Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-05-2016, 10:16 PM   #1
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Miss my car...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=474110

It's a nice car, was fun to drive...

Old 12-06-2016, 06:15 AM   #2
Woo
O’Dark30

Drives: 2016 SS Black Panther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=474110

It's a nice car, was fun to drive...

Dude, what happened to your car. Did you just tuck it away or???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-06-2016, 06:33 AM   #3
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
dude wtf u doing?
you traded in?
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 07:40 AM   #4
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
Read the thread, dude. Really would be nice to reach a conclusion, but sounds like you're giving up on it? Did the rear shock replacement happen? Make any difference at all? Sucks that you're gonna give up on a car you like just because of a suspension mod. Take the BMR stuff off and sell it. You can recoup some of your $$, and go back to stock.
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 07:47 AM   #5
Woo
O’Dark30

Drives: 2016 SS Black Panther
Oh ok, yea I get the same result with my BMR 1.4 in drop. I feel like I'm in a low rider that has Allen Iverson handles haha but yea it does bother me a bit. I don't drive it daily so I can deal with it every now and then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-06-2016, 08:39 AM   #6
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Know you dropped a little money on the suspension changes; but if you don't like it, change it back. Years ago I swapped out the exhaust on the Silverado I had at the time; hated the drone so less then a month after installing it I swapped for another system ... in the end it cost me double, but it was worth it ... you need to be able to enjoy the ride
Old 12-06-2016, 08:49 AM   #7
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
what were you trying to do? could just put on some lowering springs and call it good.
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 11:08 AM   #8
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Mr. Tracy, that really sucks. I thoroughly enjoy the Hotchkis set and have not had any of the issues you're calling out... especially the 'bouncy' part. It just seems like your bushings weren't timed properly... seems the bushings are loaded all the time and that will give you a bounciness when going through bumps.

I feel partially responsible for recommending the set to you... but man I just don't know how you could say that the set made your ride feel worse unless something went wrong, or more precisely - didn't happen (bushings).
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 11:35 AM   #9
Spec
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
Mr. Tracy, that really sucks. I thoroughly enjoy the Hotchkis set and have not had any of the issues you're calling out... especially the 'bouncy' part. It just seems like your bushings weren't timed properly... seems the bushings are loaded all the time and that will give you a bounciness when going through bumps.

I feel partially responsible for recommending the set to you... but man I just don't know how you could say that the set made your ride feel worse unless something went wrong, or more precisely - didn't happen (bushings).
Just read the rest of the other thread... man, hope fixing the shocks works. No idea what else it could be. Good luck man, I mean it... hopefully you get this worked out.
Old 12-06-2016, 12:21 PM   #10
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olddudesrule View Post
Read the thread, dude. Really would be nice to reach a conclusion, but sounds like you're giving up on it? Did the rear shock replacement happen? Make any difference at all? Sucks that you're gonna give up on a car you like just because of a suspension mod. Take the BMR stuff off and sell it. You can recoup some of your $$, and go back to stock.
In what I read, el Duderino is only using our EndLinks!

But, I think there there is something wrong with the Install.

Dude, are you getting a Vette?
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 12:51 PM   #11
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
In what I read, el Duderino is only using our EndLinks!

But, I think there there is something wrong with the Install.

Dude, are you getting a Vette?
No, not getting a Vette! Drove a C6 and it is really not suited for a DD, at least for me.

It has to be the install... or possibly ruined rear shocks. But the key to me is the rear didn't drop as much as it should have and to quote the owner of the shop; "It feels like there are NO rear struts at all".

The problem is the handling, it seriously sucks so much now I don't enjoy driving it. It never was a rock star in the handling department, but it was at least fun to drive.

I feared if I just did springs, I would get degraded handling. So I added the chassis brace, sway bars and end-links.

So I spent $1200 on parts, $1000 on install and it drives like shit. I could spend another $1000 and have them return it to factory, or they might give me a discount and maybe I could sell the kit??? But I'd still be out $2500 without anything to show for it.

So.... maybe try to figure out what's wrong so I can be happy again.

They have timed the suspension three times now and I do trust the shop. I have been going there for a long time and know most of the guys.

Hopefully the new struts will fix everything... But I still feel something was missed somewhere...
Old 12-06-2016, 01:10 PM   #12
flipstyledsm22
Let's go fishing!

Drives: a car with 8 cylinders
I think it's time to start looking at a 1LE or ZL1

flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 02:18 PM   #13
Spec
Account Suspended

Wow, this guy is describing day and night difference between my experience and his with the same parts. Handling has only improved drastically since I installed the Hotchkis set. What a mystery...
Old 12-06-2016, 02:35 PM   #14
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
Wow, this guy is describing day and night difference between my experience and his with the same parts. Handling has only improved drastically since I installed the Hotchkis set. What a mystery...
How many miles on yours? Do you have stock exhaust? I lost about 30 lbs in the rear with the MRT.

There are three settings on the Hotchkis rear sway-bar. What is yours at?

I know... At this point I would settle for something that doesn't feel like it's bouncing all over the road!