Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-09-2015, 10:05 AM   #1
Shaun SS

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
1LE Follow up w/ProCharger

Alright guys, so I posted in here a few months ago about getting my new to me LE while I was on deployment and having it procharged.

Well, I'm finally home!! My car is all done and it's pretty awesome. We did decent numbers on the dyno with the PC, and meth. The car gets tons and tons of attention, I think it's the hood and the sound of the PC when I'm in competition mode. Overall I'm extremely happy with everything but I do have one small complaint, the transmission noise is rough. Clunking and sloppiness isn't what I expected. I'm reading on the forum that it's common so I guess I'll start looking for fixes.
Attached Images

Old 06-09-2015, 11:52 AM   #2
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
Strange , my trans and shifter in my 2014 1LE is smooth as silk. Not sloppy and very precise.
Old 06-09-2015, 10:22 PM   #3
Elvira1le
Mistress of the dark

Drives: Black 2014 RS 2SS 1LE
I'm with Gonif on this one, Trans is quiet and shifter smooth no matter up down or high rpm.
Elvira1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 10:38 PM   #4
Jeff_SS
"Cam Only"

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
You get it tuned by CMS?
What are the numbers?
2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS M6 | LSA Blower, 2.5" pulley, 10% lower, FIC1000's, Fore Innovations Twin Pump fuel system w/ Flex Fuel, CMS Custom Grind Cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers w/ catless off-road pipes, NPP Exhaust, 3.91's, JLT ZL1 Intake, Prospeed Heat Exchanger | Pfadt Suspension, 1LE Sway Bars | DSS 1000hp axles |
Tuned by Ryne @ CMS E85: 734rwhp/636rwtq (mustang dyno)
Jeff_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 12:10 AM   #5
1LeSS

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS VR 1LE
Following this. Exact setup I want for my 2013. My Tran is a little clunky but just change the oil to a redline or amsoil synthetic and it gets way better.
Can you tell me how the I-1 works? Is it a switch box in the cab that allows you to the different mode? How was the installer? Any issues?
BC Racing coil-overs, 32ml rear sway bar, Solid cradle bushing kit, Steel jacket radius rod bushes, JPSS caster bolt, Bo White TB, Granitelli HP coils, Apex Catchcan, Vortech V7 Ysi Supercharger, LSX B-15 engine, custom spec cam, and other stuff.
1LeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 07:44 AM   #6
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

Drives: 2014 White 1LE 2SS/RS/NPP/Rec/Nav
I concur about the tranny fluid. The day I changed mine to amsoil, I got a whole different tranny feel. And for the better.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:55 AM   #7
Shaun SS

I changed my trans fluid the day I got it because of the sound I was hearing and I wanted to see if there was any metal in the fluid, it helped with the smoothness but I still get the odd sounds. Like slack in the drive shaft but I think I may be lacking in my skills of driving a standard.
I had the install and tune done at a place called Limitless Performance and the number weren't bad but we only wanted to be extremely safe so we went to 6.7 psi for the max boost and didn't tune for the meth. We're still trying to find out how to access the custom tune option on the handheld though. ProCharger isn't a huge help.
It's a pretty badass piece of technology and gets tons of attention at meets, it's basically controlled by a screen that's the size of a GPS in the car, on the screen you have 3 options touring (1 psi), sport (3.5 psi) and competition (full boost). You can hear it spooling on all three options but it's pretty loud and very noticeable on comp mode. I love the fact I can change the boost immediate while I'm driving. I can send you more info if needed.
Old 06-10-2015, 11:08 AM   #8
ilir14

Drives: Camaro ss 1le
Congrets the car looks awesome as far as the transmission i just did LSA conversion on mine and no problem with the gears or the transmission btw the gears are a lot smoother now with supercharger then before
ilir14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 04:53 PM   #9
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun SS View Post
Alright guys, so I posted in here a few months ago about getting my new to me LE while I was on deployment and having it procharged.

Well, I'm finally home!! My car is all done and it's pretty awesome. We did decent numbers on the dyno with the PC, and meth. The car gets tons and tons of attention, I think it's the hood and the sound of the PC when I'm in competition mode. Overall I'm extremely happy with everything but I do have one small complaint, the transmission noise is rough. Clunking and sloppiness isn't what I expected. I'm reading on the forum that it's common so I guess I'll start looking for fixes.
OP did you add any rear cradle and/or diff bushings? While they firm things up they can add noise and are more susceptible to clunking especially the diff bushings.

The benefit? With big power even the 1LE is susceptible to SS sidestep. With the bushings, arrow straight.

Planning to take it to the drag strip to see what it can do? Might as well have some fun. All that power is of not much use on the street.
Old 06-10-2015, 06:40 PM   #10
Jeff_SS
"Cam Only"

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun SS View Post
I changed my trans fluid the day I got it because of the sound I was hearing and I wanted to see if there was any metal in the fluid, it helped with the smoothness but I still get the odd sounds. Like slack in the drive shaft but I think I may be lacking in my skills of driving a standard.
I had the install and tune done at a place called Limitless Performance and the number weren't bad but we only wanted to be extremely safe so we went to 6.7 psi for the max boost and didn't tune for the meth. We're still trying to find out how to access the custom tune option on the handheld though. ProCharger isn't a huge help.
It's a pretty badass piece of technology and gets tons of attention at meets, it's basically controlled by a screen that's the size of a GPS in the car, on the screen you have 3 options touring (1 psi), sport (3.5 psi) and competition (full boost). You can hear it spooling on all three options but it's pretty loud and very noticeable on comp mode. I love the fact I can change the boost immediate while I'm driving. I can send you more info if needed.
Well Cunningham Motorsports is close to you. It's in Murrieta. He tunes a LOT of procharged Camaros. If you want a safe tune with really solid numbers and great drive ability, CMS is the one you want to tune your car.
2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS M6 | LSA Blower, 2.5" pulley, 10% lower, FIC1000's, Fore Innovations Twin Pump fuel system w/ Flex Fuel, CMS Custom Grind Cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers w/ catless off-road pipes, NPP Exhaust, 3.91's, JLT ZL1 Intake, Prospeed Heat Exchanger | Pfadt Suspension, 1LE Sway Bars | DSS 1000hp axles |
Tuned by Ryne @ CMS E85: 734rwhp/636rwtq (mustang dyno)
Jeff_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 07:09 PM   #11
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Congrats on the PC upgrade.

On the transmission noise, I've heard it "affectionately" called a "parade rattle", this usually occurs when traveling at low speeds and shifting from 1st to 2nd and sometimes 2nd to 3rd and in reverse order too, again depending on what low speed you're traveling at. It doesn't occur when you're shifting but after the shifting is complete, which I would associate with drivetrain slop. As others have said, this is "normal". In time, you get used to it. I've yet to hear about any transmission issues on this forum because of it and I've been on here for quite some time.

Good luck with the PC upgrade and stay safe

Oh, and thank you for your service.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 06:45 PM   #12
onebad1le
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1le
nice car

hey was nice meeting u the other nite can't till we get to race
each other if u want to sell the hood let me know
onebad1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 08:45 PM   #13
Shaun SS

Brining this thread back to life!

Well, the ProCharger itch lasted about 4 months and I went with Twin Turbos.
I enjoyed it and it was perfect for autoX or mountain runs but I just wanted higher numbers. You guys know how that goes.
I went with the World Famous AGP kit, I highly recommend them to anyone.
Heres a few pics.
Old 12-12-2015, 08:53 PM   #14
Shaun SS

Attached Images