CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   ZL1 1LE Rear Seat (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=625389)

DansZL1-1LE 05-08-2024 09:14 PM

ZL1 1LE Rear Seat

Hello, I still feel like I am new to this as a 2023 ZL1 1LE owner. I know the rear seat fold-down is not available on my car for weight reasons. I saw videos on how to cut some fabric to gain access to the latch to manually unlatch the seat and fold it down. I tried it, I do not have a Latch. I would appreciate any information about how to just remove the Seat Back-Rest completely. Any other thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!

arpad_m 05-08-2024 09:19 PM

Have you tried the "secondary hole" method on the backside of the rear seat, accessing it from the trunk?

DansZL1-1LE 05-08-2024 09:28 PM

I did see videos to cut fabric from the trunk side to gain access to the Latch, then manually unlatch it. I did try that. I cut fabric on the Trunk side where the Latch would be. There is no Latch. I think this is a 1LE thing.

Jofu 05-09-2024 04:07 AM

Hello there!

Yes, folding down the rear seat on ZL1 1LE is unnecessarily complicated... I've been able to fold it by randomly poking a long metal rod (screwdriver extension bar in my case) through the little flap at the top. I wasn't able to do it with my finger (or was too scared I'd end up cutting myself trying haha)

Without completely ripping the back of the seat's fabric, I wasn't able to understand the mechanism, nor was I able to attach some wire to make it easier next time around :noidea:

:happy0180:
Geoff

Z OH 6 05-09-2024 05:57 AM

I would just remove the backseat if I owned a ZL1 1LE, its a track package therefore doesn't need the backseat. Sounds like a hassle to keep it installed anyway. Save even more weight with it removed.

NG329 05-09-2024 07:56 AM

I've done this numerous times.

In the trunk you can get to the center of the back seat where there's a little piece of cloth covering the latch assembly. I've reached in and used a long socket wrench extender to press on the metal latch assembly and it works.

Fenmore 05-09-2024 08:17 AM

So if the seat is there....and the latch is there, but covered.
Where is the weight savings ??? :smiling1:

Jofu 05-09-2024 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenmore (Post 11423940)

Is the backseat itself any different between ZL1 and ZL1 1LE? I haven't had a chance to look at a ZL1's backseat yet. Of course, even that would likely just be a very minimal weight saving...

Geoff

arpad_m 05-09-2024 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenmore (Post 11423940)

It's in the strap!! Every ounce counts on the track :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jofu (Post 11424007)
Is the backseat itself any different between ZL1 and ZL1 1LE? I haven't had a chance to look at a ZL1's backseat yet. Of course, even that would likely just be a very minimal weight saving...

Geoff

It should be the same, except for the attached strap that is missing on the ZL1 1LE for some weird reason.

Blackrat 05-09-2024 09:28 PM

Don't cut the fabric, it's behind the flap that's below the visible hole. Pull the flap down and prod around in there. You'll feel it. You don't need a tool or anything, although if you have shorter arms you might not be able to reach it.

nighttowl 05-10-2024 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arpad_m (Post 11424042)
It should be the same, except for the attached strap that is missing on the ZL1 1LE for some weird reason.

I read elsewhere on this forum that the ZLE seat doesnt have the bracing the regular seats have.

Bearded_Seamonkey 05-10-2024 08:43 AM

This video was posted on the forum years ago. Maybe it will help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx4xBkBrkbA&t=13s

DansZL1-1LE 05-11-2024 07:29 PM

Thanks to everyone for commenting. What is interesting, is my 2023 does not have a flap. That was the very first thing I looked for. So I made a cut in the fabric. I would be surprised if they made a design change, but I do not know what else it could be....??? No flap for me! Everything else I have seen says you have to lower the seat back to remove it, which I cannot do... so I am stuck!