Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-16-2015, 06:57 PM   #1
Dmndjoel

Drives: 2014 summit white camaro ss w/rs
Help !! Misfiring cylinder #6

On Sunday my 2014 ss check light turned on and the stabilitrk turned on and it felt like it was losing power, on Monday I took it so they can read the check light code and cylinder #6 was misfiring. Before all of this like 4 months ago I changed to long tube bbk headers and the gasket on where cylinder 6 goes didn't do a correct fit and I left it like that till right now I order new gaskets and I changed them and it was bad where cylinder #6 goes. I also changed the plugs, wire and coil and disconnected the battery for more than 10 mins and nothing. Any feed back on what could be the probable can help, I schedule an appointment with the dealership next week, but I have to take off the tune and all bolt on that's why If I can fix it, it would be better, thank you.
Attached Images

Dmndjoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 08:08 PM   #2
Blutob2

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
I had the same thing and it was a cracked plug however I guess you said you changed them. Is the dealer unable to work with you on the mods? I had no issue with mine and dealer fixed it.
Blutob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 08:08 PM   #3
charles71

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Check all the simple stuff first. Move plug wires around, Check injectors, coil. I had the same issue on my 11 SS on cylinder #3. My problem ended up being a failed lifter. I am now in the process of replacing the cam because of this. Lifter had a very noticeable flat spot on the roller and the cam lobe. Hopefully not the same issue for you.
Livernois Stage II Heads & Cam, LS7 Lifters, Ported Intake & Throttle Body, Rotofab CAI, BBK High Flow Fuel Rail @ Guage, Eaton Tru Trac Posi with 3.91 gears, 1000 HP Axels, Kooks Long tubes & full Corsa Exhaust, GM Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Mcleod RXT Twin Disc, Vitesse Throttle Controller, 1.5" Lowering Springs, Strut Tower Brace, SLP 25% Underdrive Pulley, Apex reservoir relocation kit and air scoop.
charles71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 08:20 PM   #4
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Your wires aren't touching your headers are they? I had a plug wire touch my headers and when it was being pulled off it ripped in two pieces. Other than that I would think possibly bad plug or possibly a failed coil pack. Good luck!
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 09:21 PM   #5
Dmndjoel

Drives: 2014 summit white camaro ss w/rs
Nope none of the wires, I changed everything on cylinder 6, spark plug, wie, coil, only thing left would be the injector but tomorrow im taking it to get rid of my tune and go back to stock, and then taking all bolt ons off, I didn't ask if I could take it with mods but they seem like they won't expecially they are going to try to blame it on my long tube headers so I'm not even going to risk it. Hopefully it's something small
Dmndjoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 09:26 PM   #6
bkscott

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
You should be ok as long as they don't have to replace the motor. If they decide they need to replace Then you may have a problem. Gm will the have them check for a tune. They could then deny your warranty. Hoping for the best for you!

ADM CAI, Borla Type S Cat Back, VMAX Ported TB, LG Short Throw Shifter, 1LE Shocks, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Cradle Bushing Inserts, Custom Powdercoated ZL1's ,Michelin Pilot Supersports, Stainless Power Headers, Solo J Pipes, AAC LED Sidemarkers, ZL1 Rockers, SLP Splitter, ADM Stage II Cam,ZL1 Diffuser,Vitesse Throttle Controller.

bkscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 10:26 PM   #7
KevHao

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2ss/RS LS3 6MT
Same here! My camaro ls3 had the StabiliTrek Service problem today. Meanwhile I felt a power loss and abnormal shake of gear knob. When I got back to my apartment I checked the spark plug and found the problem. There was a spark plug that could be plugged tight. After fixing my car ran normal but the CEL light is still on now. Hope my car can be ok tmr. If not I will drive to auto zone tmr and check the CEL code.
Good luck to both of us bro!
KevHao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 07:45 PM   #8
jamesfg49

Drives: 2011 2SS
Op, do a lil research on here but from what I've read......the problem is going to be your throttle controller. Remove that, disconnect battery and all should be good in the world.