View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 06:28 AM   #25
h018871
Geoff

Drives: 2020 ZL1 Green
the stable

Not a car mod, but it sure makes my life easier: Jason and Steph came over one Sunday and we wired the garage for lights (8 of them), outlets and added 240 power for the air compressor. Turned out to be a full day (glad I had hung the lights the previous day).

Right after we moved in I was talking about the garage with my brother-in-law, Rich, he had installed a nice rack system in his garage and I really liked it. I went to the store, they helped me to design it, took the bits home and now that it is installed, it has really helped keep stuff off of the floor and makes it easy to be organized.

We plugged in the air compressor and as it was building up pressure………………BANG and a loud rushing of air. It blew a hole in the bottom of the tank. I got the compressor used many years ago and it had been in storage for 10 years. Prior to storage, I drained the tank and dumped some oil in the tank on the hope that it would not corrode. I was wrong on that.
I solicited and got lots of good advice from folks online regarding decent compressors. I went with a 60gal, single stage model (that’s it in the corner).
Attached Images