CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   Elite E2X can performance questions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=546146)

02fbody35th 01-13-2019 04:54 PM

Elite E2X can performance questions

Hey guys. I just finished installing a Elite can on my 2018 ZL1. All seems well. But I noticed that if I take the oil fill cap of while the engine is running there is some pretty strong vacuum on it. Is this normal!? The engine even started running a little funny. Like a vacuum leak. I verified that everything is set up correctly. Both check valves are installed and flowing away from the can. Have any of you noticed this?

kwav8r 01-13-2019 05:53 PM

I’ve never taken the oil fill cap off with the engine running. But, I don’t see how the catch can would have anything to do with that. The vacuum lines for the catch can both run off the intake side.

Would be interesting to see if this is normal on a stock setup.

SSallday 01-13-2019 08:23 PM

Mine sounds like it has a vacuum leak as well. I think it would throw an engine light if it wasn't installed correctly, but I could be wrong. I noticed a loud ticking noise on startup after installing my can. it goes away as the car warms up. Not sure if it has to do with how I installed it or the cold weather

Woodchip 01-13-2019 10:30 PM

I believe there is a vacuum pump on the lower driver side of the engine,at least that's what it appears to be

02fbody35th 01-14-2019 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodchip (Post 10409511)
I believe there is a vacuum pump on the lower driver side of the engine,at least that's what it appears to be

I believe what you referring to is the water pump for the inter coolers

02fbody35th 01-14-2019 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSallday (Post 10409434)
Mine sounds like it has a vacuum leak as well. I think it would throw an engine light if it wasn't installed correctly, but I could be wrong. I noticed a loud ticking noise on startup after installing my can. it goes away as the car warms up. Not sure if it has to do with how I installed it or the cold weather

So if you pull the oil cap while it’s running you feel a suction?

Elite Engineering 01-14-2019 03:16 PM

What your experiencing is the enhanced evacuation the system provides. But show us how you routed your factory cleanside separator to make sure your still bringing in the MAF metered filtered fresh air. It goes into the factory cleanside box located on the passenger side cylinder head and splits to both valve covers. It gets the air from the main intake air tube.

Post some pictures so we can verify all is routed correctly.

Thanks!!

02fbody35th 01-14-2019 04:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=Elite Engineering;10410103]What your experiencing is the enhanced evacuation the system provides. But show us how you routed your factory cleanside separator to make sure your still bringing in the MAF metered filtered fresh air. It goes into the factory cleanside box located on the passenger side cylinder head and splits to both valve covers. It gets the air from the main intake air tube.

Post some pictures so we can verify all is routed correctly.

Thanks!!

[/QUOTE

Here are the pictures of my set up. In the first picture you can see nothing is touched on the clean side separator. In the second pic shows the can routing. I have the line coming from the valley plate into the center of the can. The line on the left is routed around and over to the vacuum line connected to the throttle body. The line on the right is connected to the intake elbow just in front of where the clean side pulls its air from. Also in both of the outside lines on the can I have the two check valves with the arrow running away from the can. Does that all look right?

Alain 01-14-2019 07:28 PM

Subscribed!!!

SSallday 01-14-2019 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 02fbody35th (Post 10409896)
So if you pull the oil cap while it’s running you feel a suction?

I'll have to check it out when I start it up

nicktechla 01-15-2019 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodchip (Post 10409511)

I think that is just for the brake booster

LiqTenExp 01-15-2019 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicktechla (Post 10410569)
I think that is just for the brake booster

Cylinder shaped object maybe 6-8" around with hose going in from top, out through bottom on drivers side below air box is the intercooler pump. Sits kinda crooked in there, not perfectly aligned in any direction.

Tabloma 04-04-2019 04:49 PM

Hey 02fbody35th, can you post a pic of where you ran the mount bracket, I like whete the can is. Thanks

Elite Engineering 04-04-2019 04:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tabloma (Post 10481032)
Hey 02fbody35th, can you post a pic of where you ran the mount bracket, I like whete the can is. Thanks

02fbody can confirm, but it looks like our XL bracket :thumb: