Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-25-2016, 09:09 AM   #1
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Exclamation Roto-fab CAI claims

This thread is not intended to create an argument. However I have been accused of dishonesty a few times, and I would like to clear the air.

Here are some of my recent claims that are in question. Feel free to fact check:

The Roto-fab CAI is #1 in horsepower gained in 3rd party dyno tests.

The Roto-fab CAI seals out heat more effectively than any metal air box design available.

The Roto-fab CAI is backed up by more 3rd party testing and data logging

The "CAI whistle noise" was caused or enhanced by a competing CAI, the Roto-fab does not have this whistle problem.

Some aftermarket systems are causing CELs for various reasons. In over 100 air intake configurations and 14,000 miles, the Roto-fab CAI has not set a code once!

Again, I do not want to start an argument here. But I have never been dishonest to the Camaro6 community. We will continue to do our best for our customers and forum friends. Thanks for your continued support.

Michael

Last edited by Roto-fab 1; 10-25-2016 at 09:19 AM.
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 10:16 AM   #2
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Personally I don't believe any company that jumps into a thread, starts attacking another company directly and throwing around the "OEM" term like it's some holy grail to be trusted. At no time did you guys mention any specific competitor. So it's not like you guys did something to cause this. My guess they have seen sales essentially stop on their unit and lashed out. I have no dog in this fight since I'm not really in the market for an intake yet. But based on the last few days, I would chose you guys hands down because I trust TSloper's knowledge and opinion. And because you guys haven't resorted to the pure juvenile tactics of one of your competitors.

keep up the good work!

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 10:51 AM   #3
Hyper1SS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 NPP
Michael I would not worry about this. You have answered all questions and have released information and numbers that the other companies choose not to. The whistle issue was caused by them not you not doing their homework and rushing a cold air intake to market to get there before Roto-Fab. They are also upset because Tim (TSloper) has tried to get information from them also and a CAI to test to put things to rest and they choose not to do either so they are hiding and do not want customers or this forum to see what their cold air intake is really producing. The 3rd party testing will prove they lied about the numbers. I am sure they are also upset because sales were doing good till the whistle started and than Roto-Fab released their cold air intake and cut into their sales! Keep up the good work and customer service. We stand behind you and Roto-Fab for being up front with the numbers and great quality, fitment and looks. Thank you

2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 1SS M6 with body color hood vents, Silver broken 5 spoke wheels, NPP dual exhaust, Dark Night Interior Spectrum Lighting, Illuminated door sills plates.

Upgrades include: Roto-Fab intake, Mishimoto catch can, MBRP cat-back Race exhaust, TSP 1 7/8 headers, EFI E85 Flex Fuel, MRR M017 graphite wheels with Nitto N555 G2 tires, Goodridge stainless steel brake lines, Powder coated Brembo calipers, BMR suspension, Eibach sport springs, Emblempros fender badges

Order ID: TDHQMS
1100 on 01/07/2016 at Penske Chevrolet
6000 on 02/23/2016 Delivered to customer
Hyper1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 11:35 PM   #4
Roto-fab 1

This information can be found in another thread, but I feel it is important that everyone knows the qualities that put Roto-fab ahead of the pack:

The Roto-fab CAI has some great qualities. We package a huge filter into an air box that was custom fabricated to fit the 2016 Camaro with precision. All of our tooling was designed in-house, and every feature was relentlessly refined until we were satisfied with the performance, appearance, quality, and fitment of the system. We spent 8 months and thousands of hours making this system the best CAI available for the 2016 Camaro SS.

Aside from the benefits that can be observed visually, many hours, days, and months went into the fine-tuning of our mass air flow sensor housing. We mechanically tuned this system to perform great with the stock Camaro calibration, or with an ECM tune! JDP Motorsports tested this intake on an otherwise stock Camaro SS, and gained 12 HP, + 13 ft/lb tq. Which, to my knowledge, is the highest HP gain of a 2016 Camaro CAI verified by a 3rd party.

Our CAI is a high quality system that looks good, performs great, and fits your car with precision. And it installs with ease, with the help of our full-page instruction booklet with colored illustrations.

Below are some pictures of our system, and a dyno sheet.

Roto-fab CAI, dry filter, sound tube delete system, red logo

Roto-fab CAI, oiled filter, sound tube acommodation, etched logo

Dyno sheet, Roto-fab CAI vs. stock intake system. Roto-fab gains 12 HP and 13 ft/lb!

Components of the Roto-fab CAI, many of which are hand crafted at our shop! All the way down to plastic trimming and final cleaning.

