#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-16-2017, 01:02 PM   #15
big dave

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96MrBass View Post
There's a vid on YouTube a white Z A10 and a white Tesla that race is at a strip and a lot closer. Tesla still gets the win but nowhere near the beating.
I believe that was an 11.0 index race. The Tesla had been slowing down to avoid breaking out. The ZL1 was modded too. That Tesla had run 10.5s earlier.
'13 ZL1 BRM A6. 11.591 @ 119.2 factory stock with a 1.68 60'! Best stock mph 121.8. 11.29 @ 123 RotoFab, drag radials and skinnies. 4360# raceweight.
http://youtu.be/yggIA3C_kkA 2014... back to stock
http://youtu.be/spQLaTWbThs 2013... stock & RotoFab
big dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 01:39 PM   #16
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by big dave View Post
I believe that was an 11.0 index race. The Tesla had been slowing down to avoid breaking out. The ZL1 was modded too. That Tesla had run 10.5s earlier.
This is correct. The ZL1 was running a pulley/intake/tune and drag radials. The ZL1 still got ripped out of the hole and up top when both were actually racing.

No doubt these Electric cars are nasty and the A10 still would have been a beat down. By the way, the driver in that video was shifting REALLY good, not much time lost in the shift, the best you could do would be get rid of the bog. But I do agree, the Tesla only pulled until the ZL1 went into second gear (Probably around 60 MPH) then the gap kind of stood still, then the ZL1 pulled and they never raced long enough for the ZL1 to pass it, which was probably at 110+. And by the way "R", the Demon would still get whipped by a Tesla, haven't you been doing your research? The Demon is a fat pig joke, it's hardly a high 10 second car, let a lone 9.6 LOL.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 02:16 PM   #17
CruzySS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
Exactly what I expected. Hard to beat an awd Tesla from a dig. The electric cars run out of steam on the big end.
CruzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 03:32 PM   #18
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Not beating the Tesla from a dig unless you have the 720s. Stop trying already. Know your strengths.
Old 12-16-2017, 05:02 PM   #19
Michael52

Drives: 2018 Black ZL1, 1977 Yellow 308GTB
Internal combustion can make music... it's an aural sensation!!! if I want to hear a sewing machine , i'll buy a sewing machine...a helluva lot cheaper than a Tesla!
Michael52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 05:11 PM   #20
VAZL1

Drives: 17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShooter View Post
It would not have mattered. The electric drivetrain dominates for this type of application. Instant torque with 700 HP behind it and AWD. Even a well driven Demon will also have a very hard time with the Tesla.

This is simply superior tech.

R.
Well aware an electric motor's torque curve. Would love to see it run a Demon, now that would be an interesting race. My point was if you're going to race a ZL1 from a dig then the A10 would be the transmission to do it with, the manual has major torque limitations from a dig (thanks GM). Didn't you hear that thing bog?
Old 12-16-2017, 05:15 PM   #21
VAZL1

Drives: 17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
That bog is uggggglllllyyyyyy

I think the a10 would have still lost but NOWHERE NEAR LIKE THAT. The Telsa put 2 busses on the m6 while the car was bogging......then basically maintained the gap. Again, Tesla would still leave harder than an a10, but man this race was doomed from the matchup.
That was my point exactly, if you're going to race a ZL1 from a dig, do it with the A10. Tesla is a modern marvel, but not for me, you just can't fix ugly.
Old 12-16-2017, 05:52 PM   #22
CruzySS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAZL1 View Post
That was my point exactly, if you're going to race a ZL1 from a dig, do it with the A10. Tesla is a modern marvel, but not for me, you just can't fix ugly.
They get the trophy for ugly!
CruzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 06:24 PM   #23
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
I can't get into the electric scene right now, but I do honestly think it's the future. I'm 41, but I think once I'm dead and my kid grows up, every car will be electric and he'll sit around telling stories to his kids how their grandpa used to drive cars that had these things called gasoline engines. And his kids will be like, what are gas engines daddy? It's coming. We won't be around to see it, but gas engines will eventually just be stories of folk lore. Then, they'll be on every episode of American Pickers in the year 2075. Oh look, a gas engine from 2017, I haven't seen one of these things in ages.
Old 12-16-2017, 07:21 PM   #24
TheShooter
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Charger Hellcat
I think what's interesting is NOT the Tesla sedan, but what this tech will do when applied to a proper sports car platform. We all saw the reveal of the new Tesla sports car. 0-60 in under 2 seconds and a top speed over 250 MPH. Also a 600 mile range!

