Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 07-01-2017, 12:53 PM   #1
Tremek

Drives: 2012 CTS-V Wagon
Finding a 1LE in the Denver area

Hey guys, I want to drive a 1SS 1LE to get some perspective on these rad cars. It seems nearly impossible to use the Chevy site's inventory finder to look for one, and then when I get to the dealer sites themselves I also can't figure out from the car detail page.

I was going to ask if there was some magic tool online to do this but I see the thread below re: cars.com and it's mostly useless too. There's a dealer in Colorado Springs that for the past month has had an image up of a 1LE on top of a bog-standard 1SS and they know it but won't do anything about it. The salespeople I have spoken to over the past month have been useless as well.

Any local Denver folks have any suggestions? Would also be open to hearing which Chevy dealers locally don't (or do) suck. Thx -
Old 07-01-2017, 12:58 PM   #2
ckahsen

Drives: 2014 LS
Unfortunately, no magic tool. I was using autotrader, and car guru and filtering on only ss, with 6m, and going through them by hand to find the 1les. Car guru has a search option for the 1le package, but I found that dealers don't usually tag the car properly anyhow. It was tough, but ultimately I figured out a couple local dealers that routinely carried them, and had to work from the phone from there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
ckahsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 01:07 PM   #3
FoCoCamaro

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE (Krypton Green)
I used cargurus.com. Use the side search fields to check the 1SS option under TRIM then scroll down to OPTIONS then under that OPTION PACKAGES. Sadly a quick search only showed a handful within 500 miles and nothing in stock in Colorado. You can also try Cars.com and Autotrader.com.

Can tell you from personal experience that there weren't a lot to chose from in March when I was shopping. Had to order what I wanted. I called every singe dealer in Colorado as well as southern Wyoming. Most dealers (salesmen) were totally clueless about the 1LE. Numerous dealers said they had never even seen one or ordered on. Needless to say it was rather frustrating.

A couple things to consider... 2017 orders are already done and 2018 are just starting to trickle in. You can either try to find a leftover 2017 somewhere or wait for/order a 2018. If your willing to try to find a deal on a remaining 2017, there are a few large dealerships out of state that have some available. You'd just have to either buy sight unseen and have it shipped or fly in and drive back.

I can tell you this, I ordered without driving it and I regret only one thing....I should have ordered it sooner.

-Chris
FoCoCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 01:08 PM   #4
Tremek

Cool, appreciate the feedback. Good call re: cargurus, I'll try that now.

If there's a local Denverite with one I'd be happy to trade a spin in the V too.
Old 07-03-2017, 12:21 PM   #5
Yendor

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoCoCamaro View Post
I can tell you this, I ordered without driving it and I regret only one thing....I should have ordered it sooner.
This was my experience too. Bottom line, order what you want right away.
Old 07-03-2017, 12:26 PM   #6
Tremek

Glad to hear there's a bunch of happy owners in here. Now to find a buyer for my car or perhaps more preferably a dealer that wants to give a good trade value on the V. Would love to do a deal where I'm paying no tax.
Old 07-03-2017, 01:52 PM   #7
rootus

Drives: 2018 HBM SS 1LE
I've searched with cars.com and found them mostly through deduction -- filter for manual, 1SS, coupe, and pay attention to the MSRP because 1LEs will all be around 44.x or 46.x. There are very few 2017s left, especially in the western half of the country.

I made my decision to order based on a test drive of an automatic 2SS. Ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremek View Post
Glad to hear there's a bunch of happy owners in here. Now to find a buyer for my car or perhaps more preferably a dealer that wants to give a good trade value on the V. Would love to do a deal where I'm paying no tax.
Seems like a V-wagon is the holy grail, go advertise on Jalopnik LMAO
rootus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 03:44 PM   #8
sdmcss

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE, 1985 MCSS
I use Cars.com

Year: 2017 & 2018
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Trim: 1SS
Keyword: 1LE

This will filter all the other junk out. If you want PDR you will have to search each one from there...

Past/Current:
2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible, M6, Silver Ice Metallic, Inferno Orange Interior and Stripes - SOLD
2007 Monte Carlo SS, LS4, Summit White, Silver Rally Stripes - SOLD
2006 Impala SS, LS4, Black on Black - SOLD
1985 Monte Carlo SS
sdmcss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 01:37 PM   #9
Tremek

Can you guys direct me to the thread where you talk recent buying prices? I went back through the last 6 months of the order thread and only saw one quote of $39.5k + TTL. Interested to know realistic transactions and I'm not coming up with much on search. Thanks!
Old 07-04-2017, 04:39 PM   #10
high_climber

Drives: 2017 1LE Hyper Blue Metallic
Get on chevy.com and use live chat. That's how I found mine. They pulled up every hyper blue 1LE in the country on dealer lots
high_climber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 04:53 PM   #11
Tremek

Went to a local dealer today (Stevinson West) and drove their white 1LE. Great car!

Dealer was cordial but didn't want to sell a car today. First they stood on MSRP, then suggested supplier pricing, but didn't want to get anywhere near the $39-42k range I see folks commonly getting around here. On top of that they made an insulting offer on my Cadillac, so no deal. While I don't need to sell the V I also don't see much sense in hanging onto it as it's just a fun car, as would be the 1LE.

Any dealers lurking on here that want to figure something out or have someone that wants a 650hp wagon, if we can get within 5k on trade and the 1LE's sale price, I'm interested. Thanks!
Old 07-04-2017, 05:03 PM   #12
FoCoCamaro

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE (Krypton Green)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremek View Post
Went to a local dealer today (Stevinson West) and drove their white 1LE. Great car!

Dealer was cordial but didn't want to sell a car today. First they stood on MSRP, then suggested supplier pricing, but didn't want to get anywhere near the $39-42k range I see folks commonly getting around here. On top of that they made an insulting offer on my Cadillac, so no deal. While I don't need to sell the V I also don't see much sense in hanging onto it as it's just a fun car, as would be the 1LE.

Any dealers lurking on here that want to figure something out or have someone that wants a 650hp wagon, if we can get within 5k on trade and the 1LE's sale price, I'm interested. Thanks!
You have to remember that just because someone else got a certain deal in a different area doesn't mean that the same deal can be had locally. I found this out when shopping for mine.
FoCoCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 06:03 PM   #13
Tremek

Price is an opinion, and there's many reports on here of folks getting $5k+ below MSRP without any real hoop jumping. I'm in no rush to buy. If it happens at a great price, cool. If not, I'll continue to get thumbs up from the pony car guys when I walk them in the wagon.
Old 07-04-2017, 06:32 PM   #14
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
sell the v seperately, trades only muddy the waters.

I bought my 1LE from Auto Nation North...cuz it was the only one in Colorado. MSRP was 46.9, paid 41.7 +TTL (no trade in). but at the time their was $1500 loyalty, 1k if used gm finance and i had supplier code ( although they thought i was bullshitting them as my employer didn't qualify...they were gonna give it to me anyway, but i had friend code). i guess they got pretty much msrp...all the incentive they got back from GM...

i'm in canterberry crossings...if you want to check it out in HBM i can meet you at Costco or wherever, Legend high school..etc.

if you like the white, go back in two weeks, if it's still there, offer 5k below. i think incentives probably start again soon...but u never know.