Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 04-27-2016, 12:10 PM   #1
442DMND

Drives: 2017 SS/1LE
My dealer told me I will have a 2017 Camaro within 8 weeks

Long time lurker here, just created an account to ask this I hope Becky could help me with this issue.

I went to dealer to order a 2016 manual 2SS last Thursday and got a call Monday from the dealer saying they've stopped production for the 2016 models and it will be a 2017 model. He did assure me I will take delivery of the car in the same time frame if it was a 2016 (so within 2 months or so). Can someone tell me how reliable this information is?

Will the fact that it will be a 2017 delay delivery and if so, around when should I expect delivery?

I appreciate any help, my order number is TJTSNJ just in case.
442DMND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 12:15 PM   #2
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
...Preliminary schedules show
1st production week of 6/6

Becky
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 12:20 PM   #3
442DMND

Thank you so much! I was under the impression 2017 models will not be delivered until after September
Old 04-27-2016, 12:43 PM   #4
mjw930

Drives: 2015 Porsche BGTS, 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 442DMND View Post
Thank you so much! I was under the impression 2017 models will not be delivered until after September
Figure backlog of orders will be serviced in the first build cycle coupled with a typical QC hold on the first batch of 2017's plus shipping and it's possible some people will have 2017's show up late July assuming the 6/6 production start date is maintained.

My entirely uneducated guess would be a 2017 ordered today would probably show up at your dealer in early August.
mjw930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 12:57 PM   #5
Netslave
GM paint evaluation dept

Drives: Too many to list
Quote:
Long time lurker here, just created an account to ask this I hope Becky could help me with this issue.

I went to dealer to order a 2016 manual 2SS last Thursday and got a call Monday from the dealer saying they've stopped production for the 2016 models and it will be a 2017 model. He did assure me I will take delivery of the car in the same time frame if it was a 2016 (so within 2 months or so). Can someone tell me how reliable this information is?

Will the fact that it will be a 2017 delay delivery and if so, around when should I expect delivery?

I appreciate any help, my order number is TJTSNJ just in case.
110% bullshi*

- A GM factory custom orange and mosaic black striped 2016 SS 2SS
- U̶n̶o̶f̶f̶i̶c̶i̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ Officially the worst Mosaic Black paint on a 2016 Camaro SS 2SS

See him here -

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...3M&usp=sharing
Netslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 01:54 PM   #6
greg72982

Drives: Black 2017 2SS
Quote:

I read that too on here and on Monday on basically an impulse I called the salesman I was dealing with asking if it was too late to order a 2016 (We already had built a 2016 but I wanted to wait for a 2017 and we agreed on a price). I told him I decided I'd rather have the car sooner and that the newer year wasn't a big deal to me anymore. He said it was too late.

I told him I saw on here it may not be until late August or September at the earliest until I get the car which would blow the summer more or less. He told me that wasn't the case and that I'd have it earlier but I'm skeptical based on some of the info on here.
greg72982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 03:08 PM   #7
Netslave
GM paint evaluation dept

8 weeks from the beginning of production would be the last week of July. Expect a one week min QC hold for those cars then add travel time to you. The majority of car dealers are scumbags and liars, not all but a large portion. Most would tell you anything to get a sale. Also the wild card in all this is the unknown of parts availability of things from Asia and how that will play out by the time cars start being built. My info comes straight from management at GM btw. They were trying to put us off and wait for a 2017 replacement car. We were told we could have our car by the middle of Aug and that was if they expedited it.

- U̶n̶o̶f̶f̶i̶c̶i̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ Officially the worst Mosaic Black paint on a 2016 Camaro SS 2SS

See him here -

Old 04-27-2016, 05:52 PM   #8
442DMND

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netslave View Post
8 weeks from the beginning of production would be the last week of July. Expect a one week min QC hold for those cars then add travel time to you. The majority of car dealers are scumbags and liars, not all but a large portion. Most would tell you anything to get a sale. Also the wild card in all this is the unknown of parts availability of things from Asia and how that will play out by the time cars start being built. My info comes straight from management at GM btw. They were trying to put us off and wait for a 2017 replacement car. We were told we could have our car by the middle of Aug and that was if they expedited it.
The 8 weeks was not from production date but the actual order date (this Monday). I just don't know whether to wait or try to locate
Old 04-27-2016, 05:54 PM   #9
thescreensavers

Drives: SW 1SS 1LE / Jeep XJ
Is that in writing anywhere? I bet not
thescreensavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 02:11 AM   #10
Netslave
GM paint evaluation dept

Quote:
The 8 weeks was not from production date but the actual order date (this Monday). I just don't know whether to wait or try to locate
That makes it even more laughable. I have no dog in the fight, just passing along factual info we have received.

And for what's it's worth I have not seen anyone say a bad thing about their experience with BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet. My .02 is if my local dealer was feeding me a line of BS I would be contacting someone else for sure. The consensus seems to be she is the go to person for orders and a BS free shopping experience. Might be worth reaching out to her and seeing what your REAL options are. Best of luck.

See him here -

Old 04-28-2016, 06:37 AM   #11
Lucely Engineered

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
GM shutdown is the first week in July, usually that is when tooling switches over for the next model year. So don't expect your car to even be built until later in July.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:31 PM   #12
442DMND

I appreciate everyone's feedback. I guess it might be worth waiting the extra month for a new model year (don't really mind the $500 price increase much). At least it will be the exact car I want.

You guys are awesome!
Old 04-28-2016, 04:10 PM   #13
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Getting exactly what I want is one reason I tend toward SRE (customer) Orders and with the June 6 start date Becky just posted I would expect early builds to be dealer delivered by mid July.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 10:28 PM   #14
BadBillyJack

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
Good luck, I'm now 11 weeks into my order and car still hasn't showed up at the dealership. It's been built since 4/8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20171LE View Post
The fact remains, the Camaro designers have another fail in not transferring the clothes hanger from the ATS to the Camaro.
I, and every other Camaro owner that hangs clothes in their cars, need a solution.
BadBillyJack is offline   Reply With Quote