Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 01-11-2016, 11:38 PM   #1
alfonsoj23

Drives: 2014 camaro ls
what makes the 6th gen so special??

ok so I tried to explain to people... specially at work how badass of a car this is but I just feel like they don't believe me... like "yeah whatever.. uh huh" I honestly don't give a damn if they believe me or not but they will certainly change their options once they see me rolling up to work in it and hearing that beast of an engine!

anyways what do you guys tell people or USE to tell people before you got the car?? did y'all compare it to being way better than some other really expensive car just to get the point across??
alfonsoj23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 11:54 PM   #2
Toxicgoober

Drives: 2014 Maxima
The fact that it shares a motor with the corvette, and has the drastically updated interior tend to do the trick. Even a buddy of mine who has a C7 Z51 said he's almost angry that the Camaro pretty much has his same performance (minus 0.1 second here or there) for a fairly substantial amount of money ($15-20k). He even said the Camaro is a great deal for the price, unless you just like the look of the corvette better, or REALLY want the slightly better handling/speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Toxicgoober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 12:35 AM   #3
cartem2

Drives: Nightfall Gray 2LT RS
I would usually show them this and say "and that's just the V6"

https://youtu.be/Qrs0oa-XIV4
Old 01-12-2016, 12:41 AM   #4
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
Because it's blue.
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 04:41 AM   #5
ScratchAce

Drives: 2SS - Hyper Blue/Ceramic White
I think it's worth mentioning that the Camaro shares the same platform as the Caddy's (Alpha) and it also incorporates MRC.

ScratchAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 04:55 AM   #6
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I don't worry about justifying my purchases to anyone nor do I look for acceptance. Why does it matter if they think it's special or not? Also, many still won't GAF even after you make your grand entrance. So really, why waste your time? If they really cared they could easily find out what makes it a good car. Just enjoy it because you like and know why they are an awsome car for yourself.

Last edited by motorhead; 01-12-2016 at 07:48 AM.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 06:49 AM   #7
daytonagary

Drives: 1932 Ford 3 Window Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfonsoj23 View Post
ok so I tried to explain to people... specially at work how badass of a car this is but I just feel like they don't believe me... like "yeah whatever.. uh huh" I honestly don't give a damn if they believe me or not but they will certainly change their options once they see me rolling up to work in it and hearing that beast of an engine!

anyways what do you guys tell people or USE to tell people before you got the car?? did y'all compare it to being way better than some other really expensive car just to get the point across??
I don't care about what others think, just what I think so I won't be giving anyone an excuse to why I bought the car. Never expected or wanted to have another vette in my life after the 1965 I had in the 80's. Anything after 1967 just wasn't a real vette to me. BUT, here comes the C7 and I just had to have one with it being an all new car and loved the engineering behind it and loved the looks of it. Similarly I will be buying a Camaro come spring. Not all new engineering like the vette but GM has incorporated the best of the best they have in the Corvette and Cadillac to produce a great car. I have owned a 1967, 1968 and 1969 Camaro through the years and never expected to buy a Camaro again either, but I will.
daytonagary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 07:51 AM   #8
DannyB

Drives: Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfonsoj23 View Post

Was trying to explain how badass this car is to my mom and step-dad while visiting with them around New Year's Eve. All either one of them could say was it looks great, how many recalls will it have?
DannyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 07:58 AM   #9
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyB View Post
Was trying to explain how badass this car is to my mom and step-dad while visiting with them around New Year's Eve. All either one of them could say was it looks great, how many recalls will it have?
Why would they ask that? It's not a Chrysler product.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 08:01 AM   #10
DannyB

Drives: Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Why would they ask that? It's not a Chrysler product.
I have no idea and after they said it several times I just shut up. I will shut them up when I pull the trigger and buy one and show up with it. I am waiting on the hi-po models and 50th anniversary models to come out before jumping in on the 6th gen.
DannyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 08:02 AM   #11
chuckclanton

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyB View Post
Yeah, right on! Like getting all dressed up to go out, and when you get there no one notices! All the magazines stress performance, performance.
Some on the forum say less than 1% of the owners will ever track or autocross the car. I will, but was hoping for better wheels(Boo gravity
cast). Another $1500 for rotary forged!
chuckclanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 08:03 AM   #12
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Don't waste your breath brother! Not that what people think it matters but if they can't tell or see how amazing the car is for themselves, it's a lost cause haha.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 08:30 AM   #13
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I don't worry about justifying my purchases to anyone nor do I look for acceptance. Why does it matter if they think it's special or not? Also, many still won't GAF even after you make your grand entrance. So really, why waste your time? If they really cared they could easily find out what makes it a good car. Just enjoy it because you like and know why they are an awsome car for yourself.

I just wait until somebody shows interest.....and even then I only usually get asked what color it is...

Last edited by Glen e; 01-12-2016 at 09:05 AM.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 08:43 AM   #14
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Nothing quantifiable makes the 6th Gen special...it's a parts bin car from other GM projects.

What makes the 6th Gen special is your experience driving it and enjoying it. It's the driving experience, the thrill and or comfort...can't put a number or bullet point on it since that is different from person to person.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote