Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-04-2016, 01:12 AM   #1
Texicans73

Drives: N/A
LT 1LE worth the effort?

General question: Is the v6 1LE going to be anyone's interest? All the threads seem to be focused on the V8 SS model . I am inclined to go the v6 route . Is the SS suspension worth the yet to be known price?

Or would you just go after market to make a v6 into the handler that you crave?

Thanks - John
Texicans73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 09:24 AM   #2
Buzzberd6

Drives: 2LT/1LE, HPCRX, F250(tow vehicle)
The V6 1LE version is exactly what I am waiting on. I have been debating the advantages of whether the 1LE version would be worth waiting on but (for obvious reasons) I really won't know until they release the price.

I also considered looking into the aftermarket route as you mention but since the V6 1LE comes with the SS' FE3 suspension, there are several additional components involved with that package (cradle mounts, ball joint toe links, etc.) that would definitely add up.

I think it'll behoove me to just wait it out and see where they price it, then make my decision. I need to wait anyway, wife says I have to get rid of a few race cars first!

Oh yeah, FIRST POST!
Buzzberd6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 10:08 AM   #3
JEllis

Drives: BMW M3
Personally, I would be more interested if the 1LT 1LE came with the 1SS 1LE suspension, wheels/tires. But, I think its worth waiting to see what the final package is and how it compares to standard V6.

Last edited by JEllis; 07-04-2016 at 06:46 PM.
JEllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 06:42 PM   #4
thebiglubinsky

Drives: Infiniti G37S
I'd be surprised if they sell more than a dozen LT 1LE's. If your going to drop the extra money, just get a 1SS, same suspension, way better engine.
thebiglubinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 07:37 PM   #5
Rich J

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Manual
V6 1LE has the same appeal as other LTs. Less expensive to buy, run, insure, etc. And it might out do the V8 in fast transitions and braking. I'm considering both.
Rich J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 07:45 PM   #6
RAMTechRob

Drives: 2016 Camaro White 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebiglubinsky View Post
I'd be surprised if they sell more than a dozen LT 1LE's. If your going to drop the extra money, just get a 1SS, same suspension, way better engine.

I bet they sell really well. A lot of V6 owners like the mileage for a DD, but want better handling.
RAMTechRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 08:12 PM   #7
fighting irish
The Doctor is in

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Nightfall MRC NPP
I wouldn't be surprised if a V6 1LE is about as fast around a road course as a Mustang GT with performance pack. With significantly reduced running costs compared with a V8, it would be a great all around performer.

My 2SS is only averaging 19mpg after 3500 miles with mainly conservative driving and 4 autocross days. I would imagine the V6 would be closer to 24ish in the same environment, and in regular unleaded to boot. The V6 is a great engine, so it is nice to see GM doesnt want to handicap it.
fighting irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 09:54 PM   #8
Joey Syracuse

Drives: M Coupe, 02 Daytona CE
I think the LT 1LE will the the hot set up. The ride will be everyday liveable yet with a lighter V6 than the V8 it may have a better front to rear weight ratio and feel more balanced on the road courses. I'm looking forward to its arrival.
Joey Syracuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 10:24 PM   #9
Cirrus

Drives: MINI and Ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebiglubinsky View Post
That's what I'm wondering. It better be a relatively cheap option to make sense.

If you can get it with the RS package to get some of the SS lighting, the 1LE at maybe $3,000 (??) would be nearly $33,000 total in 1LT trim. Another $4,000 would be tempting to just get the 1SS.

But then again there's some extra goodies in there like forged wheels, short shifter, suede bits and the option to get Recaros.
Cirrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 11:23 PM   #10
JEllis

Drives: BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
That's what I'm wondering. It better be a relatively cheap option to make sense.

If you can get it with the RS package to get some of the SS lighting, the 1LE at maybe $3,000 (??) would be nearly $33,000 total in 1LT trim. Another $4,000 would be tempting to just get the 1SS.

But then again there's some extra goodies in there like forged wheels, short shifter, suede bits and the option to get Recaros.

Edit: I see what you meant. I didn't read close enough. Yeah $33K does get you pretty close to the 1SS. That could really hurt V6 1LE sales.

INSTAGRAM: jellismotors
JEllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 06:40 AM   #11
Rich J

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Manual
The V6 1LE can also be paired with better interior options than the V8, like the upper level stereo, NAV, etc.
Rich J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 07:57 AM   #12
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
I think if dealers are smart they will have at least a 1LT 1LE on their lots. I think it has the potential to sell quite well. I think the 2LT 1LE might end up being one of the rarest spec'd camaro's. I doubt you will see many on the road since I bet it will be all over the price range of a base 1SS.
Old 07-05-2016, 08:01 AM   #13
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzberd6 View Post
The V6 1LE version is exactly what I am waiting on. I have been debating the advantages of whether the 1LE version would be worth waiting on but (for obvious reasons) I really won't know until they release the price.

I also considered looking into the aftermarket route as you mention but since the V6 1LE comes with the SS' FE3 suspension, there are several additional components involved with that package (cradle mounts, ball joint toe links, etc.) that would definitely add up.

I think it'll behoove me to just wait it out and see where they price it, then make my decision. I need to wait anyway, wife says I have to get rid of a few race cars first!

Oh yeah, FIRST POST!
Welcome to the site.

I would love to have one of these in a few years. This would make the ultimate affordable daily driver/weekend track car. Can't wait to see one in Hyper Blue. It would be nice if you could get one with the silver aluminum wheels and rally stripes, an easy mod to be done though. Can't wait to see comparisons, Motor Trend seems to be in love with the 2017 BRZ update. I'm sure this car would leave it in the dust.
Old 07-05-2016, 09:09 AM   #14
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
I came from a GTO to the V6 Camaro and the biggest thing has been the MPG improvement. I got at best 15 mixed with the GTO. Now, Im getting 22-24 on top of using regular fuel.

Then, throw in the suspension feel of the SS with summer tires?!?! The V6 1LE is going to be a seriously fun car to drive. People will be surprised by it.

As much as I want the SS 1LE, if they price it as high as Im fearing then I'll be looking at a used Corvette or the V6 1LE.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote