#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 11-28-2017, 11:54 PM   #1
Niz55

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT
Delete please

Wrong section

Last edited by Niz55; 11-29-2017 at 12:24 AM.
Niz55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 12:33 AM   #2
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
By no stretch of the imagination is a ZL1 an $80K car. Mine had almost every option (nav, PDR, CF exposed hood insert, A10, sunroof, car cover, battery charger, wheel locks lol, etc) and it was $69,400 MSRP. So he is BSing you big time. At MSRP of your car the total amount of money in damages is high enough that the car should be totaled out. But perhaps they're looking at spending $48K instead of $63K. So I can understand their POV.

On the other hand, if there is no structural damage then I don't see why they can't just fix it and get it back to you. It sounds like it is all cosmetic stuff which is no problem. The tank, pump, and lines can be flushed. The injectors can be replaced. And the car is still under warranty plus you'll get a warranty for the work done. So if you have an issue down the road, say in a year or so you'll still be covered.

What I don't understand is why you don't want your car back. It seems like you'd just rather have a brand new one all over again...which is fine...but I doubt they'll accommodate you when yours can be fixed for $15K less than a new one would cost. The insurance company has to keep their costs down too you know. I say let them do their thing and get your car back to you nice and shiny and enjoy it. And this time put an aftermarket alarm or alerting system on it.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote