Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
Same piston failed ? Same tune ?

Gotta pay to play.
Real classy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Sorry to hear about your trouble. As it's the 2nd time you need engine replacement, I'm sure GM asked or will ask for the tune status and deny your claim, and if that's the case, I don't think the service manager has much leverage even if he wants to help.

Why did you get the car tuned? Do you have some power adders, were you trying to get rid of the A8 shudder or for some other reason? I'm only asking out of curiosity, since you didn't list any mods in your sig.
I believe he has basic bolt-ons supposedly first blown engine was 100% stock. A better question that needs to be asked is this. If it's the same cylinder 1 piston both times and there is no cylinder wall damage wouldn't it be cheaper at this point to just go forged considering the near $8500 a stealership would charge to just replace an engine you could probably get away with having it forged at a speed shop for half that. Also getting rid of the A8 shudder would only void the transmission and i'm willing to bet GM will soon be outed for this supposed tuning fix in 2019.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote