Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-18-2015, 01:44 AM   #1
Alan64

Drives: 2011 camaro
THE MORE I LOOK AT IT THE BETTER IT GETS

Do you guys find this? The more I look at it the better it looks. More tight, less sloppy. i think this car is a real winner.
Alan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 02:35 AM   #2
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Yep. GM nailed it can't wait to own

Last edited by ilirg; 05-18-2015 at 11:18 AM.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 03:07 AM   #3
99z

Drives: 1999 z28 Auto T-top
Agreed. There is going to be a lot of people trying to get help pulling there foot out of there mouth pretty soon.

The 6th gen stying isnt the revolutionary and major change the 5th gen was from the 4th gen camaro. It makes sense to keep it close to the success of the 5th gen. The new mustang looks like it didn't stray to far away from the last gens styling either. I'm sure the next gen will be time for a bigger change.

I feel like some people must have been expect ing it to end up a being a retro version of the 70's or 80's Camaros that were probably the first camaro they owned Or maybe they expected it to be a 4 door Corvette? Either way to say that Chevrolet completely failed makes you look like a fool and a lot of people are going to realize that as it grows on them. It may not suit your specific taste but they didn't completely mess this up. I would love to see some renderings of the car some of trash talkers think Chevy should have revealed.

I personally think they really over delivered when concidering performance and they haven't even begun to roll out there Hi-performance models yet! look at what they were able to get out of the 5th gen Z28. This new platform has WAY more potential! I think we are gonna see some crazy fast lap times on the Nurburgring!

The front end looks awesome and the rear I think is alright. I think a different style wing might do a lot for the styling on the rear end.

Bottom line I think I see a 8-speed automatic SS with magnetic ride and selectable exhaust.
99z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 05:33 AM   #4
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
yea, im the same way. when I first saw the leaked photos the day prior I was unsure and tried to reserve my opinions until I saw the official release photos. so far im liking it a lot, the rear im still unsure on but im sure it'll grow on me just like the refresh did for the 5th gen.

and the interior, I think it looks really really good. great job to the guys at GM for keeping us guessing for months on that one with literally ZERO leaks.
Old 05-18-2015, 05:35 AM   #5
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Yep.. I want in a bad way...

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 05:58 AM   #6
Flow_Motion

Drives: N/A
I agree. The way I felt about it on Saturday, I was like "This isn't a new generation car, it looks the same"
But now, I'm ok with it. I like the look and the interior is very nice! I gotta save up and buy this beast.
Flow_Motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 06:50 AM   #7
Autonaut

Drives: El camino
The mixed reaction reminds me of the mustang when it was revealed. Alot of people disliked the design, yet it grew on them.

I believe most of the haters will love it once they see and try it.

I was positively surprised when i saw it. And it keeps getting better.
Everything the community has asked for has been delivered(within reason though)
Autonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 08:56 AM   #8
Rocco70
THE YETI

Drives: 2SS RS
I was there for the reveal and I can tell you wait to you see it in person. The car is a sexy looking beast.
Rocco70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 09:05 AM   #9
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
I feel the same about the Mustang - I actually saw a really nice GT yesterday at Costco, dark green with silver stripes, black wheels - looked pretty sharp. But when it first came out, the pictures i saw made me think...damn that thing is ugly - but I actually think it's pretty nice.

Now - the Camaro - I think my initial response was ....DAMN!!! that thing is nice, so I hope it gets better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco70 View Post
I was there for the reveal and I can tell you wait to you see it in person. The car is a sexy looking beast.
My own experience is a car looks a whole lot different in person than it does in any picture. Saw your picture with Scott - that was cool - maybe I can be at the next one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autonaut View Post
The mixed reaction reminds me of the mustang when it was revealed. Alot of people disliked the design, yet it grew on them.

I believe most of the haters will love it once they see and try it.

I was positively surprised when i saw it. And it keeps getting better.
Everything the community has asked for has been delivered(within reason though)
Old 05-18-2015, 09:08 AM   #10
Vizard_87

Drives: 2008 G37
Yeah at first I was like "meh" but the more I look at it and the more videos I see on the exhaust god damn I want it! was thinking on getting 2015 mustang gt but now I'm leaning on this car!
Vizard_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 09:10 AM   #11
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan64 View Post
Do you guys find this? The more I look at it the better it looks. More tight, less sloppy. i think this car is a real winner.
Wait till you see it in person! It's perfect.
Old 05-18-2015, 09:10 AM   #12
obzidian

Drives: 98 camaro turbo
Yo quiero!!
Old 05-18-2015, 09:35 AM   #13
hector95z

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Only thing I dont like about this car is the fact that I won't be able to afford one anytime soon! With that said, can't wait to finally pick up a 5th gen on the cheap due to everybody trading up
hector95z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 10:04 AM   #14
Jeffro19

Drives: 2018 ZL1 6M, Silverado High Country
I liked it as soon as I saw it leaked on CNBC. I kept telling people wait until better pics come out and you will change your mind. Which the majority of them did. People jump to conclusions way to fast. Best things come to those who wait. The car is just awesome! Can't wait to get my hands on one.

Current Vehicles - 2018 ZL1 Red Hot 6 spd manual, Carbon Hood, Sunroof
2019 Silverado High Country, Daily Driver
Jeffro19 is offline   Reply With Quote