Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-26-2023, 01:05 PM   #1
GMv8

Drives: Grand Prix GTP
Angry Bad Dealer

I was so excited to order a new decked out 2023 Red hot 2SS in February. I was going to surprise my kids with it when picking them up from school. I went through the Costco Auto program and they pointed me to Lake Chevy in Milwaukee WI. They said they had an allocation so I ordered and put down a $1000 non-refundable deposit. After a time, they said the order was placed. After some more time they said it was accepted. Two and a half months later I asked for the Workbench Printout and order number. I got the run around for a week. I got the general manager on the phone. Then the new car manager. He sent me a new car config sheet trying to pawn it off as the Workbench Printout with order number. I called the general manager back two days later. I then found out there is no order number because they don't have an allocation yet. They lied the whole way. Three months of excitement and anticipation wasted. I asked for the $1000 deposit back. The GM said I will have it by the end of the day and hung up. No apologies from anyone there. I got the money back along with a huge pile of disappointment. So much so, I don't think I am going to try and order another one and have to wait another 3 to 6 months or longer. Where did all the honest people go?
GMv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 01:31 PM   #2
JoeTX

Drives: 2023 2SS 1LE
place an order with a bigger dealer, or find one on the chevy website
JoeTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 01:43 PM   #3
MadeInHB

Drives: 2023 Camaro 2SS
Need to find a bigger dealer. I went to one last June here in VA. They accepted my GM Discount code through my work. Don’t upsell or anything. No ADM. they had a $500 refundable deposit that I put down. Ended up picking up the car in September.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
MadeInHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 01:52 PM   #4
302crossram

Drives: 2023 Sharkskin 2SS
My order took 13 weeks

if you want to travel or ship
shop here, no fees no bs

they strangely get a lot of allocations

https://www.donohoochevrolet.com/
302crossram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 01:55 PM   #5
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by 302crossram View Post
My order took 13 weeks

if you want to travel or ship
shop here, no fees no bs

they strangely get a lot of allocations

https://www.donohoochevrolet.com/

I will give a 2nd to Donohoo. Great buying experience.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 02:04 PM   #6
FRANK121

Drives: 2022 Camaro ZL1
Well look on the bright side, you got your non-refundable $1000 back to spend elsewhere.
Never been Dynoed
FRANK121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 02:31 PM   #7
Iconic
Miller Time Wisconsin

Drives: '24 VOM 1SS 1LE M6. 1 of 4
By the way, a buyer can have a workbench and order number even if the dealer does not have an allocation. The status will initially be 1100, which is merely the dealer requesting a build from GM. Not trying to pick apart the story. Sorry to hear about the bad experience
Old 04-26-2023, 03:20 PM   #8
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
I’ve never bought a new car in my life but with the manual V8 coupes disappearing each year and the used market being complete **** I decided to try and purchase a 2023 2ss 1le. I did a bunch of research on these boards before talking to multiple dealers. I know you’re disappointed but I think you should try again. Here’s what I found out while talking to dealers the last 2 weeks.

1) Some will give you the run around about allocations and what place you are in line. They won’t be honest about when they actually think they’ll get an allocation for your specific build. All they are going to try and do is get your $1000 “non-refundable” deposit.

2) Some will be honest about your place in line and will tell you they’ll give you your deposit back if you “cancel” before getting an allocation. I’m still hesitant about these unless I can get it in writing. That being said I would consider still placing an order with one of them if they are a larger dealer that gets lots of allocations.

3) Some will take down your contact info and build list but NOT take your deposit until it’s your place in line for an allocation. These are the honest ones that will get my business if they get an allocation. One of the dealers I spoke to that has this business model even told me that the allocations are split up by trim, meaning if they get a camaro allocation that week it doesn’t mean it will be for me as I want a 2ss.

4) Try to also lock in a price or get it in writing that it will be sold to you at msrp and without bull**** dealer add ons.

I see a lot of posts from people about having to pay adm and ad ons. Do yourself a favor and travel 1-3 hours away if you live in or near a major metropolitan area. In my experience, dealers in major metropolitan areas are the ones that do all the bull****.

