Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-11-2019, 08:11 PM   #1
frogfish

Drives: 2018 Hotwheels 2SS #125
water inside lighted sill plate

My passenger side hot wheels sill plate is only bright (lit) 1/4 of the way and there is water in it. When you press on it with your finger it gets brighter where you touch? Seems like it is full of water? I took it to the dealer expecting it to be an easy process. Example: yes we see there is water in your sill plate we will order another one for you no problem. BUT they said I need to read the fine print on my 3 year bumper to bumper warranty. I said but the part is defective! They said there is a process now that they need to take pictures and get GM to approve it. I said ok but not replacing it will not be an option. I will go up the ladder very quickly. 2,500 miles on the car and less than a year old. I told my wife when they wanted my 53,000 they would do anything for me now that I need a 200 dollar part we have to bring up the fine print. I guess it's my fault the water went in there.

Last edited by frogfish; 03-12-2019 at 07:00 PM. Reason: New information
frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 07:28 PM   #2
frogfish

Drives: 2018 Hotwheels 2SS #125
I hope replacing the sill plate is a fairly simple repair?
frogfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 09:14 AM   #3
red_johnny

Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
Should just pop right out. I want to take mine out and apart and replace the LEDs. Thinking a RGB set up that automatically does sequential movement. But that is only if its easy to take apart.
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote