CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=231)
-   -   Vararam Sneak Peak at new Air Intake (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=543003)

NYblack1le 05-16-2019 12:21 PM

A projected release date would be great. I’d be willing to wait a few months but any longer and I’ll probobly go with a roto-fab. Some transparency would be appreciated.

waterman 05-16-2019 10:30 PM

It's not often that we as consumers have any insight into the development of an aftermarket bolt on. It takes extra effort and a degree of risk from the vendor to do so, especially in the R&D stage. There are bound to be successes and failures as well as setbacks during real word testing. Not to mention that a quality product takes time to evolve. I for one, appreciate the updates.

I would like to encourage the members of this forum who are following this thread to remain constructive in their posts. Take the hate somewhere else or perhaps show enough maturity to move on.

Thanks in advance.

Mountain 05-17-2019 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterman (Post 10520905)
It's not often that we as consumers have any insight into the development of an aftermarket bolt on. It takes extra effort and a degree of risk from the vendor to do so, especially in the R&D stage. There are bound to be successes and failures as well as setbacks during real word testing. Not to mention that a quality product takes time to evolve. I for one, appreciate the updates.

I would like to encourage the members of this forum who are following this thread to remain constructive in their posts. Take the hate somewhere else or perhaps show enough maturity to move on.

Thanks in advance.

Good post.

I am just as interested in this part as others on here. In the same, I am just as annoyed about the lack of transparency and broken promises of updates.

The things is, because of what waterman wrote, and also figuring in the business case behind this part, I cannot help but just wait. What I mean is, the business case to develop, manufacture and sell is not as good compared to other cars (like our Mustang friends is). The 6th Gen Camaro didn't get the sales volumes for it. This is one reason why a lot of other aftermarket companies haven't come out with anything or took a while to do so. The other reason, in my educated belief, is that the competency of the 6th Gen is to the point where some products don't make sense to put out there anyway.

Koni and Bilstein don't even have replacement shocks out yet... Options are pretty much coil-overs, custom or stock.

mlee 05-17-2019 01:19 AM

Quote:

Thanks in advance.

Well said :thanks:

It appears some haven't read rule #1 of this forum.

Bayles76 05-17-2019 08:59 AM

Quote:

Thanks in advance.

+1 :clap:

Whitecomet 36 05-18-2019 08:39 AM

Looks amazing. And I am happy it will no don't be a quality product. I just don't understand the avoidance with respect to a release date.

Whitecomet 36 06-11-2019 07:07 PM

Month later bump

Whitecomet 36 06-12-2019 12:50 PM

Uhhh lol eta 2025

TRich2SS 06-12-2019 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitecomet 36 (Post 10542793)
Uhhh lol eta 2025

Its over just let it die lol.

Whitecomet 36 06-12-2019 02:32 PM

No never I need this the best ho mid ever. More hp than a super charger. 10x gain over a roto fab. You'll see.

6spdhyperblue 06-13-2019 10:20 AM

Maybe they’ll debut it at fest. Does anyone know if they’re going?

RyanR623 06-13-2019 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vararam industries (Post 10368178)
Not to worry, there will be no feet dragging !
We have been head long on this project for months wile simultaneously running multiple R&D programs on the LT-1's and LT-4's engines for future products.
We have tested every combination possible, we even modified the stock box to the point that it outperformed "EVERY" aftermarket intake on the market wile still using the stock paper filter!

Our goal was to beat what we had created by a strong margin wile setting up for both LT-1 and ZL-1 vehicles.
We more than reached that goal.

More updates coming this week.

VR tech

I wonder how long it would take if they WERE dragging their feet.