Do not give them a deposit unless you get a workbench emailed to you that day with your order number.
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 03:30 PM   #9
Iconic
Miller Time Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6-lt1 View Post
Do not give them a deposit unless you get a workbench emailed to you that day with your order number.
Again, the workbench and order number doesn't mean the dealer has an allocation. On my last Chevy truck order I had the workbench and order number in hand but my truck took 10 months to get.
Old 04-26-2023, 03:34 PM   #10
DamonZ28

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
I'm in Janesville, sorry to hear about your bad experience. I bought mine used from Bergstrom in Oshkosh back in November, so I can't help you with personal experience. But I've heard a lot of good things about Donohoo and I'd seriously consider that if I were going to order new. You can also check the Chevy website for cars that are in transit to dealers. Input your desired features, and I'd recommend checking nationwide. You'll get a list of cars matching your desired features, and close matches to see if you can live without something. You can always drive/fly/otherwise travel & pick it up. Good luck, I really hope you find the car you're looking for. And if you're on Facebook, join the Wisconsin Camaro group!
RUXIFEY Smoked LED Side Marker Lights / Black SS emblem on rear bumper / Blue SS vinyl overlay on front bumper emblem / Wildhammer Rear Dark Reflectors / Trim Illusion Gloss Black Door Handle Covers / eBay Black Fuel Door / Screaming Chicken Fender Hash Marks / Color-Matched G2 Caliper Paint
RE Audio RFX10D4 10" Sub / Hand-made sub enclosure / Hifonics Zeus ZRX1200.1D amp / JL Audio LoC-22 line output converter / Sub Thump Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit

My Camaro Journal
DamonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 03:57 PM   #11
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by US Icon View Post
Again, the workbench and order number doesn't mean the dealer has an allocation. On my last Chevy truck order I had the workbench and order number in hand but my truck took 10 months to get.
I understand, but it is an easy red flag to spot if you place your order + deposit and don’t get one.
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 03:58 PM   #12
79 TransAm that never was

Drives: 2023 Camaro LT1 6.2 MT6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMv8 View Post
I was so excited to order a new decked out 2023 Red hot 2SS in February. I was going to surprise my kids with it when picking them up from school. I went through the Costco Auto program and they pointed me to Lake Chevy in Milwaukee WI. They said they had an allocation so I ordered and put down a $1000 non-refundable deposit. After a time, they said the order was placed. After some more time they said it was accepted. Two and a half months later I asked for the Workbench Printout and order number. I got the run around for a week. I got the general manager on the phone. Then the new car manager. He sent me a new car config sheet trying to pawn it off as the Workbench Printout with order number. I called the general manager back two days later. I then found out there is no order number because they don't have an allocation yet. They lied the whole way. Three months of excitement and anticipation wasted. I asked for the $1000 deposit back. The GM said I will have it by the end of the day and hung up. No apologies from anyone there. I got the money back along with a huge pile of disappointment. So much so, I don't think I am going to try and order another one and have to wait another 3 to 6
months or longer. Where did all the honest people go?
Make sure to take your story to social media and every other platform you can think of to expose this dishonest dealership! Contact Costco and tell them your story and emphasize how dissatisfied you are with the dealership that THEY recommended to you!

Thanks for advising us to never buy a thing from this dealership!

Don't give up...move on to a reputable dealer.
79 TransAm that never was is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 04:16 PM   #13
Iconic
Miller Time Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6-lt1 View Post
I understand, but it is an easy red flag to spot if you place your order + deposit and don’t get one.
I suspect that the dealer mentioned in the OPs post had a workbench and order number from the day that order was placed, but they would not produce it to the OP was because the dealer knew that the OP could/would contact Chevy chat so to follow the progress, or in this case lack of progress. The dealer was worried that the OP would start asking why TF has he been at 1100 for months?

Dealers like this are gnikcuf scum
Old 04-26-2023, 04:57 PM   #14
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
I ordered a ZL1 in February and nothing has happened yet. Obviously, if the car doesn't get built in the 2023 model year, I will have the option of either re-ordering for 2024 or just taking my deposit back. 2024 production will end in January, so I'm inclined, if it comes to that, to look for something else in 2024 rather than dragging out the wait for a Camaro.

It's tough trying to blame the dealer for the very limited production of Camaro right now. OP got his deposit back, so no harm no foul. You really can't demand that the dealer "promise" you a Camaro these days.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote