Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 08-15-2017, 10:28 PM   #1
Eyefixstuff

Drives: 16’ 2SS A8 HBM Procharged
Got procharger kit today.. and installed today.

So this is going to be a solid review, but I'm going to add to it more tomorrow. I just wanted to get it started so I don't forget anything.

My kit was the P1 which I had originally ordered with a stage 2 IC and standard bypass valve. When I placed the order, there was a problem with the company that makes the IC cores and therefore procharger was backed up because of it. I was offered an upgrade to the race IC and race bypass valve. Although I was a little hesitant about this because there has to be some slight modifications to the car and the drivers side auxiliary radiator has to be removed. That said, I'm very confident in my work for installing it so I went ahead with it.

Opening the kit and making sure everything was there, I quickly realized as a long time mechanic and fabricator that this company is the real deal. The quality of the components is excellent and top notch. The full install took me about 6 hours start to finish. The modifications that needed to be done actually were easier than I thought. I wish I took more pictures but unfortunately I was going too fast I didn't want to stop. On first start up I was pleased not to hear any funny noises, see any leaks, and didn't see anything rubbing etc.

I only drove it home which was about 15 minutes, but my first impressions are very good. The Bypass valve is very loud and I LOVE it. The power feels great. You can see the big ass intercooler and red bypass valve sticking out of the front of it which is pretty cool. I'll get some more pictures tomorrow and will update this thread if anyone has any questions.

-Phil
Attached Images

Eyefixstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 10:52 PM   #2
Nito

Drives: 2016 1SS White MT
Are you planing on making a custom crash bar or you feel the big ass intercooler is enough protection lol ? I'm only asking because I had the same issue with the IC and ended getting the race one for free . Mine came in today as well.
2016 White 1SS with Port & Polish Heads and Cam by Texas Speed , Forged Drop in Pistons and Rods by Cunningham M , Procharger D1SC , Air to Air Race Intercooler, Race Valve , Helical Gears , Alky Meth Kit , Zl1 Low Side Pump , LT4 HPFP , V-Max Ported TB , MSD Atomic IM , ARH 1-7/8 Catless , Borla S Type Cat-Back . Work done by Lashway Motorsports 790RWHP-649RWTQ
Nito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 11:20 PM   #3
Swagger
DaWolfOfAllStreets

Drives: 17 C Coupe, 17 1LE, 16 Scion iA
Congrats, looking forward to more pics & info
Swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 12:01 AM   #4
Turbo_RORO

Drives: Camaro 17 SS
Congrats on the kit. Did you get the p1x? I love my super loud bypass valve. I'm going to stage II in my build. Replacing all of the steel piping with aluminum.
Turbo_RORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 05:37 AM   #5
sschons74

Drives: 16 Camaro 1SS & 82 Silverado C10
That's a beaut Clark! Thanks for the info & photos. I saw a brief tour of ProCharger's shop on Stacey David's Gearz. Their quality standards seem pretty high. My Dad has one on his 2010. I'd really like to do this someday. Maybe helical gear, & larger intercooler. Mine is DD right now.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:41 AM   #6
Eyefixstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nito View Post
Are you planing on making a custom crash bar or you feel the big ass intercooler is enough protection lol ? I'm only asking because I had the same issue with the IC and ended getting the race one for free . Mine came in today as well.
I may do something for the crash bar. Didn't have time yesterday but I was thinking of it and I don't think it would be too hard honestly.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:45 AM   #7
Eyefixstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_RORO View Post
Congrats on the kit. Did you get the p1x? I love my super loud bypass valve. I'm going to stage II in my build. Replacing all of the steel piping with aluminum.
Nope just a p1sc1. For my end power goal of ~600rwhp this head unit is more than enough. After I get some bigger tires, next will be meth injection and a custom tune by Jannetty. Hoping I can get there without doing the fuel pump and injector upgrades but we will see.
Old 08-16-2017, 07:15 AM   #8
Swagger
DaWolfOfAllStreets

Drives: 17 C Coupe, 17 1LE, 16 Scion iA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyefixstuff View Post
Nope just a p1sc1. For my end power goal of ~600rwhp this head unit is more than enough. After I get some bigger tires, next will be meth injection and a custom tune by Jannetty. Hoping I can get there without doing the fuel pump and injector upgrades but we will see.
I went with the D1X as I am looking for 700whp for my build with some room to grow later if I go with a fully bullt bottom end vs just drop in pistons.
Swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 08:05 AM   #9
Nito

Drives: 2016 1SS White MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyefixstuff View Post
I may do something for the crash bar. Didn't have time yesterday but I was thinking of it and I don't think it would be too hard honestly.
Thank you for the quick response. If you do please share it here . I drop off my car the 21st and would like to show my shop what you did. Good luck on your build .
2016 White 1SS with Port & Polish Heads and Cam by Texas Speed , Forged Drop in Pistons and Rods by Cunningham M , Procharger D1SC , Air to Air Race Intercooler, Race Valve , Helical Gears , Alky Meth Kit , Zl1 Low Side Pump , LT4 HPFP , V-Max Ported TB , MSD Atomic IM , ARH 1-7/8 Catless , Borla S Type Cat-Back . Work done by Lashway Motorsports 790RWHP-649RWTQ
Nito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 08:17 AM   #10
Eyefixstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nito View Post
Thank you for the quick response. If you do please share it here . I drop off my car the 21st and would like to show my shop what you did. Good luck on your build .
No problem! I'll definitely update you when I do it. I believe there is enough room there to do something along the lines of at least some sort of a strong bar, maybe like what you would see used for a strut tower brace, that kind of idea. Although I would like a balance of still being able to see the intercooler as much as possible too because it's beautiful. I almost wish there was an aftermarket lower grille to be able to see it more..

EDIT: after looking at it again, although it may help with a hard collision, it seems it would likely still hit the bypass valve because it's very large and sticks out the front rather than the side like the others.

Last edited by Eyefixstuff; 08-16-2017 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Added content.
Old 08-16-2017, 09:40 AM   #11
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Awesome, nice job on the install, let us know if we can be of assistance.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 09:58 AM   #12
hogwild87

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
Damn looks like you got the race intercooler I'm waiting on. I have the stage 2 now and procharger told me they were currently out of stock on the race intercoolers cuz like what you mentioned the company that makes them machine is down til the first of sept
hogwild87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 10:27 AM   #13
Eyefixstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Awesome, nice job on the install, let us know if we can be of assistance.
Thanks Ted. I'm doing some data logging. I'm sure I'll be contacting you soon.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:37 PM   #14
chrest

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
603hp/547tq
chrest is offline   Reply With Quote