CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   6th gen Camaro 1LE (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=296)
-   -   Most Track Time (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=619720)

Briland_1LE 09-15-2023 07:29 AM

Most Track Time

Who has the most track time/mileage on their mostly stock engine. I'm curious how some of the higher mileage heavily tracked LT1s or LT4s hold up. I put a lot of mileage on my car and I track it at many events each year so if there's anything I need to look out for in the next couple of years let me know.

Currently at 47k miles and probably 15-20 track hours with only fluid/brake changes needed.

LESS1 09-17-2023 06:01 PM

I am up to ~ 9K on track miles and 12.5K total mileage. The car was bought as a track toy and sees very limited street use other than driving to track days.

RamAir02 09-17-2023 08:10 PM

14.5k miles on the car. Almost all are on track or driving to/from. Approximately 50 track hours on the car. She's rarely driven on the street and stays in the garage between track events.

All fluids are changed on the correct intervals or sooner. The only other maintenance I've had to do outside of the typical (brakes, tires, fluids, alignments) has been spark plugs. I was having misfires on cylinder 2 earlier this summer. I went one step colder for the new plugs.

Twizzty 09-18-2023 06:36 AM

I have 22k miles between street and HPDE and about 45 hours total track time in the last 2 years. Have only done fluids, brakes, and tires at normal track intervals. Seems to hold up well from it's monthly beatings!

MechanicalEng 09-18-2023 07:17 AM

I got my SS1LE brand new, have done all the maintenances at or before the recommended intervals for track use. So far have about 80hrs of track time, 13.xxx miles total from driving to and from the track + track miles. Not a Daily Driver. My car is and has always been 100% stock, and have only used the stock 3S tires (never used R-Comp)
Besides a failed Condenser, 0 issues.

Christian1LE 09-18-2023 02:54 PM

I'm at just under 10k miles with about half of those being on the track. Car is mostly trailered at this point and doesn't see the road much. All stock engine wise and also 0 issues for me. I run slicks for time trial and SC3's for everything else.

Only maintenance I've done are:

Brakes, all fluids, front rotors, alignments.

GreenZLE 09-18-2023 05:37 PM

I'm at 31,000 miles and 6 1/2 track events. The car doesnt use any oil. I've had 2 issues. At 20K, the bearings in the supercharger (warranty covered) started making noise and last month at Putnam Park, the car became limited to 85mph due to loss of communication with the suspension control module. Its currently at the dealership getting repaired. I've changed the oil after every track event and whenever it got down to 50%. The trans fluid has been changed twice and the rear diff 3 times. I also run at least 1 pint of SRF through the brake system after every event.

gp45 09-19-2023 07:14 AM

8k miles to and from the track only. I have a steering vibration while braking. I just put new rotors and brake pads and it's still there. Any ideas?
Wheels are balanced correctly.

Christian1LE 09-19-2023 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gp45 (Post 11360709)
8k miles to and from the track only. I have a steering vibration while braking. I just put new rotors and brake pads and it's still there. Any ideas?
Wheels are balanced correctly.

I would start by making sure all your front suspension components are tight, including the strut in the engine bay, also check for bearing play.

Tires can always spin on the rim, but you would usually notice that at high speed. I would also check to make sure your wheels aren't bent.

nasbagoat 09-27-2023 09:19 AM

At 62 track days:

Component failures:
Rear toe links (play in ball joints)
1 rear hub (factory installed mounting bolts backed out)
2 rear mag ride shocks (leaking)
2 front forwards lower links (liquid filled bushings burst)
oil pan leak (tigherned bolts)

Preventative repairs:
All hub bearings
Rebuilt front Calipers