Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 08-24-2017, 06:06 AM   #1
formoutofchaos

Drives: Camaro 2017 1LE
Performance shop blues

I just can never seem to get the dealer to ins[ect my car when needed properly, usually dismissing things that have taken repeated trips to resolve. I went to a "recommended performance shop" in the Atlanta area * no not the big chevy expert ones but one the clubs like.

regarding inspecting my brakes, consisted of looking at them through the wheels and saying looks good. Repeatedly told me how he hates camaros and that they copied the chassis off bmw. Repeatedly told me How he hates my tires. He called the platform zeta! I was scratching my head 1 g of lateral grip? Bad tires? I was planning on slapping on the rock guards if they took off the wheels to inspect the brakes but no one in the shop could understand what rock guards are!@#$

I came in to get more camber on my alignment because I had none and I repeatedly said I dont want to leave and have the steering wheel off place because it was replaced it usually has to be aligned if you change the alignment. Now that the steering wheel is cocked off place I have to go back.

Still not sure what's worse the dealer or a shop like this!
formoutofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 08:27 AM   #2
FlashBang23

Drives: 2017 1LE
Not sure where you went but when I was down in Atlanta with my G8 several guys with G8s and CTS Vs seemed to really like Spartan LSX Performance. Maybe they're worth a shot? Talked to the owner a few times and was a really nice and seemingly knowledgeable guy.
Old 08-25-2017, 10:14 PM   #3
formoutofchaos

Drives: Camaro 2017 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashBang23 View Post
Not sure where you went but when I was down in Atlanta with my G8 several guys with G8s and CTS Vs seemed to really like Spartan LSX Performance. Maybe they're worth a shot? Talked to the owner a few times and was a really nice and seemingly knowledgeable guy.
ended up going to butler they did a great job fixing my camber needs and making sure my steering wheel was dialed in
formoutofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 12:03 PM   #4
SaphfireSS

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE SS
This is a very common occurrence. After my first alignment the steering center was off. It is very easily fixed with the alignment computer. It isn't a mechanical adjustment it is a computer adjustment. Take it back and tell them to re-zero the steering wheel. It's a 10 minute adjustment.
SaphfireSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 01:42 PM   #5
LibertyHill

Drives: 16 2SS 6MT NPP MRC / 15 K1300S
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaphfireSS View Post
This is a very common occurrence.
How does this happen? Aren't the steering wheel mechanically locked centered when toe adjustments are made?

Rohana RFX-5 10/11, M/T 275/305, Eibachs, Hellwigs, Hurst SS, DMS LT4 SC 596HP/589TQ, DMS Low-side, Kooks 2LTs, MBRP Race, Rotofab, MMS CC
LibertyHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 02:18 PM   #6
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
OP how do you manage to find all these garbage shops?? Lol.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 01:45 PM   #7
nate.the.great

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
OP how do you manage to find all these garbage shops?? Lol.
+1, it's like he's had his car worked on by every terrible shop out there. at some point you gotta think, what's the common denominator linking all these experiences..
nate.the.great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 11:18 PM   #8
meyouand987.2

Drives: 2011 Cayman R 2017 1LE
He needs to stop taking his car to the Ford dealers! Just kidding, but man, you have had a run of bad luck!
meyouand987.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 12:53 AM   #9
dotfiles
@SS_1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate.the.great View Post
+1, it's like he's had his car worked on by every terrible shop out there. at some point you gotta think, what's the common denominator linking all these experiences..
Old 09-03-2017, 10:54 AM   #10
SaphfireSS

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyHill View Post
How does this happen? Aren't the steering wheel mechanically locked centered when toe adjustments are made?
It is an electronically controlled gearbox. Something in the math changes when you make a certain adjustment and you have to make sure it is correct.
SaphfireSS is offline   Reply With Quote