Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-29-2016, 05:19 AM   #1
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
2016 Camaro Recall - seatbelt warning

just thought I'd post this for you guys incase it wasn't already. I came across this article stating that the 2016 Silverado, GMC Sierra, as well as Camaro and Malibu are being recalled due to an audio alert issue with the radio. Here is the link for you guys to read.

Quote:
GM is recalling certain 2016 Chevrolet Silverado and 2016 GMC Sierra trucks over concerns of a faulty audio warning system.

Radios in effected vehicles may intermittently fail to provide an audio warning when the key has been left in the ignition and the door is opened, or when the driver does not fasten the seat belt, which leads to safety concerns in the event of a crash.

The recalls also effects 2016 Chevrolet Camaro and 2016 Malibu. The effected vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) number 114, “Theft Protection,” and/or 208, “Occupant Crash Protection.”

GM will notify owners. Dealers will update radio software, free of charge. GM has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020, or GMC customer service at 1-800-462-8782. GM’s recall number for this recall is 15808.

Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153) or visit www.safercar.gov and refer to NHTSA campaign number 16V084000.
[/url]
It's basically saying that the noise you hear when say your seatbelt isn't on might stop working. I'm sure there are some that hope that is the case lol
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 05:48 AM   #2
IntricateDetail

Drives: '12 Corvette GS / '13 Equinox
Yea, pretty sure that's a recall most WON'T take their car in to get fixed.

'22 Camaro ZL1 | A10 | Carbon Everything
'22 Kia Stinger GT2 RWD - Bone stock
'19 Kia Sorento - Wifemobile

~ Previous Cars ~

'12 Corvette Grand Sport
'12 Infiniti G37xS Sedan - Takeda CAI, FI RHFC + FI resonated cat-back, Hotchkis F+R Sways, SSR GTV03 (18x9.5 +45 squared), Toyo Proxes T1 Sports, Tanabe Lowering Springs, Full Akebono BBK upgrade F+R, StopTech Rotors/Pads/SS Brake Lines, Takeda FTSB, (300AWHP / 251TQ)
IntricateDetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 06:27 AM   #3
armoredslayer

Drives: 2016 Black Camaro 2SS
Doesn't sound like that big of a deal but thanks for the heads up. I never brought my 2011 in for the key swap deal and my car wasn't included in the other recalls. Sounds like its a simple fix 2 anyways.
Old 02-29-2016, 07:18 AM   #4
osubuckeye

Drives: 2016 2LT Gamet Red Tintcoat
Thanks for the information. Since I live within 2 blocks of my Chevy dealership and I'm retired I will take mine back so they can update the radio software.
osubuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:07 AM   #5
My87z28

Drives: 1987 Z28, 385cid, '16 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntricateDetail View Post
Yea, pretty sure that's a recall most WON'T take their car in to get fixed.

Not getting this fixed due to it being insignificant is understandable but if it's due to you not wearing your seatbelt, as a career firefighter/paramedic, I implore you to please wear your seatbelt. Unless you do my job or are a law enforcement officer, yes I have seen hundreds more accidents than you have. Since it's my job to respond and care for those in car accidents I first hand have seen the exact effects of wearing seatbelts vs not wearing seatbelts. I have never seen anyone wearing a seatbelt dead due to a 35mph impact, however I have seen people dead from a 35mph impact that were not wearing their seatbelt. I have seen 350lb men who were the driver lying in the rear seat floor board due to being thrown around by as little as a 40mph impact. I have seen dead children in car seats because their parent wasn't wearing a seatbelt and hit them while bouncing around inside of the car. I have seen dozens of people killed because they were not wearing their seatbelt, I have seen dozens of people saved in crazy accidents because they were wearing their seatbelts (and because of SRS systems). However, in all my time doing this job I have only ever seen a seatbelt take one person's life. That was because the release mechanism jammed on impact and the car caught on fire. This person didn't die due to burns, they died due to smoke inhilation.

Please, if not for yourself, for your loved ones, wear your seatbelt.
My87z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:09 AM   #6
bybcous

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS
I think everyone wears there seatbelt, just common sense. I will do this when they release the android auto.
Best so far 11.5 at 123 with a 1.83 60ft. BMR lower and upper trailing arms and upper control arms,E85
DELIVERED 12/29/15
http://youtube.com/bybcous " no talking only racing on my youtube"
bybcous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:13 AM   #7
Waiting46

Drives: 1981 silver corvette,Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bybcous View Post
I think everyone wears there seatbelt, just common sense. I will do this when they release the android auto.
I wish I lived in a world as optimistic as yours...
Waiting46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:44 AM   #8
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by armoredslayer View Post
Doesn't sound like that big of a deal but thanks for the heads up. I never brought my 2011 in for the key swap deal and my car wasn't included in the other recalls. Sounds like its a simple fix 2 anyways.

I continue to get cards in the mail about the key recall.
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 09:31 AM   #9
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
I'm a big fan of Darwin getting his way.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 09:36 AM   #10
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by My87z28 View Post
Not getting this fixed due to it being insignificant is understandable but if it's due to you not wearing your seatbelt, as a career firefighter/paramedic, I implore you to please wear your seatbelt. Unless you do my job or are a law enforcement officer, yes I have seen hundreds more accidents than you have. Since it's my job to respond and care for those in car accidents I first hand have seen the exact effects of wearing seatbelts vs not wearing seatbelts. I have never seen anyone wearing a seatbelt dead due to a 35mph impact, however I have seen people dead from a 35mph impact that were not wearing their seatbelt. I have seen 350lb men who were the driver lying in the rear seat floor board due to being thrown around by as little as a 40mph impact. I have seen dead children in car seats because their parent wasn't wearing a seatbelt and hit them while bouncing around inside of the car. I have seen dozens of people killed because they were not wearing their seatbelt, I have seen dozens of people saved in crazy accidents because they were wearing their seatbelts (and because of SRS systems). However, in all my time doing this job I have only ever seen a seatbelt take one person's life. That was because the release mechanism jammed on impact and the car caught on fire. This person didn't die due to burns, they died due to smoke inhilation.

Do you really want that though? if everyone wears their seatbelt, there will be less work for you, and I would hate to see you laid off. if a few fools want to ignore the recall, then let them. they better hope they don't forget to buckle up... but if they do, then lets just allow the dim-witted to weed themselves out and keep our emergency servicemen employed....
Old 02-29-2016, 09:38 AM   #11
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Hear hear!
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 10:02 AM   #12
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
News reporting this is 139 vehicles of ALL models total....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 10:34 AM   #13
Factorypilot

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I checked this with my dealer - no such recall for my VIN number.
Factorypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 12:54 PM   #14
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by My87z28 View Post

This - please.

Why anyone would not wear a seatbelt is beyond me, but then I don't need the car to remind me either.

Tags
2016 camaro recall, 2016 chevy camaro recall