As I have time, I will post reviews of our 2016 CAI as well as some of our other offerings. I hope this was helpful. Thanks for your interest, and I would be glad to assist further if you have any questions.

Michael
Old 10-27-2016, 12:45 AM   #5
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Fit is excellent

Very high quality

No codes

It sure didn't slow me down.

I'd buy it again
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 01:19 AM   #6
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
I've owned CAI's from several manufacturers. There are many great choices. Rotofab and CAI Inc have never let me down. I won't bash either of them. I have CAI this time around and had Rotofab on my 15. I plan on flex fuel, ported intake, and dyno tune at the end of November with a very reputable tuner in the Tampa area. I'll share my results, good or bad. I expect great results.
Old 10-27-2016, 04:57 AM   #7
PRAY

Drives: 2016 2SS
I finally got mine yesterday. I really like it. I have been building CAI's for quite some time for friends so I understand the woes of a MAF Card and getting it right. It looks like a great system. I like how you put the "flow straightener" around the MAF. I will do what I can to get on the Dyno on Saturday morning for more independent testing. The CAI won't go on till then so it will be apples to apples like my Int/TB testing.
Old 10-27-2016, 10:11 AM   #8
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY View Post
I finally got mine yesterday. I really like it. I have been building CAI's for quite some time for friends so I understand the woes of a MAF Card and getting it right. It looks like a great system. I like how you put the "flow straightener" around the MAF. I will do what I can to get on the Dyno on Saturday morning for more independent testing. The CAI won't go on till then so it will be apples to apples like my Int/TB testing.
That's awesome! We put alot of time into that MAF housing, having tested more than 100 configurations in over 14,000 miles on our car! I'm glad you like the system.

Thanks for choosing Roto-fab!

Michael
Old 10-27-2016, 10:23 AM   #9
Expunge

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6, '99 Tahoe 2Dr Sport
I love my RotoFab in my Gen5 ZL1, and when I eventually upgrade to a Gen6 ZL1, a RotoFab will be one of the first upgrades.
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:58 AM   #10
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdasnt3 View Post
I've owned CAI's from several manufacturers. There are many great choices. Rotofab and CAI Inc have never let me down. I won't bash either of them. I have CAI this time around and had Rotofab on my 15. I plan on flex fuel, ported intake, and dyno tune at the end of November with a very reputable tuner in the Tampa area. I'll share my results, good or bad. I expect great results.
I'm glad you enjoyed your Roto-fab CAI. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with different manufacturers! Do you happen to have a picture of the Roto-fab on your 2015?

Thanks again for sharing,
Michael
Old 10-27-2016, 11:18 AM   #11
thundercrakcer

Drives: Summit White 2SS, M6
sigh

This entire air intake "feud" is like siblings fighting, I've been reading these cold air intake posts on the forums and it's no longer a font of knowledge. It's a joke. I read the forums now to get a laugh. Hell for all I know this "intake" only requires a dyno chart to get into the fray as well.
Attached Images

Old 10-27-2016, 11:54 AM   #12
PRAY

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundercrakcer View Post
This entire air intake "feud" is like siblings fighting, I've been reading these cold air intake posts on the forums and it's no longer a font of knowledge. It's a joke. I read the forums now to get a laugh. Hell for all I know this "intake" only requires a dyno chart to get into the fray as well.
I will have hard logged data and dyno numbers on mine on Saturday morning. That will either add credence or fuel to the fire if I read your post correctly. I hope it adds some legitimacy to the threads you are referring to.

BTW: I like your "intake".
Old 10-27-2016, 12:04 PM   #13
Stefano

Drives: 6th Gen NicKey Camaro & others.
I have used and tested many systems over the years. My go to CAI for Camaros and NicKey customers is Roto-fab. Not only is it a tremendous product, but they also have fantastic customer service. Our personal 5th gens feature them as does our personal 6th Gen.

Job well done guys and gals.
Attached Images

Stefano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 12:25 PM   #14
Ecchi667

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, 6spd M
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY View Post
I will have hard logged data and dyno numbers on mine on Saturday morning. That will either add credence or fuel to the fire if I read your post correctly. I hope it adds some legitimacy to the threads you are referring to.

BTW: I like your "intake".
That's actually BlackbeastSS2's intake. He was rather unfairly attacked for posting it, too.

I'm interested in seeing your results! You're only a state up from me so if things look good I might be getting in touch for some of that fine porting work!

Enjoy!
Ecchi667 is offline   Reply With Quote