The sound of an engine will be missed, but I have a feeling most people will get over it when they can do thinks that ICE production cars can never do.

It'll be pricey, but it trickles down. Consider the supercar performance of cars costing 70K and we should be excited about what the Tesla will bring. Cool stuff.

R.
TheShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 07:31 PM   #25
TheShooter
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
This is correct. The ZL1 was running a pulley/intake/tune and drag radials. The ZL1 still got ripped out of the hole and up top when both were actually racing.

No doubt these Electric cars are nasty and the A10 still would have been a beat down. By the way, the driver in that video was shifting REALLY good, not much time lost in the shift, the best you could do would be get rid of the bog. But I do agree, the Tesla only pulled until the ZL1 went into second gear (Probably around 60 MPH) then the gap kind of stood still, then the ZL1 pulled and they never raced long enough for the ZL1 to pass it, which was probably at 110+. And by the way "R", the Demon would still get whipped by a Tesla, haven't you been doing your research? The Demon is a fat pig joke, it's hardly a high 10 second car, let a lone 9.6 LOL.

Huh? With DR's a Hellcat is a high 10's car, so how is it that a Demon won't get into 9's?

Yeah, the Demon will run mid 9's. I know it for a fact. And owners will beat the claimed time, just like they did with the Hellcat.

You're gonna look silly making that statement, but I'll be sure to remind you of it. Good times ahead.

R.
Old 12-16-2017, 07:39 PM   #26
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
He’s baaaaaaaAAAAAaaaaaaaaaccckkkk....

Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 07:39 PM   #27
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShooter View Post
I think what's interesting is NOT the Tesla sedan, but what this tech will do when applied to a proper sports car platform. We all saw the reveal of the new Tesla sports car. 0-60 in under 2 seconds and a top speed over 250 MPH. Also a 600 mile range!

The sound of an engine will be missed, but I have a feeling most people will get over it when they can do thinks that ICE production cars can never do.

It'll be pricey, but it trickles down. Consider the supercar performance of cars costing 70K and we should be excited about what the Tesla will bring. Cool stuff.

R.
I have some beach front property to sell you in Nevada.

Jesus man, do you believe everything you read? That Tesla “sorts car launch” was nothing more than marketing hype to distract the easily distracted (read: you) from the companies dismal performance and Model 3 production failure. Not a damn person has seen that sports car do anything but zip around during an auto show
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 07:58 PM   #28
TheShooter
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
I have some beach front property to sell you in Nevada.

Jesus man, do you believe everything you read? That Tesla “sorts car launch” was nothing more than marketing hype to distract the easily distracted (read: you) from the companies dismal performance and Model 3 production failure. Not a damn person has seen that sports car do anything but zip around during an auto show

LOL....I've been hearing anti-Tesla stuff for years. Now my friends own and love them and they're everywhere. It's one of the safest cars on the planet, and quickest. It's also a great family car as is the SUV.

First I heard the model S was never going to make it. Then I heard it would be unreliable. Then I heard no one would buy them. Gee...do people enjoy being wrong?

You do know that Tesla repaid the federal loan 10 years early, right? I bought shares of Tesla at 21 bucks! Check it now! I told all of my friends, "If you believe in America, invest in it and buy Tesla." We did pretty darn well.

The Tesla sports car is for real. Not only that, but the performance numbers are conservative. They're well past the drivetrain development stage

Bet against American tech on this scale and you'll lose every time! Chevy, Dodge, Ford and Tesla are kicking Euro/Asian butt.

R.