View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 11:30 PM   #1
angryBits

Drives: ZL1 1LE A10
Wildhammer CF Steering Wheel

I bought one and I'm disappointed.

From my research it seems I'm the only one so hopefully mine was just a one-off.

You can tell the quality of the carbon fiber is excellent and hand-laid and polished. Stitching is well done, better than OEM. I love the red center stripe.

My complaint is that I paid $1000 for a steering wheel that has excellent carbon fiber work laid on top of someone else's beat up used steering wheel. Wildhammer recycles customer steering wheels -- I get that -- but if I'm paying $1000, I'd expect them to not send me a cracked, scuffed and dirty one. You can tell the previous owner had a hell of a time getting the steering wheel off his car. It's like he was a gorilla and muscled it off the car.

It's not bad enough for me to send it back but I am disappointed.

The volume rockers squeak but I never use them... **sigh**

**UPDATE** Wildhammer saw this post and reached out to me directly and offered to replace the steering wheel. Excellent customer service. I didn't even need to contact them. If that doesn't describe a company that cares about quality then I don't know what does. Thanks again Wildhammer, you've earned a repeat customer

Wildhammer CF Steering Wheel & My Slippers

Current: 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
Mods: MPS4s Tires | Borla Atak | CF Steering Wheel
Previous: 2018 ZL1 1LE M6 | 2017 Z06 Z07 M7 | 2017 GS A8 | 2015 ZL1 M6 | 2013 GT500

Last edited by angryBits; 08-05-2019 at 07:27 PM.