Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-20-2017, 04:59 PM   #1
Burly

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
NOWEEDS FOR THE 6TH GENERATION CAMARO 2.75"

The plan is to install switch and wiring this weekend and baseline dyno, install, dyno again on Wednesday.
Attached Images

Burly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 05:11 PM   #2
BowtieRocket

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS- M6
Saweet! Looking forward to your findings...
Old 01-20-2017, 05:18 PM   #3
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
curious....

So how do those diverters really work? and like QTP Cutouts, can you keep the valve partially open to however much you want? will the diverting design upset the flow and cause a change in backpressure and power? looking forward to what the dyno tells us
Old 01-22-2017, 10:17 AM   #4
Xsnydx

Drives: F1FTY 2SS M6
Are you doing the install yourself? I have a set coming in the next couple weeks and would appreciate the tutorial, if you're documenting it all. I'm especially looking for the where/how for the switches. Can't wait to see/hear your results!
Xsnydx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 10:40 AM   #5
Burly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsnydx View Post
Are you doing the install yourself? I have a set coming in the next couple weeks and would appreciate the tutorial, if you're documenting it all. I'm especially looking for the where/how for the switches. Can't wait to see/hear your results!
Yes, I'm doing it myself and documenting the install. Haven't decided on switch location yet, still experimenting.
Old 01-22-2017, 11:58 AM   #6
Xsnydx

Drives: F1FTY 2SS M6
Thanks for being the pioneer on this one!
Xsnydx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 04:41 PM   #7
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
get them pics in..
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 06:13 PM   #8
gdgraph

Can't wait to hear this set up
gdgraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 09:49 AM   #9
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Nice!!! Please keep us updated. I'll be following in your footsteps!!!
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 11:45 AM   #10
Burly

A new sinus cold, hot toddys, and football slowed progress yesterday. Hope to post some pics tonight.
Old 01-23-2017, 12:24 PM   #11
Burly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeDawn View Post
I'm having mine installed as we speak. The only problem is the EXHAUST Shop doesn't do the wire install! Does anyone know where I would connect the wire to? Would it be my Battery? What part? Sorry , I'm not savvy with this stuff.
I'm connecting to battery and you need to add fuse too which didn't come with kit.
I am probably mounting controller under dash not under seat.
Old 01-23-2017, 07:14 PM   #12
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Update: I got the NOWEEDS installed but the wires and other parts are sitting in my car because 3 different exhaust shops have turned me down because they're not comfortable installing the wires. How pathetic if you ask me...THREE SHOPS....

Is it possible to install the wires and everything else WITHOUT a jack stand or lift?

Please let me know because if this is possible, I'll try to do it myself! I ended up buying an INLINE 30 AMP FUSE just in case since the kit didn't come with a fuse. I wish I could find a place that would do everything but it seems everyone out here doesn't want to do it.
I don't think it is possible to do, if you were local pizza would be what I'd charge. Surely a bro can hook you up, literally.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 08:28 PM   #13
thescout6

Drives: 16 2SS
Quote:
Update: I got the NOWEEDS installed but the wires and other parts are sitting in my car because 3 different exhaust shops have turned me down because they're not comfortable installing the wires. How pathetic if you ask me...THREE SHOPS....

Is it possible to install the wires and everything else WITHOUT a jack stand or lift?

Please let me know because if this is possible, I'll try to do it myself! I ended up buying an INLINE 30 AMP FUSE just in case since the kit didn't come with a fuse. I wish I could find a place that would do everything but it seems everyone out here doesn't want to do it.

Find a speed shop or a radio shop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thescout6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 07:09 AM   #14
gdgraph

Sounds like those shops are only comfortable with doing the pipe work (cutting, welding, pipe bending ect) but it's still strange you can't find any shop that can run a wire.

I'd just do it myself. It would be worth the investment to buy a jack and jack-stands, you can probably order a set for under $100 or get a used one off of ebay for under $50 and it won't be the only time it'll come in handy.

Quote:

gdgraph is offline   Reply With Quote