Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-08-2020, 03:20 PM   #1
Biergut

Drives: '15 Z/28
COVID-19 Making You Reconsider Any Plans?

Just wondering.

I'm supposed to get on a plain next Friday and attend the St. Petersburg IndyCar race followed by the Sebring 12 hour the following weekend. My wife is starting to make noise about blowing it off...

I think more than anything I'd be most worried with getting quarantined somewhere because some gets a sniffle and people over-react.

Anyone having to consider any changes?
Biergut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 05:02 PM   #2
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biergut View Post
Just wondering.

I'm supposed to get on a plain next Friday and attend the St. Petersburg IndyCar race followed by the Sebring 12 hour the following weekend. My wife is starting to make noise about blowing it off...

I think more than anything I'd be most worried with getting quarantined somewhere because some gets a sniffle and people over-react.

I have done the same thing that I always have for traveling and I travel a lot. Wash hands, and anything you touch along the way. Don’t touch your face or eyes. Make sure your immune system is beefed up. Enjoy the race!!
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 06:16 PM   #3
rcandiloro

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biergut View Post
Just wondering.

That's the concern, not necessarily getting sick, but getting quarantined somewhere.......
rcandiloro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 06:31 PM   #4
SIM GhostrdrZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcandiloro View Post
That's the concern, not necessarily getting sick, but getting quarantined somewhere.......
The only quarantine has been from other countries or cruise ships with known exposure, that I’ve heard of. Everyone in country that I’ve heard of has been self quarantine, so staying home to get tested and go through the sickness if you get it. I’d never tell anyone to take risks they aren’t comfortable with.
Old 03-08-2020, 07:11 PM   #5
HoodCheck

Drives: 2018 ZLE (M6/hyper blue)
I'd call it overblown media hype and say don't sweat it...although admittedly I didn't think about some quarantine coming into the mix...
HoodCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 08:50 PM   #6
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodCheck View Post
I'd call it overblown media hype and say don't sweat it...although admittedly I didn't think about some quarantine coming into the mix...
Me too! Not slowing me down at all Disneyland on Friday, Santa Monica pier yesterday and the Cup race in Phoenix today.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 05:12 AM   #7
ticowarbird
BOHIC

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS "Enola"
Nooe,. I'm in the middleeast and plan on getting on a plane Thursday to go to Dublin for a week. I hear alcohol can kill/prevent it so I'm willing to test the theory.
Old 03-09-2020, 07:56 AM   #8
Biergut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM GhostrdrZ View Post
I have done the same thing that I always have for traveling and I travel a lot. Wash hands, and anything you touch along the way. Don’t touch your face or eyes. Make sure your immune system is beefed up. Enjoy the race!!
Thx! This is the first year I've done the back to back race weekends and certainly don't want to miss it.
Old 03-09-2020, 08:02 AM   #9
Biergut

Quote:
The only quarantine has been from other countries or cruise ships with known exposure, that I’ve heard of. Everyone in country that I’ve heard of has been self quarantine, so staying home to get tested and go through the sickness if you get it. I’d never tell anyone to take risks they aren’t comfortable with.
Good point. Hopefully, the some of the crazy responses don't escalate whereby some politician wants to stop air travel. Although there could be worse places to get stuck than Florida.

Most normal and logical folks all feel it's overblown hype... "if it bleeds, it leads/stay tuned" type coverage.

Now dealing with my germophobe wife is another matter....
Old 03-09-2020, 08:33 AM   #10
SIM GhostrdrZ

I’d be more concerned with the stock market!!
Perception is reality.
Old 03-09-2020, 08:34 AM   #11
LateBrakeU2

Drives: 15 RH Z/28, 23LT1VOM
Quote:
I’d be more concerned with the stock market!!
Perception is reality.
Down 1800 at the open today.
LateBrakeU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 12:21 PM   #12
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
OK, not to be overly rude or even obnoxious but what does this have to do with our Z/28s? Health discussions and financial advice would be better debated in the "off topic" category of this forum. Let's get back to talking about horsepower, shift points and suspensions. Just sayin' and not trying to step on anyone.
ariZona28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 12:31 PM   #13
Palutz
Banned

Drives: 22 ZLE M6
Nah I’m not worried. I don’t have any plans any time soon, but I’ll be going to a couple NFL games this fall without any worries. People are overblowing this because the media is hyping it up too much. The common flu kills a lot of people yearly and we don’t seem to panic about that.
Palutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 12:32 PM   #14
Biergut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
OK, not to be overly rude or even obnoxious but what does this have to do with our Z/28s? Health discussions and financial advice would be better debated in the "off topic" category of this forum. Let's get back to talking about horsepower, shift points and suspensions. Just sayin' and not trying to step on anyone.
Z/28 forum = camaraderie = some guys you respect = trust their thoughts & opinions = occasionally, a thread about some stuff that is not Z/28 related.

However... I can see your point of view. It shouldn't become a common occurrence.