Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Thread Closed

Old 06-05-2018, 09:15 PM   #1
trcsr

Drives: 2018 2LT/RS Conv
Has anyone else been screwed by Chevy?

I had a 2013 5th Gen with almost $2000 worth of accessories. I now have a 2018 6th Gen and guess what? The dimensions of the 6th Gen are just slightly different from the 5th Gen so almost none of the accessories will fit. That means that eventually I will need to spend another $2000 or so to match the Gen 5. The Love the Drive Windscreen is narrower for the 6th. The windshield sun screen is no where near the size of the 5th Gen windshield. The floor mats and the Cargo mat are too big to fit the 6th. The cargo net is no where near the right size. And, of course, the RoboForm CAI and key fob covers don't fit. I have been able to get the external mirror covers to go on, but they are not a good fit. Plus, Helms has not produced the Service Manual yet and won't answer my emails about their plans for that.

They did make some improvements - like the arm rest for the drivers right arm is now high enough to be useful. But, they took off the strap that holds the seat belts on the outside of the front seats, so it is best to put on the seat belt before you close the door. After a while I can imagine that the belt buckle will eventually tear up the upholstery. There have been some other functional improvements, but I can't understand why they made these negative changes, unless they are in cahoots with the accessories manufacturers and made the changes just so people like me will need to buy new ones. If I had it to do over again, and I knew of these changes, I probably would have kept the 5th Gen

Has anybody else been bothered by any of these things?
Old 06-05-2018, 09:18 PM   #2
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Aaahhhhhh. They didn’t do anything to screw You over. You purchased a completely different generation of vehicle.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:19 PM   #3
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Do you understand that the 6th generation Camaro is a completely different car from the 5th generation? Like... COMPLETELY different. Not even the same chassis.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:23 PM   #4
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Forgive me OP, but are you on drugs or something?
Old 06-05-2018, 09:23 PM   #5
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Is there even one part on the cars that’s the same?
Old 06-05-2018, 09:23 PM   #6
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Can you name me a car in the past 50 years where the old generation of accessories fit the new generation?… You clearly have no clue how business works......
Old 06-05-2018, 09:25 PM   #7
trcsr

Quote:
Originally Posted by metros11 View Post
Do you understand that the 6th generation Camaro is a completely different car from the 5th generation? Like... COMPLETELY different. Not even the same chassis.

Yes, you are right, it is a completely different vehicle, but I can't see why they needed to make some of these changes in dimensions. Maybe I just am not smart enough to realize what goes into making a new model, but it is disgusting that I need to go through all of the process, and expense, of getting this one set up as I had the last one.

Thanks for the comeuppance. I apologize for takng up peoples time with my petty and ignorant bitching.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:26 PM   #8
trcsr

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Forgive me OP, but are you on drugs or something?

I don't think that I deserved that comment!
Old 06-05-2018, 09:29 PM   #9
metros11

Quote:
Originally Posted by trcsr View Post
Yes, you are right, it is a completely different vehicle, but I can't see why they needed to make some of these changes in dimensions. Maybe I just am not smart enough to realize what goes into making a new model, but it is disgusting that I need to go through all of the process, and expense, of getting this one set up as I had the last one.

Thanks for the comeuppance. I apologize for takng up peoples time with my petty and ignorant bitching.
So while I can see that someone would think that they took a 5th gen, and basically sculpted it into a 6th gen, that's not the case. The shape is completely different, they built this car from scratch. So yes, none of the accessory components are interchangeable.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:40 PM   #10
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Well, what do you expect to hear? The gen5 and gen6 are two completely different cars. You should know that going in owning a Gen5 yourself. No one screwed you ,but you.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:40 PM   #11
Whitespeed

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE & 1973 Datsun 240Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Is there even one part on the cars that’s the same?
IIRC, the front and rear bow tie emblems. But that's it.

Nigel
Old 06-05-2018, 09:44 PM   #12
Quester

Drives: 16 2SS Convertable
No worry’s man, I joined a couple of months ago and have posted around five or six times, and there are some consistently snarky people that just want to be dicks. A forum is someplace to discuss pros and cons about what you enjoy, build, mod or otherwise have something to say about Whatever, So if you want to bitch about changes, cool. Just be aware some are going to pick apart every little thing instead of having a conversation.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:45 PM   #13
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
You come on to the 6th gen forum knowing full well the 6th gen is COMPLETELY different from the 5th gen, bitch to us your 5th gen accessories don’t fit, and expect everyone to treat you kindly?

You ARE on drugs. Not even a question if you deserve that comment.

Go cry on the 5th gen forums.

Good Lord. Why don’t the floor mats from a ‘69 SS fit either?
Old 06-05-2018, 09:46 PM   #14
metros11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitespeed View Post
IIRC, the front and rear bow tie emblems. But that's it.

Nigel
I'm sure there are parts that are interchangeable, just nothing that would apply to accessories.

Closed Thread