View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 06:24 PM   #36
angryBits

Drives: ZL1 1LE A10
I think people are reading the title and skipping the message because everyone seems to think I'm unhappy with the car. I love my ZL1 1LE, it's not going anywhere, I'm just looking for temporary options to make my wife less reluctant to choose my car over hers when we go out and I'm driving

- I do track my cars.
- I don't mind the NVH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollock View Post
Adding 200lbs to the trunk might work. Mine rides pretty nice on the way to the track when its all packed up with tools.
I think I'm actually going to try this. I have a big dog so plenty of justification for the dogfood haha PLUS pretty easy to load and unload before/after longer drives with my wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airfuel View Post
You bought a track car.
Buy a street car.
(Yup, short answer, coffee still brewing)
This is my street car This is actually very tame compared to my Shelby which had a full griggs racing setup w/ SLA, watts-link, torque arm, roll cage (no power mods though, unnecessary).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
My wife turned to me on our 1,400 mile drive from Detroit to Houston and mentioned what a comfortable ride the car was... then we hit some expansion joints and just laughed.

Ton of creature comforts in this track car that most don't have. Wouldn't have it any other way but then I purchased it for the track and not the street.
EXACTLY! This is exactly how I feel. Except I'm still laughing but my wife's laughs have turn into a bit more of a resentful laugh HAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
How do you drive around expansion joint that spans entire width highway ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joszer View Post
I recommend getting some street tires. The stock Goodyear's have insanely stiff sidewalls and transmit so much vibration into the cabin. I ended up getting different tires and it helped the ride immensely. Granted I burned up my Goodyear's in three trackdays so I had an excuse to try a new tire on the factory wheels.
I will probably do this -- Save my Goodyears for the track. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeEM1 View Post
You bought the wrong trim. It's a track focused car, not a touring car. Racecar suspension. Trade in for a ZL1, especially if you're not going to track it often.
I do track days probably only 2-3 times a year now that I'm a dad.
I'm happy with the car, the desire to soften the ride is just for my wife.

Current: 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
Mods: MPS4s Tires | Borla Atak | CF Steering Wheel
Previous: 2018 ZL1 1LE M6 | 2017 Z06 Z07 M7 | 2017 GS A8 | 2015 ZL1 M6 | 2013 GT500
angryBits is offline   Reply With Quote