Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-10-2016, 10:12 AM   #1
meatmeat

Drives: batmobile
Military discount

Went into the dealer to do numbers yesterday. Been talking to the salesman for
Weeks now. He has told me countless times that I would get a military discount.
We started going over the numbers after I did my build. He goes and talk to he's manger. Come back and said I won't be getting the military discount. And on top of that, the price they said they would give me for my trade in was $300 less than a week ago. And not at the number I think it should be anyway. Are there anyone who's in the military getting a military discount? And another thing they wanted me to put down $500 to $1000 for the order. Is that normal?
Old 01-10-2016, 10:47 AM   #2
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
I'm pretty sure there's a GM sponsored Military Discount website, that you get the same pricing as Supplier (I'm ex-USN, so I was looking that direction too..)

Start here.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 10:47 AM   #3
cartem2

Drives: Nightfall Gray 2LT RS
The discounts are available for the 16 Camaro's but it is up to the individual Dealer weather or not they want to accept Employee, Supplyer, and or Military discounts. The $500 - $1000 deposit is pretty normal, some dealers ask for it some do not. As for this particular dealer and the way they are treating a Customer let alone a Service Member I personally would walk away. Have you tried calling Becky? I know she accepts Military discounts and would have no problem getting you're Camaro sent right to you're door once it's produced and delivered to the Dealership. You won't find a better person to order a Camaro from.
Old 01-10-2016, 11:35 AM   #4
meatmeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartem2 View Post
The discounts are available for the 16 Camaro's but it is up to the individual Dealer weather or not they want to accept Employee, Supplyer, and or Military discounts. The $500 - $1000 deposit is pretty normal, some dealers ask for it some do not. As for this particular dealer and the way they are treating a Customer let alone a Service Member I personally would walk away. Have you tried calling Becky? I know she accepts Military discounts and would have no problem getting you're Camaro sent right to you're door once it's produced and delivered to the Dealership. You won't find a better person to order a Camaro from.
No I haven't. Seen a lot of user reference her. Where is she located? And thanks for the info.
Old 01-10-2016, 11:35 AM   #5
meatmeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curr View Post
I'm pretty sure there's a GM sponsored Military Discount website, that you get the same pricing as Supplier (I'm ex-USN, so I was looking that direction too..)

Start here.
Thanks for the help.
Old 01-10-2016, 04:51 PM   #6
Waiting46

Drives: 1981 silver corvette,Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatmeat View Post
No I haven't. Seen a lot of user reference her. Where is she located? And thanks for the info.
Becky D at Rodgers Chevrolet; shes up in michigan, but Im sure she'd be happy to help with courtesy delivery (where the car is delivered to a different dealership than the one that purchases it)

Send her an email, I did once at like 9:00PM on a Friday, and got a response that night.
Waiting46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 01:20 AM   #7
cartem2

Drives: Nightfall Gray 2LT RS
You can find Becky here http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415251
Old 01-11-2016, 10:01 AM   #8
jimbogen4

Drives: 16 2LT, 99 Z28 Convertible
I am current military and got my GM Military discount through their website http://www.gmmilitary.com/. The discount after pricing, is about 2K under MSRP.

Hope that helps!!!
jimbogen4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 11:38 AM   #9
Jstyle

Drives: 2016 White 2SS on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting46 View Post
Becky D at Rodgers Chevrolet; shes up in michigan, but Im sure she'd be happy to help with courtesy delivery (where the car is delivered to a different dealership than the one that purchases it)

Send her an email, I did once at like 9:00PM on a Friday, and got a response that night.
Old 01-11-2016, 01:55 PM   #10
Sinnthetic6

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS (ordered)
Location: In between a black hole and a supernova is where you'll find me
Completely up to the dealer unfortunately. My dealer decided not to give it to me even though I had a GM authorization code. Since I am currently overseas, I traded my old Camaro in when I placed my order and back then we were under the impression that there would be no incentives or discounts at all so I had already budgeted to not receive it. Still made me upset that they wouldn't give it to me but I wasn't about to haggle with them trying to get my trade in money back and ordering with a different dealer.

TPW - 11/9
3800 Status - 11/11/2015
Sinnthetic6 is offline   Reply With Quote