CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=257)
-   -   2016 2SS - Mysterious Rattle has Appeared (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=438422)

Sledgehammer70 01-30-2016 07:40 PM

2016 2SS - Mysterious Rattle has Appeared

If things can't get any worse...

Today after 3 days of the car sitting all tucked away in the garage, I started the car up like normal. Sounded great as always. Took off down the street and upon swapping the car into Sport mode and hitting the gas lightly a vibration rattling sound could easily be heard from the passenger rear side of the car. shit....

So thinking to others posting NPP issues when the valves were closed... but mine was open. Could it be something else I though? So I started to change the NPP modes and the sound happens in every mode selection.

Running the car idle and parked dosen't seem to reveal the location of the sound, but only while driving under light load and being on the gas peddel.

I am going to try and find what is causing this, but chalk it up as another fun early production potential issue.

leadfoot93 01-30-2016 07:53 PM

Damn that really sucks! Is it a loud rattle?

Sledgehammer70 01-30-2016 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leadfoot93 (Post 8873075)
Damn that really sucks! Is it a loud rattle?

It is pretty audible when it is making the noise.

davet435 01-30-2016 08:05 PM

You said it's vibrating also? You don't have a loose wheel do you?
Damn Sledgehammer your luck is like mine,

Snowblind 01-30-2016 08:12 PM

That sucks man, I've seen guys use a gopro under their ride to locate hard to find noises.

Good luck and hope it's nothing big

suzook 01-30-2016 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 (Post 8873052)
If things can't get any worse...

Today after 3 days of the car sitting all tucked away in the garage, I started the car up like normal. Sounded great as always. Took off down the street and upon swapping the car into Sport mode and hitting the gas lightly a vibration rattling sound could easily be heard from the passenger rear side of the car. shit....

So thinking to others posting NPP issues when the valves were closed... but mine was open. Could it be something else I though? So I started to change the NPP modes and the sound happens in every mode selection.

Running the car idle and parked dosen't seem to reveal the location of the sound, but only while driving under light load and being on the gas peddel.

I am going to try and find what is causing this, but chalk it up as another fun early production potential issue.

Idk, sounds like it could be npp. I have similar issue with mine. I bet the npp valve is loose. Mine is coming from rt rear side also.

Jeanius 01-30-2016 09:10 PM

Can you reproduce it by reving the motor up while in neutral?

leadfoot93 01-31-2016 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 (Post 8873090)
It is pretty audible when it is making the noise.

Throw that GoPro Back there. Get an extra one from "work" to put on the side/back/under the car :)

F N MUSCLE 01-31-2016 02:15 AM

Mine has been like that since day one. Just really don't want to take it in and leave it at the dealership for weeks until it gets fixed. Might have them look at it when I get the software update for Android auto in a few months.

MrImSoFly 01-31-2016 10:29 AM

It might something simple as a loose bolt. I had the issue with the sport mode and I kept hearing a rattle as well (have NPP exhaust as well) the dealer tighten a couple loose bolt and the noise stopped.

i007spectre 01-31-2016 11:48 AM

Sounds like my issue. Does yours sound like this. https://www.soundcloud.com/i007spectre/2016-rattle

sellis351 01-31-2016 12:41 PM

I have a similar issue. Rattle on the right exhaust pipe. I took it to the dealer last week to have them look at it and my passenger seat not reclining. They said the exhaust issue was a known problem and they had to order some lube from the factory. It's in now and I have an appointment on Thursday to get it fixed. The seat was just a loose connector.

suzook 01-31-2016 01:29 PM

Well I have narrowed my rattle down to the pass side NPP valve. I took a screwdriver, gave it a few swift blows...noise is gone for now. OP, check your NPP valve. Just stick a long screwdriver in pipe against it, and see if noise goes away?

Sledgehammer70 02-01-2016 04:14 PM

The issue for me only appears when driving. You can't hear or notice it while it sits idle. The car is headed to the dealer on the 8th, will have them look at it than. I am going to see if my gopro can pick up the noise.