Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-21-2016, 05:10 PM   #1
hmark100

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS V6
2011 Camaro RS V6 Flywheel, Pressure plate, and clutch.

I took my camaro in to the dealership because I heard a noise when I pressed my clutch all the way in. They had it for a few weeks, and where saying that they where going to drop the oil pan to see if there was metal in the pan. Well there wasnt , so they moved on to the transmission. And they said that my clutch was worn out and needed to be replaced and it will come out of my pocket. They replaced alot of parts, that didnt need to be replaced, since my car only has 38,000 miles. So I asked for all the parts that they replaced since I payed for them, and it didnt fix my problem. So I have all these extra parts that are sitting around, and my cousin said that all my parts still look really good, and for me to sell them, so that is what i am doing today. Here is the parts that i got for sell. So if you guys are interested, But the clutch has wear on it.

Plate Kit
Flywheel
Cylinder
Throw out Bearing
And a Bunch of bolts that they replaced.
hmark100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 07:42 PM   #2
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Your not very good at this are you ? There is a for sale section just for this sort of thing . Also you might want to mention how much you would like to get for the parts your selling . Oh ya you might want to post some pictures of said parts so people can actually see that they are in good shape .
Old 04-22-2016, 12:35 AM   #3
hmark100

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS V6
Yea I am new to this, and thanks for the info.
hmark100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 01:34 AM   #4
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Since it didn't fix your problem, I hope you didn't pay.
Old 04-22-2016, 02:58 PM   #5
MCSarge
USMC 1980-1990

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Anytime you replace a clutch there are a few parts that you always change just because it's such a time consuming chore to pull the trans. I always replace the pilot bearing, the clutch disc, pressure plate and slave cylinder. Just good insurance and prevention from future issues.

But, as stated if they did all that and it didn't fix the problem I would be a little ticked.... And unless you were doing full throttle hole shots or riding around with your foot on the clutch they shouldn't have had to replace the flywheel on a car with 38,000 miles. I had 154,000 on my S10 when I did the clutch and I just roughed up the existing flywheel with a 320 grit wheel and put the new parts in. I works like brand new.
Old 04-22-2016, 03:14 PM   #6
PROZ11

Drives: 2012 RS/2SS, 69 ProStreet Camaro
I would say no matter the condition of them, it's going to be tough to sell used clutch parts. It can't hurt to try. I wouldn't expect to get much for them if they do sell.

Old 04-22-2016, 03:22 PM   #7
HPerformance

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS
Mine does it too... But my clutch feels fine...

2011 Cadillac Escalade- Black on Tan- 20% Tint, Full WeatherTech,6.2L

2016 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT- Black on Black-

I like Black Cars.
HPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote