman! Get a ZL1 or ZL1 1LE!!!
Old 12-13-2017, 06:51 PM   #60
jwisjw

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Went out to Arizona this past weekend and was able to test our Koni Custom Double Adjustable for the front of the Camaro. I will say that the front were a night and day difference with the stock front bar, the range was very usable and could possibly use some more rebound, I was conservative and wanted to overlap the stock valving. Rear shocks on the street no longer felt compliant and was very sluggish in transitions when autocrossing. The plan is to have Koni Custom Double Adjustable rear shocks with the bigger Strut rod that will offer more more compliance and efficiency when adjusting through the range.

11/12 Marana Arizona - Marana Regional Airport

F-Street 2017 Camaro Bridgestone RE-71R Marana Regional Airport 12/10 Side by Side

F-Street 2017 Camaro Bridgestone RE-71R Marana Regional Airport 12/10 Jeff

F-Street 2017 Camaro Bridgestone RE-71R Marana Regional Airport 12/10 Nicole
Old 12-14-2017, 08:23 AM   #61
apexit53

Drives: 22 1SS 1LE Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwisjw View Post
Went out to Arizona this past weekend and was able to test our Koni Custom Double Adjustable for the front of the Camaro. I will say that the front were a night and day difference with the stock front bar, the range was very usable and could possibly use some more rebound, I was conservative and wanted to overlap the stock valving. Rear shocks on the street no longer felt compliant and was very sluggish in transitions when autocrossing. The plan is to have Koni Custom Double Adjustable rear shocks with the bigger Strut rod that will offer more more compliance and efficiency when adjusting through the range.

11/12 Marana Arizona - Marana Regional Airport

F-Street 2017 Camaro Bridgestone RE-71R Marana Regional Airport 12/10 Side by Side

F-Street 2017 Camaro Bridgestone RE-71R Marana Regional Airport 12/10 Jeff

F-Street 2017 Camaro Bridgestone RE-71R Marana Regional Airport 12/10 Nicole

Thanks for working on these Jeff!!
#53 F Street
2022 Sponsor autocrossdigits.com
Autocrossing Videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm-...3tiMt0KOg_2Aag
Instagram: apexit_53
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE
2019 D Street national champion (2019 civic Type R)
apexit53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 06:09 PM   #62
jwisjw

Don't have updated videos yet but was able to install some Custom Koni Double adjustable shocks in the rear of the Camaro. What a difference! Compliance in the rear with the shock settings close to stock valving was a huge improvement. After messing with the shock settings, the range seems adequate for changing the rear end behavior - neutral to more oversteer if desired (street testing). The rear end is no longer sluggish. The piston rod utilized is a 23mm O.D. Koni Strut rod versus the stock 14mm, or a stock 16mm Koni Rod.

Can't wait till the next autocross which is the 2nd week of January. Will update videos when we run the bumpy Fontana Autoclub Speedway lot.

Old 01-16-2018, 04:18 PM   #63
jwisjw

Finally got to test the front and rear combo Koni Custom Double Adjustable and they really transformed the car transitionally. On the lower grip surface my initial valving is maxed out front and rear rebound, however, will be testing at Crows Landing in a couple of weeks to see how that goes. I've ordered a SS 1LE front swaybar, hopefully that will be beneficial since I know a lot of you guys run the Strano front bar.

1/13-1/14 Southern California - Autoclub Speedway

F-Street 2017 Camaro Bridgestone RE-71R AAA Speedway 1/13 Practice Jeff
F-Street 2017 Camaro Bridgestone RE-71R AAA Speedway 1/13 Practice Nicole

F-Street 2017 Camaro Bridgestone RE-71R AAA Speedway 1/14 Champ Jeff
F-Street 2017 Camaro Bridgestone RE-71R AAA Speedway 1/14 Champ Nicole
Old 01-22-2018, 12:11 PM   #64
jwisjw

Installed the SS 1LE bar that is supposed to be roughly 21% stiffer over stock and street driving, the car feels great. Decided to make the 4 hour drive out to Las Vegas for an event. The Bullring site is very easy on tires and is huge, would highly recommend it to anyone. Anyways, the car feels equally as good on course and just needed minor shock changes to allow us to have the most confidence. It was a pretty fast course and was able to use the throttle a lot. Will be interesting to see how Autoclub Speedway will be on the new setup when the speeds are lower.

