View Single Post
Old 11-18-2018, 06:42 PM   #9
angryBits

Drives: ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabTheWheel View Post
I think deep down I must hate myself because I've opted to go back to a project car and away from a factory warranty and a car I was very satisfied with in stock form, which was the goal of buying the car to begin with. It was a matter of feeling like I didn't need such a big car, I didn't need 20 inch wheels, I didn't need a backseat and if the car didn't weigh 3900 lbs I wouldn't need 650 HP either. Overall the car was too heavy and way too nice for someone who likes to drive as much as I do. While I enjoy all the creature comforts they aren't a priority for me. I couldn't get over feeling bad about putting so many miles on an expensive new car.

My dream car would be close to 2500 lbs and about 500 WHP. So despite California telling me it's not allowed I'm opting to do an LS3 swap into a much lighter car.

I'm very happy to go back to buying tires, rotors and pads that are like 1/4 of the price. So I guess the short answer is I'm poor...
Poor I can understand.
Lighter, no backseat, etc, I can understand.
But selling a car at a loss because you drive it too much? That doesn't make sense.

2500lbs & 500WHP won't be a fun car on the street. Are you planning to have a beater commuter car and then the dream car is only for track use?

Current: 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
Mods: MPS4s Tires | Borla Atak | CF Steering Wheel
Previous: 2018 ZL1 1LE M6 | 2017 Z06 Z07 M7 | 2017 GS A8 | 2015 ZL1 M6 | 2013 GT500
angryBits is offline   Reply With Quote