Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-27-2023, 10:43 PM   #1
DavoinShowerHandel

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 M6
Z/28 Rear Strut Mounts

Does anyone know where to find these? OEM would be ideal, but replacements would do in a pinch. I'm looking to put them in as I'm doing the rear suspension on my car and can't find them absolutely anywhere. Thanks in advance for any help!
Mods: Kooks 1 7/8" LT Headers, CAI Intake w/ APEX Race Scoop, Bo White Ported Throttle Body, MGW Short Throw Shifter, Powerbond 25% Underdrive Pulley, Borla ATAK Catback, Full DSE suspension, Bilstein B6 shocks/struts, Yukon 4.11 gears/TrueTrac, 1.25" drop

Dyno Tuned by Brian Turner of Dyno Tune Motorsports
DavoinShowerHandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 06:58 AM   #2
Joe.G

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 6SP Ashen Grey
I found mine on Ebay from a GM Dealer. Going to be hard to find OEM ones. I am unsure of aftermarket ones as I have not tried to fond any.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Hotckis 1" Springs & Chassis Max Brace
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Pedders Radius Rod Inserts Strut tower brace
Hero Smoked Tail and 3rd Brake Light, Diode Dynamic SL1 Fog Lights
AeroForce Dual gauge/Autometer pillar mount.
Joe.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 02:31 PM   #3
DavoinShowerHandel

That's the issue I'm running into is the OEM ones are next to impossible currently. Aftermarket would definitely be an option if I could actually find the correct ones, I'd gladly take the 1LE mounts but I can't find those either. I was under the impression a manufacturer had to make parts for 10 years for all vehicles, but apparently Z/28 and 1LE parts they must not have to. Thank you for the help anyways.
Mods: Kooks 1 7/8" LT Headers, CAI Intake w/ APEX Race Scoop, Bo White Ported Throttle Body, MGW Short Throw Shifter, Powerbond 25% Underdrive Pulley, Borla ATAK Catback, Full DSE suspension, Bilstein B6 shocks/struts, Yukon 4.11 gears/TrueTrac, 1.25" drop

Old 07-29-2023, 11:25 PM   #4
Unaf-Ford-able

Drives: 2010 Synergy Camaro
Is this going to be a bigger problem moving forward?
Unaf-Ford-able is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 12:42 AM   #5
DavoinShowerHandel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unaf-Ford-able View Post
Is this going to be a bigger problem moving forward?
Being able to find them, or just any parts? Other parts I would imagine will be (mostly) fine, especially with the aftermarket. I'm not totally sure how Chevy is skirting around these parts because the law states OEM parts have to be made available for 10 years post-production. Unless it's due to a technicality because it states "for any model sold" and not submodels. Just a little frustrating either way for someone looking to upgrade.

Old 07-30-2023, 01:08 AM   #6
Unaf-Ford-able

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavoinShowerHandel View Post
Being able to find them, or just any parts? Other parts I would imagine will be (mostly) fine, especially with the aftermarket. I'm not totally sure how Chevy is skirting around these parts because the law states OEM parts have to be made available for 10 years post-production. Unless it's due to a technicality because it states "for any model sold" and not submodels. Just a little frustrating either way for someone looking to upgrade.
Simply put, 5th-gen parts in general, both aftermarket and OEM replacement.

I've just entered into 5th-gen Camaro ownership, and I'm noticing quite a few oddball parts that appear to have been widely available just a year or so ago that are now drying up, but this isn't limited just to General Motors.

If this is going to continue to be a problem, I'm thinking of moving the Camaro on down the road to the next owner.

Beyond that, I know about the law you're speaking of, but I've worked in a number of dealership parts departments, and the prematurely-but-permanently disappearing parts phenomenon is fairly widespread across all domestic manufacturers. I've seen quite a few Ford bits and pieces disappearing after only 6 or 7 years.

On a side note, I've had a heck of a lot more luck with German manufacturers, with BMW in particular being a bit odd concerning how they've come to the rescue with parts for insanely old offerings (I'm recalling a restoration of a 1959 190D Mercedes that we were still able to get Mercedes factory parts for...in 1990), an acquaintance recently got all replacement weatherstripping and several other new OEM parts for an E36 coupe in late 2022, ordered directly from BMW. I can't verify that it actually happened, but this contact hasn't been known to come up with fantastic stories.
Old 07-30-2023, 01:38 AM   #7
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
I found my oem ones for my SS at rockauto but they are not the z28 ones.
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 07:58 AM   #8
DavoinShowerHandel

Unaf-Ford-able - I know what you mean. I've noticed parts tapered off before the 10-year mark and its a worrisome trend. Thankfully the aftermarket takes care of my needs so far but there's some parts that just aren't covered.

morepowerjoe - I actually looked there as well for a last ditch effort and saw those for the SS, just looking for something slightly stiffer. Doesn't seem like it'll be an option unfortunately.

Old 07-30-2023, 12:26 PM   #9
bottletalk

Drives: 15 Camaro 2SS M6
get a set of good coil overs, kw, viking, ridetech, DSE, come with stiffer and improved mounts.
bottletalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 02:23 PM   #10
Unaf-Ford-able

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottletalk View Post
get a set of good coil overs, kw, viking, ridetech, DSE, come with stiffer and improved mounts.
On a side question, are any of those fairly streetable?
Old 07-30-2023, 02:53 PM   #11
bottletalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unaf-Ford-able View Post
On a side question, are any of those fairly streetable?
lots of kw and ridetech on Daily's. unsure on the viking/DSE...more on track use.
Old 07-30-2023, 03:22 PM   #12
bottletalk

Bmr makes coilover mounts as well.
Old 07-30-2023, 05:25 PM   #13
DavoinShowerHandel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottletalk View Post
Bmr makes coilover mounts as well.
Awesome, thank you so much! Are they closer in stiffness to the 1LE or Z/28 than they are the SS, do you know by chance?

Old 07-30-2023, 08:54 PM   #14
bottletalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavoinShowerHandel View Post
Awesome, thank you so much! Are they closer in stiffness to the 1LE or Z/28 than they are the SS, do you know by chance?
it's an aftermarket performance part so it should be on par or exceeds the z28.