#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-18-2024, 09:58 AM   #71
Caerus

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMale View Post
I got my Progressive renewal and my comp/collision went up about $140/6months, unexplained other than I think ZL1s are highly stolen these days.
Interesting information, that made me look up my renewal due 6/23/24. I have Progressive as well, comp went up $3 and collision up $24 for six months. Must be a regional adjustment?
Old 06-18-2024, 02:28 PM   #72
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
It's always rather unexplained, I don't think theft in Kansas City is like LA and elsewhere on ZL1's but who know's. Last I checked lexisnexis and verisk they had no data on my so OnStar wasn't spying that I could tell.
My Girls Jeep went up $1 LOL.
WhiteMale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2024, 07:24 PM   #73
DansZL1-1LE

Drives: Chevy Camaro ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by discgolf01 View Post
Something else to consider: sometimes thieves "tag" a car by placing an Apple air tag on or in it, that way they can track it back to where it resides and try to steal it at their convenience. Even though it's made by Apple, there is an Android app that can scan for them and make them beep if it finds one. If you have an iPhone, I think it automatically will notify you if one is in the area (not sure, I'm an Android guy)

I'm Apple. We put an Air Tag in my teenager's car (our car, they are a minor) connected to my wife's phone. I get notifications on my phone that an Air Tag is near me when I drive it. Two words of caution, the accuracy and frequency the tag sends data is dependent on other mobile devices in proximity, so there may be gaps in data. Also, there is a delay, it can be a day or two before you get the notice.
DansZL1-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2024, 10:16 AM   #74
Rnovrit

Drives: 2018 NFG ZL1-1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DansZL1-1LE View Post
I'm Apple. We put an Air Tag in my teenager's car (our car, they are a minor) connected to my wife's phone. I get notifications on my phone that an Air Tag is near me when I drive it. Two words of caution, the accuracy and frequency the tag sends data is dependent on other mobile devices in proximity, so there may be gaps in data. Also, there is a delay, it can be a day or two before you get the notice.

One thing to add. If you are using an air tag for theft prevention/theft tracking, remove the speaker out of the air tag. There are YouTube videos showing how. This will eliminate the ability for a thief to try and ping the air tag to make noise to find it's location. They will know there is one with them but will not be able to easily find it if you hide it well.
Rnovrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2024, 12:36 PM   #75
2023_ZL1-AUTO

Drives: 2023 ZL1 - Modified All Bolt On's
I received my locking bollard today and will start the install soon. I'll post a thread with photos when I do so. Although I don't think I will drive my car and leave it somewhere unattended (I haven't yet). I'm planning on implementing something like the below (not listing details). But key fob, reprogrammed key fob, scanned hacked fob or not. If the car isn't getting fuel, it can't be stolen and driven away! At that point, the only way the car will be stolen is by a tow truck !

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=624913
2023 ZL1 Auto - CSP 2" Long Tubes by Stainless Works | Gesi G-Sport High Flow CATs | Stainless Works Legend NPP Axle Back | Roto-Fab Big Gulp | Kong NM103mm | Kong X-Port | Griptech 2.3" Upper | ATI Super Damper w/9.45" (18%) Lower | TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Siemens 875cc Injectors | Brisk RR14S Plugs | Granatelli Malevolent Coil Packs | Katech Low Profile Billet Valve Covers | Katech Duel Fuel Pump System | MightyMouse Wild 1000HP CC | DSX Flex Fuel Kit | DSX Billet Lid | DMS 2gal Fender Tank | NT555R2's 285/305 | Katech Tuned | Straight E85 = 784rwhp / 678rwtq @ 19psi
2023_ZL1-AUTO is online now   Reply With Quote