CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   6th gen Camaro 1LE (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=296)
-   -   23'Camaro 2SS1LE Camshaft issue (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=624513)

vigg 03-27-2024 10:47 AM

23'Camaro 2SS1LE Camshaft issue

I started hearing ticking noise from engine bay after starting the vehicle two days back so took it to the dealership. They said camshaft has been damaged but car has only 4K miles. They ordered the part and said it will be fixed under warranty.
Should I be worried that this happened within the first one year of purchase and please advise whether I need to ask the dealership to check/replace anything else that might have been damages b/c of this issue.

Appreciate the help!

MT-SS1LE 03-27-2024 11:10 AM

Wow, that's disconcerting to hear. Do you track the car? What oil do you use and has it been changed in those 4K miles?

vigg 03-27-2024 11:13 AM

I didnt track the car. First Oil change was done at the dealership around 500 miles.
The ticking noise started just two days back.

m6-lt1 03-27-2024 12:09 PM

Sorry to hear. Hopefully everything else in your engine is alright. Man I am seeing way too many issues on these boards and the FB groups with the 2020+ cars. I do not feel good about keeping mine long term.

If there is damage on a cam lobe I’d imagine they are also at the very least replacing that lifter.

dpevans 03-27-2024 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vigg (Post 11414374)
I started hearing ticking noise from engine bay after starting the vehicle two days back so took it to the dealership. They said camshaft has been damaged but car has only 4K miles. They ordered the part and said it will be fixed under warranty.
Should I be worried that this happened within the first one year of purchase and please advise whether I need to ask the dealership to check/replace anything else that might have been damages b/c of this issue.

Appreciate the help!

I think thats why when the car warranty is over I am doing the AFM delete.

KYVOM1LE 03-28-2024 08:19 AM

Oh no...I have your twin...Do keep us updated on your repair journey at the Dealership...

vigg 03-28-2024 01:47 PM

Definitely!
It will take a month for them to fix it(swamped with more repairs is the reason)
They are replacing camshaft and lifters.
I’m hoping that the replacement parts are not defective ones as I read somewhere that GM replaces damaged camshaft with new ones from same manufacturer. ����

m6-lt1 03-28-2024 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vigg (Post 11414676)
Definitely!
It will take a month for them to fix it(swamped with more repairs is the reason)
They are replacing camshaft and lifters.
I’m hoping that the replacement parts are not defective ones as I read somewhere that GM replaces damaged camshaft with new ones from same manufacturer. ����

The cam isn’t usually what’s defective. It’s the lifters. The lifter messed up the cam. While not super common, it’s also not uncommon unfortunately.

vigg 03-28-2024 02:50 PM

Understood. Appreciate the info!