CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=231)
-   -   Vararam Sneak Peak at new Air Intake (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=543003)

vararam industries 11-24-2018 06:41 AM

Vararam Sneak Peak at new Air Intake

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 965490

vararam industries 11-24-2018 09:05 AM

The base LT-1 system will use the OEM tube . We found no flow advantage in changing it ,even up to 750HP and 7,800 RPM .
It has better Thermal-dynamics as well, yielding cooler Intake temperatures inside the plenum of the intake manifold.

VR tech

USAFS197 11-24-2018 11:35 AM

I’m going to be completely honest here.

You guys are really late to the game.

This thing better not be more than $59.99 w/ free shipping and an apology letter for tardiness.

Unless there’s a substantial cost benefit to switching to this, or for new buyers to completely circumvent the existing, proven cold air intakes for this platform, you guys have a hill to climb and a lot of bias to overcome. Good luck either way.

vararam industries 11-24-2018 12:14 PM

Maybe this will help give you an idea of why we take the time we do in developing products. besides we have been working on a different Engine product for the LT-1's that will break cover very soon.
I posted this reply in another section for a customer :

Primary difference is the system delivers the flow required to support a true gain in power vs tricking the ECM to alter the tune wile gaining little to zero increase in actual airflow.
Some of our competition shows a very little to zero gain over factory when you tested TUNE for TUNE on the dyno and at the drag strip. The flow bench tests when flowing through the head verify this as well.
We gain over 1/2-3/4 of a pound of manifold pressure wile some others tapper off down to 13.8-13.9 PSI @ 4,900RPM -6,000 RPM ! on a stock LT-1 ,that's well over 20 Rear wheel HP on a stock LT-1!

The ZL-1's are simply in another world !
Comparisons to others on those have seen over 1.5lbs of pressure added "over and above" some of the competition. We have tested on stock and modified ZL-1's and the VR is a "MUST HAVE" for any ZL-1 ,especially if it's been modified.

Construction materials - The materials have far better thermal-dynamic properties than Metal intakes with coatings and even the carbon Fiber intakes .
Showing real world temps that are lower by 20-30 deg F inside the manifolds plenum or inside the supercharger !

Quality - Using both Injection and Rotational molding yields a precise fit and internal aerodynamic package that rivals OEM .

There are a host of design features that will be shown in the coming week .
Stay tuned to our facebook page and the forums for latest updates.

VR tech

CompleteStreet 11-24-2018 12:55 PM

Cant wait to be able to offer this intake!

https://www.cspracing.com/black-frid...r-monday-deals

vararam industries 11-24-2018 04:20 PM

Your customers will be thrilled with the results !

VR tech

BlaqWhole 11-24-2018 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USAFS197 (Post 10367780)
I’m going to be completely honest here.

You guys are really late to the game.

This thing better not be more than $59.99 w/ free shipping and an apology letter for tardiness.

Unless there’s a substantial cost benefit to switching to this, or for new buyers to completely circumvent the existing, proven cold air intakes for this platform, you guys have a hill to climb and a lot of bias to overcome. Good luck either way.

Well it's only been 2 years since 2016 and 3-4 MYs of total 6th Gen Camaros. Remember back in the 5th Gen there were companies sprouting up left and right throughout the entire Gen. Right now we have RF which is great, they were the first ones. The other option for open element is K&N which I'm not a fan of. Closed systems only have CAI. The other brands require tunes and are sold in packages and such...like Weapon X or one of those companies. So really there are only 3 other choices. Taking it back to the 5th Gen again, there were many many more options. So the fact that there aren't as many choices right now might work in their favor if they price it properly. Not everyone wants a RF as they seem to be the dominant ones. K&N kinda doesn't have a good name. CAI is good. So I think they'll be just fine coming in at this point in time. But what they can't afford, if you ask me, is to drag their feet. It would suck if they keep saying "more info soon", "stay tuned", "very very soon", and before you know it this thread is 15 pages long and we're well into 2019 with no sign of the dang thing being available, lol!!

vararam industries 11-24-2018 08:41 PM

Not to worry, there will be no feet dragging !
We have been head long on this project for months wile simultaneously running multiple R&D programs on the LT-1's and LT-4's engines for future products.
We have tested every combination possible, we even modified the stock box to the point that it outperformed "EVERY" aftermarket intake on the market wile still using the stock paper filter!

Our goal was to beat what we had created by a strong margin wile setting up for both LT-1 and ZL-1 vehicles.
We more than reached that goal.

More updates coming this week.

VR tech

staples87 11-24-2018 11:16 PM

You have got my attention... subscribed.

Buckscamaro 11-25-2018 12:12 AM

I think this is the intake I will run on my car. stealthy! I like it...

glenB 11-25-2018 07:13 PM

More waste of money

fivewunoh 11-25-2018 08:16 PM

Dyno graphs vs stock coming soon?

oldman 11-25-2018 08:30 PM

The only worth while Dyno is from perf air intake back to stock and see if it loses ho

ThirstyDave 11-25-2018 11:59 PM

I'm in the market for a cold air intake. Looking forward to see what yall have to offer.