Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 07-17-2010, 08:57 PM   #1
ArkySS
Camaroless for now...

Drives: 2014 Blue Topaz Silverado
Another Hypertech Thread....

Okay gang I know there are plenty of threads about the Hypertech programmer but I am looking for someone who has used one on their L99 and can 'coach' me to the optimal setup. So far the settings I have are:

-Premium Fuel tune
-Top end limiter removed (well set to the max)
-AFM turned off
-Torque Management turned off

Have not messed with rev limiter, shift points or shift firmness (actually didn't see the option for firmness come up but I guess you have to change the shift points). Have not messed with the fans either. The Torque Converter has been changed and my temps are up a bit but obviously changing the fans won't help that (checking on the ADM trans cooler for that). Basically I need a strategy for changing the shift points, firmness, etc. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:45 PM   #2
ArkySS
Camaroless for now...

Crickets...as usual!
Old 07-21-2010, 06:20 AM   #3
Blackbean

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
I have a Hypertech in my Cummins diesal Dodge, and it works great, better fuel economy and increased power.
If I get a tuner for my 2SS it will be the Hypertech.
Blackbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:05 PM   #4
ArkySS
Camaroless for now...

Yeah I figured that. I was really hoping to change the shift firmness but found out from one of your technical supervisors (Jimmy) that that functionality is not built in to the tuner for the SS. I told him to get to work on that! I also volunteered to help out in any way. I am only a couple of hours away from you guys