Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-19-2015, 02:02 PM   #1
terry_b

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to terry_b
2013 Dusk Mojave Special edition... Thoughts?

While browsing for 2013 and older Camaros I ended up finding a '13 Dusk Mojave 2SS/RS M6 with less than 100 miles on it. It has basically every feature possible in 2013 Car is marked as used - not sure how that works, dealer demo?

It's marked down significantly and I can't help but wonder why? I get that it's a few model years behind but I thought this package was as limited/desirable as the Synergy Green Special edition? What is considered a "too good to pass up price" on a car this old, especially considering less than 100 miles.

I'm rolling the miles on and I was really looking forward to owning my 2010 outright... but this checks all the boxes: Sweet/Special color, feature loaded, 2 cylinder upgrade... I would be able to roll my audio over but I would unfortunately (or fortunately?) end up starting over with most mods.

It's not that I need a new car... esp. with motorcycle season approaching but is this one of those deals I shouldn't walk away from? Financially, I would more or less be extending my current car payment for another 60 months while enjoying the newer car. And if I was going to trade my synergy, the car would need to be special...
Old 03-19-2015, 02:20 PM   #2
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
I looked at a very low mile 2 LT Dusk edition back in September when I bought my '14.

I still ended up with my '14. Price wasn't low enough to trip my trigger on the dusk.($25k) They still have it on their lot, 6 months later.

If you can get them to drop that SS down to "buy-able" , I say go for it ! I'm thinking below $30k.
Attached Images

LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 02:44 PM   #3
terry_b

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to terry_b
I'm looking through the old posts when the Dusk came out and it was popular... I wonder why it's not getting snatched up? The 2SS/RS I'm looking at is listed on their website at $31k...
Old 03-19-2015, 02:57 PM   #4
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry_b View Post
I'm looking through the old posts when the Dusk came out and it was popular... I wonder why it's not getting snatched up? The 2SS/RS I'm looking at is listed on their website at $31k...

Yeah, I found it online, as I was curious. Can't bring up the window sticker to see how it got up to $46K. Its showing as a new car on the website. Don't know how much of that sticker price is foo foo and power floor mats.

Guessing between the '14-'15 restyle, and them trying to milk top buck out of it for 2 1/2 years reality is finally setting in on them.

When the '16 model debuts, the car will dip another couple of thousand. I'd offer a couple thou less if really interested, stick to my guns with the synergy trade in price , and see what bounces back.

Your present car is nothing to sneeze at either way it turns out.

Good Luck !
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 03:05 PM   #5
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
The Dusk Editions were nice, but I would be unable to keep it stock.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 07:59 PM   #6
cadyshac
It's in the hole!

Drives: '11 2SS L99 SGM, '18 2SS, M6, HWSE
I know there were a lot of Dusk editions still on lots when the 2015's were rolling out. I don't know how popular they really were, I personally don't care for them. I wouldn't pay any more than high 20's for it if I were you.
cadyshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:06 PM   #7
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by LStick View Post
Yeah, I found it online, as I was curious. Can't bring up the window sticker to see how it got up to $46K. Its showing as a new car on the website. Don't know how much of that sticker price is foo foo and power floor mats.

Guessing between the '14-'15 restyle, and them trying to milk top buck out of it for 2 1/2 years reality is finally setting in on them.

When the '16 model debuts, the car will dip another couple of thousand. I'd offer a couple thou less if really interested, stick to my guns with the synergy trade in price , and see what bounces back.

Your present car is nothing to sneeze at either way it turns out.

Good Luck !
Don't be so sure on the 5th Gen value dipping because of the 6th Gen ! The value could go up! I know that in the long run that the 5th Gen will be worth more than the 6th!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:10 PM   #8
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadyshac View Post
I know there were a lot of Dusk editions still on lots when the 2015's were rolling out. I don't know how popular they really were, I personally don't care for them. I wouldn't pay any more than high 20's for it if I were you.
High 20's? That's crazy because it's a special edition and is basically a new Camaro! 30k is a killer deal and the Dusk is my favorite special edition because you get more for your money than any other special edition. You get alot for your money.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:41 PM   #9
sarpy

Drives: 10 IBM 1SS
Dusk

Quote:
Where? I want one!
sarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 06:31 PM   #10
cadyshac
It's in the hole!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
High 20's? That's crazy because it's a special edition and is basically a new Camaro! 30k is a killer deal and the Dusk is my favorite special edition because you get more for your money than any other special edition. You get alot for your money.
28, 29, 30K.........not that big a difference.
Old 03-20-2015, 06:33 PM   #11
cadyshac
It's in the hole!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarpy View Post
Where? I want one!
I did a quick search on autotrader and found 4 still on lots listed as new, there has to be more that didn't turn up in my search.

Once you buy one it becomes a used SS Camaro, you better not overpay unless you plan to keep it a long, long time.
Old 03-20-2015, 08:08 PM   #12
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
28, 29, 30K.........not that big a difference.
True! 30,32 even 34 is crazy !
Quote:
I did a quick search on autotrader and found 4 still on lots listed as new, there has to be more that didn't turn up in my search.

Once you buy one it becomes a used SS Camaro, you better not overpay unless you plan to keep it a long, long time.
Not true!
Old 03-21-2015, 12:31 PM   #13
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LStick View Post
Can't bring up the window sticker to see how it got up to $46K.
Assuming it's fully optioned as noted, that sounds right. It's likely missing one or two options.

Buying "old" new cars boils down to how badly you want the car. It's technically new, so you will very likely pay more than the going used price. But at the end of the day, it's still a 2013. On a two year old car, I'd take the shortest loan possible or you will be underwater for most of the loan. So if something should happen, you will be SOL.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 01:07 PM   #14
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
Assuming it's fully optioned as noted, that sounds right. It's likely missing one or two options.

Buying "old" new cars boils down to how badly you want the car. It's technically new, so you will very likely pay more than the going used price. But at the end of the day, it's still a 2013. On a two year old car, I'd take the shortest loan possible or you will be underwater for most of the loan. So if something should happen, you will be SOL.
Nicely put! And I agree! And if the 6th Gen be a disappointment, the person who purchase this car won't be SOL .