1/21 Las Vegas, Nevada - Las Vegas Motor Speedway - Bullring

F-Street 2017 Camaro Bridgestone RE-71R LVMS - Bullring 1/21 Jeff

F-Street 2017 Camaro Bridgestone RE-71R LVMS - Bullring 1/21 Nicole

Old 01-25-2018, 02:07 PM   #65
fighting irish
The Doctor is in

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Nightfall MRC NPP
Not to hijack the thread, but anybody got any brake pad recommendations for F street? This will be my 3rd autocross season with my 6th gen, and I haven't killed the pads, but I would appreciate something with a better initial bite than the stock. I do get ice mode occasionally with hard braking, so it can't be something overly aggressive, and I do drive the car on the street.

Also, any recommendations wet weather autocross tires that meet SCCA street spec? I was thinking about picking up Pilot Sport 4S for my DD wheels and using them in wet weather (I think they should be SCCA street legal this year) as apposed to my RE-71rs as they are a bit worn right now. I plan on getting new RE-71Rs midway through the season, but I've got a nationals event I plan on attending in early June and don't think I will have worn out my current RE-71Rs by then. Any thoughts are appreciated.

2017 Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Double Cab
2017 Honda Pilot Elite
fighting irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 02:55 PM   #66
MatthewAMEL

Drives: 2023 CT5 Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by fighting irish View Post
Not to hijack the thread, but anybody got any brake pad recommendations for F street? This will be my 3rd autocross season with my 6th gen, and I haven't killed the pads, but I would appreciate something with a better initial bite than the stock. I do get ice mode occasionally with hard braking, so it can't be something overly aggressive, and I do drive the car on the street.

Also, any recommendations wet weather autocross tires that meet SCCA street spec? I was thinking about picking up Pilot Sport 4S for my DD wheels and using them in wet weather (I think they should be SCCA street legal this year) as apposed to my RE-71rs as they are a bit worn right now. I plan on getting new RE-71Rs midway through the season, but I've got a nationals event I plan on attending in early June and don't think I will have worn out my current RE-71Rs by then. Any thoughts are appreciated.
Really like the Hawk Street/Race pad (re-branded DTC-30). Great bite when cold and do surprisingly well for Track sessions.

Depending on your tire needs, BFG is rumored to have Rival S avail in April for a bunch of new sizes.

2023 Wave Metallic
CT5-V Blackwing M6
MatthewAMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 03:17 PM   #67
jwisjw

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighting irish View Post

My personal experience is that the stock pads would fade on me with enough high speed deceleration in very little resting duration. I switched to Stoptech Pads and haven't experienced any fading at all. Will send you PM on the specs.

The ice mode, I'm currently trying to battle, along with everyone else. I've definitely reduced this tremendously to the point where the worst ice mode (point of no return) no longer exists, however, I've only had 1 event testing the front bar. I think the recovery from ice mode will be fully manageable, at least I hope. Have an event this weekend so I will know more.

Last edited by jwisjw; 01-25-2018 at 03:51 PM.
jwisjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 06:36 PM   #68
jwisjw

Living in California, we definitely get a lot of seat time with our year long events Was able to run at Crows Landing this past weekend, the grip is simply amazing even if the conditions aren't favorable.

We ran in the last group on Saturday and were limited to 2 runs each due to sun light. Looking ahead was definitely required! Car felt amazing compared to the last time we were here, even with no sun light and 50 degrees temps.

1/27-1/28 Crows Landing, Northern California

F-Street 2017 Camaro Bridgestone RE-71R AAS Round 1 1/27 Jeff
F-Street 2017 Camaro Bridgestone RE-71R AAS Round 1 1/27 Nicole

F-Street 2017 Camaro Bridgestone RE-71R AAS Round 2 1/28 Jeff
F-Street 2017 Camaro Bridgestone RE-71R AAS Round 2 1/28 Nicole
Old 01-30-2018, 07:39 AM   #69
dontlifttoshift

Drives: 71 Camaro '18 1LE
Quick note, BFG is bringing two new Rival S sizes in April.

275/35-19
305/30-19
Old 01-30-2018, 07:58 AM   #70
apexit53

Drives: 22 1SS 1LE Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlifttoshift View Post
Quick note, BFG is bringing two new Rival S sizes in April.

275/35-19
305/30-19
SON OF A *****

I liked FS for the fact it was basically spec tire lol.

Edit.

It might be worth a test but for me its still bridgestones. They work in the wet, the cold, the hot, of which we get all of those in a season here in Wisconsin. Its consistent for me on all surfaces. Their turn in is much better and thats needed for a massive car like ours
#53 F Street
2022 Sponsor autocrossdigits.com
Autocrossing Videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm-...3tiMt0KOg_2Aag
Instagram: apexit_53
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE
2019 D Street national champion (2019 civic Type R)

Last edited by apexit53; 01-30-2018 at 08:22 AM.
apexit53 is offline   Reply With Quote