Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-21-2017, 08:39 PM   #1
10camaro89

Drives: 2010 summit white 2lt rs package
2010 camaro 3.6l need help with timing alignment

I need help with the timing marks so from everything I've read it says to use the two triangle timing marks for right side and the two circle timing marks on left side. when I pulled motor apart it is lined up differently iys lined up with a triangle one side dot the other which doesnt seem right motor I have valve covers off and am in process of taking the chain cover off right now. I've also read though that with the cam locks on you want the two flats on cams facing up unless I'm miss understanding this part here are pictures of what I can see so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks Danny
Attached Images

10camaro89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 06:48 PM   #2
Dblock5

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Driver's side is LEFT, and passenger side is RIGHT. Left side is lined up with the circles and the right side is lined up with the triangles. It looks like your engine has been out of time for a while. I never went off of the flats of the cams, I just went off of the full diagram with all the chains on and everything lined up perfectly.
Old 02-22-2017, 07:45 PM   #3
10camaro89

Drives: 2010 summit white 2lt rs package
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dblock5 View Post
Driver's side is LEFT, and passenger side is RIGHT. Left side is lined up with the circles and the right side is lined up with the triangles. It looks like your engine has been out of time for a while. I never went off of the flats of the cams, I just went off of the full diagram with all the chains on and everything lined up perfectly.

So just like in the video on youtube called: gm timing replacement, hfv6 2007-2015, (cloyes 9-0753s) . Do you still have he diagrams by chance? The process seems pretty straight forward I just don't get why the cams are lined up where they are currently. Yes it has been out of time for awhile then had to park it and has been sitting for the the last 6 months in storage, got some nice weather around here and I've finally got around to tearing it down . do you think the chains could have jumped to where they are I find it weird that both side are lined up with one dot and triangle each
10camaro89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 06:23 PM   #4
Don2012

Drives: Non
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10camaro89 View Post
So just like in the video on youtube called: gm timing replacement, hfv6 2007-2015, (cloyes 9-0753s) . Do you still have he diagrams by chance? The process seems pretty straight forward I just don't get why the cams are lined up where they are currently. Yes it has been out of time for awhile then had to park it and has been sitting for the the last 6 months in storage, got some nice weather around here and I've finally got around to tearing it down . do you think the chains could have jumped to where they are I find it weird that both side are lined up with one dot and triangle each
it was a pain in the *** when i did the timing job on mine. make sure you change the oil soon after just to allow everything to break in. i found metal shavings at my first oil change after timing job could be related or not... and then it was done after 5k miles after doing timing.

Good Luck
Don2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 07:01 PM   #5
TrekGTO

Drives: 05 GTO / JETTA TDI
I have never done one without the timing fixtures, not that they make much sense either.
TrekGTO is offline   Reply With Quote