CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning / Diagnostics (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=254)
-   -   Help: HP Tuners MPVI2 with which gauge(s)? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=541073)

grampa_ss 10-22-2018 07:40 PM

Help: HP Tuners MPVI2 with which gauge(s)?

I've been searching and can't really find an answer. My question:

I'm buying HP Tuners MPVI2 (and an AEM-X series AFR w/pass thru OBD2 cable) for datalogging. I understand how this works using the AEM pass thru cable and plugging the MPVI2 in that. But...

my question...

how can I datalog at the track and also see IATs on another gauge at the same time?

Can VCM scanner be setup to show some gauges or display IATs (while data logging) ?

Thanks,

Nino8309 11-01-2018 03:00 PM

Yes you can set it up to display whatever you want while logging. If you have an OBD2 gauge that reads IAT im sure you could just buy another pass thru OBD cable and plug all of them in at the same time.

TJay74 11-06-2018 09:34 AM

Yes, the scanner can show all sorts of data while logging. I have a section that shows what the sensor is seeing, a gauge section that shows the highest recorded amount and then the line graph and a spreadsheet all at the same time.

oldman 11-17-2018 01:28 PM

my question is there any wideband that puts lambda values into the ODBII bus so I can data log, I run 93 and e85 so a/f is useless to me.

oldman 11-17-2018 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grampa_ss (Post 10343790)
I've been searching and can't really find an answer. My question:

I'm buying HP Tuners MPVI2 (and an AEM-X series AFR w/pass thru OBD2 cable) for datalogging. I understand how this works using the AEM pass thru cable and plugging the MPVI2 in that. But...

my question...

how can I datalog at the track and also see IATs on another gauge at the same time?

Can VCM scanner be setup to show some gauges or display IATs (while data logging) ?

Thanks,

I'm like you but I want to record lambda values and this MPVI2, thing is suppose to have an external cable to get other input(s) cable due out next month over the last 8 months so...

teesee150 11-17-2018 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 10362652)
I'm like you but I want to record lambda values and this MPVI2, thing is suppose to have an external cable to get other input(s) cable due out next month over the last 8 months so...

Welcome to hptuners, promise features for years, then end up never releasing. Been doing this since the original ls1 days

Gen5&Beyond 01-21-2019 06:00 PM

Open VCM Scanner. In the left column you should see your wb eq Raitio. Right click on it go over to units and select lambda.

JANNETTYRACING 01-22-2019 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teesee150 (Post 10362872)
Welcome to hptuners, promise features for years, then end up never releasing. Been doing this since the original ls1 days

Pro set available now through JRE or direct from HPtuners.

https://www.hptuners.com/mpvi2/

DorkMissile 01-31-2019 07:37 AM

FYI - I have a vent mounted dual gauge pod with a AEM X-Series OBD2 data stream that can be setup to monitor any PID on the CAN bus, and have a AEM X-Series OBD2 Wideband that is integrated into Hp tuners to datalog the wideband without the Pro option

The standard MPIV2 can Datalog all PIDs on the car as standard, the Pro option allows Datalog without the computer being linked.

JANNETTYRACING 01-31-2019 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DorkMissile (Post 10425082)
FYI - I have a vent mounted dual gauge pod with a AEM X-Series OBD2 data stream that can be setup to monitor any PID on the CAN bus, and have a AEM X-Series OBD2 Wideband that is integrated into Hp tuners to datalog the wideband without the Pro option

The standard MPIV2 can Datalog all PIDs on the car as standard, the Pro option allows Datalog without the computer being linked.

The Pro option allows you to log Any 0-5 volt analog sensor which all other AFR gauges put out beside the AEM X series Can buss.

Ted.

grampa_ss 01-31-2019 09:19 AM

This is what I see, so i'm still a little confused.
1. connect the aem wideband w/passthru obd2 to cars obd2 port
2. connect the aem data stream gauge to the aem passthru obd2 connection.
that's where obd2 is terminated.

question is how do I connect my MPVI2 obd2 in order to datalog? there's no open obd2 ports anymore.
Do I need to disconnect the aem data stream gauge which would make the obd2 port available?

JANNETTYRACING 01-31-2019 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grampa_ss (Post 10425161)
This is what I see, so i'm still a little confused.
1. connect the aem wideband w/passthru obd2 to cars obd2 port
2. connect the aem data stream gauge to the aem passthru obd2 connection.
that's where obd2 is terminated.

question is how do I connect my MPVI2 obd2 in order to datalog? there's no open obd2 ports anymore.
Do I need to disconnect the aem data stream gauge which leaves the port open again?

Yes, it is best to disconnect any OBDII connections other than HPtuners when reading or programming but can be connected during data logging.

Ted.

grampa_ss 01-31-2019 09:30 AM

Thank you for the quick response.