CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Discussions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=235)
-   -   Harness system (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=510917)

CRM655 04-26-2018 09:04 AM

Schroth Rallye 4 asm harness

I had the Schroth harness installed last weekend for a track event at VIR. It held me in the seat almost as well as a conventional harnesses set up. I used it with the Hybrid S device from Simpson.

FYI - Some organizations will not allow the Schroth harness (PCA for example), so leave the 3 point belts in place.

Exgermanowner 04-26-2018 11:47 AM

How did the Simpson Hybrid S feel, comfort wise with the Recaro's? I'm planning on going down the same path. Schroth's and Hybrid set up.

To add - The Hybrid S is the only approved "head and neck restraint system" for 3pt belt set up. Also I saw someone concerned about 4pts and submarining. The Schroth have a special feature built in that other 4pt belts don't that prevent this from happening.

Svfiluto 07-13-2018 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnspd (Post 9942583)
I finally got my new harness system hooked up. It works great. My last car had a harness bar and tank plates. That system worked fine but in my new ZL1 1LE I really did not want to mount a harness bar in it. Thanks to the help of some members in here I found a harness called the Schroth Rallye 4 ASM harness. The back seat harness mounts to the existing seat belt location bolts and the front lap belts mount under the front seat rear rail bolts. The harness can be unhooked and hidden in the back floor board when not in use. Both front and rear factory seat belts are still functional and can be used. Not expensive at all either. Now I am set for my first track day at Roebling Road in Savannah, Georgia on November 11 and 12.

Can you show us where you connected the harness at all 4 points? I'm trying to install mine tonight for an event tomorrow.

The places where it seems like I should bolt to the floor by the front seat don't agree with the angle of the harness points and the rear - I'm not sure where you connected those and how.

carguy55 02-16-2019 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wstaab (Post 10086823)
BMW E90

Did you have a picture with this setup?

BUD/ZL1/1LE 02-16-2019 06:05 PM

3 Attachment(s)
:cool: I went with a RPM cage for my set up and 5 point harness from my 5th gen. Did the install last month so haven’t been out on track yet to see how it works but a lot safer 😉 Also Haylon fire extinguisher and helmet hook.
Nice fit and power coat finish with their bars.

waterman 02-16-2019 10:43 PM

Nice set up.

I'm surprised that halon/halocarbon is still available in automotive applications.

FWIW, we have been required to use FM200 and FE241 in marine applications for years. Likely an confined space thing.

BUD/ZL1/1LE 02-17-2019 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterman (Post 10439189)
Nice set up.

I'm surprised that halon/halocarbon is still available in automotive applications.

FWIW, we have been required to use FM200 and FE241 in marine applications for years. Likely an confined space thing.

:cool: Yes, have a local fire extinguishers company that carry it.

waterman 02-17-2019 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUD/ZL1/1LE (Post 10439311)
:cool: Yes, have a local fire extinguishers company that carry it.

:thumbsup:

Timbo-1LE 12-23-2020 05:40 AM

I called schroth technical support this week. As others stated, quick fit is a no go. But, we talked for 15 minutes and the Rallye 3 ASM will.work. Also I have used the Simpson hybrid S for two years, which Schroth stated will work with the set up. My issue is the amount of energy I spend trying to stay in the seat. Will advise.

Vtor_ZL1 05-18-2021 02:40 PM

Schroth will keep telling you that until they test it with camaro environment, ie seats, anchor points.

Timbo-1LE 05-18-2021 04:27 PM

I installed the 3 point asm on top of the stock belts. Works well with hybrid, belt clip to keep airbags active. Really keeps you in your seats...