Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 09-19-2022, 06:51 AM   #1
Dave88LX

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE 6 MT
Passenger's side blowing much colder than Driver's side

2022 2SS 1LE - Dual-zone climate control. Had the car for a couple weeks, hadn't really noticed before.

Temperature control in "sync", set to 72*, and defrost. Noticed left side of windshield clear, right side getting worse.

Pulled over, left side of vent blowing warm, right side blowing cold. Switched from defroster to the dash vents, same thing.

I can manually set the passenger's side to blow warmer, but, in "sync", they are definitely off.

Anyone seen this issue before? I know "blend door" is the default thing people would want to say. Hoping it's something simpler than having the dealer ripping the car apart.
Attached Images

Old 09-19-2022, 10:10 AM   #2
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave88LX View Post
Anyone seen this issue before? I know "blend door" is the default thing people would want to say. Hoping it's something simpler than having the dealer ripping the car apart.
Have not seen this particular scenario before, but you have the right idea. One of your actuators or temp sensors is not working right. There is also a calibration that needs to be performed for each of the actuators. I believe the proper operation of all these can be checked with a dealer scan tool. Also the calibration can be done if it was not done at the factory.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 10:43 AM   #3
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave88LX View Post
2022 2SS 1LE - Dual-zone climate control. Had the car for a couple weeks, hadn't really noticed before.

Temperature control in "sync", set to 72*, and defrost. Noticed left side of windshield clear, right side getting worse.

Pulled over, left side of vent blowing warm, right side blowing cold. Switched from defroster to the dash vents, same thing.

I can manually set the passenger's side to blow warmer, but, in "sync", they are definitely off.

From what I know of cars in general, there is a vent swing mechanism that opens and closes the vents, when switching from hot and cold.

I think it is tied into a thermostat of sorts, not sure if it is related to the "thermostat" of the engine though.

I would imagine its going to be a vent servo issue or some thermostat related issue.

Don't quote me of course I'm sure someone with more knowledge will be able to clarify what I stated.

Edit: Which appears that ctrlz did just that already
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | Roto-Fab CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | LSA crankshaft conversion w/modified crank gear | LS1 thrust bearing | LS MSD Plug Wire Set | BTR Stage I Cam | ARP Rod Bolts | Delphi Lifter set | NGK LTR5IX-11 spark plug set | DOD Delete | VVT Limiter | ECM, TCM & E85 | Retuned by: Justin L. | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq | Best 1/4 Time: 11.639
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 11:11 AM   #4
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Probably something in one of these thread to help

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=575308

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=526897

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...php?p=11114753

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 01:05 PM   #5
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
In my experience this is what happens (driver's side starts to blow warmer than the passenger side) when you are low of refrigerant. They have to check for leaks. Sometimes an o-ring in the lines connecting to the condenser is pinched and the refrigerant slowly leaks out. The expansion valve and compressor are other possibilities but unlikely on a new car.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 06:13 AM   #6
ctrlz

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
In my experience this is what happens (driver's side starts to blow warmer than the passenger side) when you are low on refrigerant.
Could be. But he says he gets good cooling both sides when he switches to manual control. I think his main concern is having the dealer (possibly) tear apart the console for a minor problem. Most of the actuators don't seem that buried, but there is significant disassembly to get to them.

Either way a dealer problem.
Old 09-20-2022, 07:26 AM   #7
BluePhoenix

Drives: GMC Sierra AT4
Only time I’ve seen that is when in non-sync with the passenger side set to a colder temp. Whether the thinking of a blend door problem, perhaps it’s some type of control module / HVAC unit problem of not setting the passenger side temp correctly when placed in sync causing it to default to a colder temp when placed in sync, especially when you can manually set the passenger side to blow warmer air.
Old 09-20-2022, 09:25 AM   #8
ctrlz

This is an interesting read. The DIY calibration at the end of this article may be worth trying.
https://www.fixmyoldride.com/GM-temp...-problems.html