Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 08-30-2017, 03:54 PM   #1
Kiefer

Drives: 2018 NGM SS 1LE
Way to set car with active rev match always on?

Is there a way to program the car to have active rev match on all the time? Or do you have to tap the paddles every time you start the car? Picked up my 18 NGM today. Man I love this thing I can't stop starring at the color.
Kiefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 03:58 PM   #2
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
As of now, you have to enable it every time.
JeromeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 07:08 PM   #3
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Nope. I actually find it annoying at times anyway. It randomly will do a weird throttle blip, and I got some odd looks as I slowed down at traffic lights. Like why is this guy keep revving his car lol. I prefer to do it myself when needed...
Old 09-02-2017, 08:58 AM   #4
rootus

Drives: 2018 HBM SS 1LE
It seems like the throttle blips happen if you get too close to another gate. Makes a certain amount of sense that it has to predict your intended gear as early as possible to get the RPM matched correctly in time. Even then I have to slow my clutch release slightly to allow for the minor delay when the computer is controlling the match instead of my foot.
rootus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 09:20 AM   #5
MostlyHarmless

Drives: 2016 2SS A8 Convertible
The reason GM defaults it to off is to stop the engine revving too highly on a blip when the engine is still cold. They obviously can't stop the driver from revving a cold engine, but they can make sure the cars own systems don't do it.

Seems to me that the risk is tiny, but guess someone in GMs legal department told them to not give a customer a reason to sue if their engine blew up.

This was discussed on the Corvette forums in some detail a couple of years back when C7 drivers asked the same question. GM officially responded to that saying that rev match should not be used until the engine was at full operating temperature

Mark
MostlyHarmless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 09:32 AM   #6
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
It always blips when pulling out of 5th gear. The
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 12:43 PM   #7
Wallbank
2017 Krypton SS 1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
The blip happens whenever I shift and move it in the gate. I noticed I can shift to neutral and slow down and no noise, but if I wiggle the stick side to side in neutral it'll blip one or two times. Always when I wiggle towards a downshift. Not always when I wiggle to the right though. If that makes sense.
Wallbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 06:11 PM   #8
rootus

Drives: 2018 HBM SS 1LE
I noticed the same thing today, went out for some playtime and figured out that it'll blip any time you come out of 5th or 6th and go to neutral. So they must have a sensor in that position.
rootus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 08:14 PM   #9
bybcous

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS
Can someone record this blip lol, is it just dow shifting sound?
Best so far 11.5 at 123 with a 1.83 60ft. BMR lower and upper trailing arms and upper control arms,E85
DELIVERED 12/29/15
http://youtube.com/bybcous " no talking only racing on my youtube"
bybcous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 04:20 AM   #10
nate.the.great

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
It always blips when pulling out of 5th gear. The
yes, because you're moving it into "central" neutral, and the car is preparing for a downshift into 4th. central neutral is on the way to 4th, so the car is preparing for it. remember, it's just a machine trying to prepare/predict your action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallbank View Post
The blip happens whenever I shift and move it in the gate. I noticed I can shift to neutral and slow down and no noise, but if I wiggle the stick side to side in neutral it'll blip one or two times. Always when I wiggle towards a downshift. Not always when I wiggle to the right though. If that makes sense.
if you wiggle to the right, there's no need to blip the throttle unless you've left the engine in neutral for long enough that the rpm is lower than what it should be for 5th or 6th. you can try it on the freeway, shift into neutral on the freeway, let the rpm fall to idle, then move your stick to the right, it will blip for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootus View Post
I noticed the same thing today, went out for some playtime and figured out that it'll blip any time you come out of 5th or 6th and go to neutral. So they must have a sensor in that position.
there's a sensor in every position, it's totally dependent on what you're doing. put it neutral from 4th and push it a little up, and it'll blip. put it in neutral from 3rd, and wiggle it to the left and it'll blip, etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bybcous View Post
Can someone record this blip lol, is it just dow shifting sound?
i don't think our autos have a rev match downshift, but i could be wrong. put your car in park and rev the engine, same sound.
nate.the.great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 06:14 PM   #11
Rafal

Drives: Sold - Krypton Green 1LE
I mentioned it already that I would love to get an app for our radios to define presets with a one touch button. I would be do nice....
And an option for PDR to make it work as a dash cam unattended.

I would even pay for these if I could.

One side question here about gear indicators - anyone knows why a gear number is sometimes white and other times amber?
Rafal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 06:44 PM   #12
Jastone

Drives: 98 TA, 10 Sierra, 17 XT5, 17 1le
Amber (orange) = rev match ON

White = rev match OFF
Old 09-05-2017, 08:19 PM   #13
S2K+1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 17 SS 1LE | 07 S2K
Quote:
Originally Posted by MostlyHarmless View Post
The reason GM defaults it to off is to stop the engine revving too highly on a blip when the engine is still cold. They obviously can't stop the driver from revving a cold engine, but they can make sure the cars own systems don't do it.
Strange side note: my father had a 2003 Toyota 4Runner with the (stillslow but very musical) V8. One morning I took it out to get some Starbucks and it was very cold where they live in Kentucky. Floored it while it was still cold and the damned thing shifted at 3K! I repeated this a couple of times until it warmed up and it kept doing it. It was so weird to me, I was almost offerended. Sorry dad! Lol.
S2K+1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 08:34 PM   #14
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Okay, so I tried pulling out of 5th with rev match on, but this time moving the stick downwards towards 6th and then releasing it rather than pulling diagonally towards the center. No blip.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote