Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-12-2015, 06:38 AM   #1
Rbrodeur
Banned

Drives: 2014 2LT
Warranty Question?

Should I remove my VTC before getting a free oil change at my dealership? I dont want them to see that I have it and try to pull and shit, any one have any idea if it matters just when im getting my oil changed? Its mounted right above my steering wheel so its the first thing anyone will see in the drivers seat. Thanks guys.
Rbrodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 06:46 AM   #2
760bowtie

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS, 2018 Silverado CC
I left it on when I took my car in for some transmission linkage recall. The service advisor asked what it was and what it did. I explained it to him and he didn't say anything about voiding the warranty.
760bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:39 AM   #3
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbrodeur View Post
Should I remove my VTC before getting a free oil change at my dealership? I dont want them to see that I have it and try to pull and shit, any one have any idea if it matters just when im getting my oil changed? Its mounted right above my steering wheel so its the first thing anyone will see in the drivers seat. Thanks guys.
Best thing to do is change oil yourself.
Old 03-12-2015, 08:44 AM   #4
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMTool View Post
Best thing to do is change oil yourself.
Exactly. It's so easy and gives you piece of mind. Change it yourself and be sure it was done right, with good products.
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:45 AM   #5
BubbaSS
WHAT RED LIGHT?!

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbrodeur View Post
They won't even know what it is. If they ask, say its a radar detector
2011 2SS/RS M6 BLACK - VARARAM NO TUNE INTAKE, MODDED AND PORTED TB, PORTED INTAKE MANIFOLD, VITESSE THROTTLE CONTROLLER, DOUG THORLEY LT'S, CATLESS, X-PIPE, 25" STAINLESS WORKS RETRO CHAMBERED MUFFLERS, CUSTOM 2.5" MANDREL BENT EXHAUST, RICHMOND 4.10 GEARS, CUSTOM CAM (231/242 @ 114LSA), MUSTANG DYNO TUNED BY TORQ, 20% CERAMIC TINTS, EIBACH PROKIT SPRINGS 1" DROP, HAWK PERFORMANCE CERAMIC BRAKES, NITTO INVO TIRES, HYDROCARBON TAIL LIGHT AND FOG LIGHT BEZELS BY EMBLEMPROS, METRA DASH KIT, JVC KW-AV71BT, PHOENIX GOLD iAMP GM1, PASSPORT QI45 - 450 RWHP 415 RWTQ
BubbaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 09:00 AM   #6
mrvenicess

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1 auto
Its doesn't increase power so there is no reason why it would void any warranty. If a cai doesn't affect warranty a throttle controller shouldn't.
mrvenicess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 09:20 AM   #7
zissophiss

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS
As part of my sale I got 4 years of free oil changes from the dealership so I feel compelled to use them.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

zissophiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 09:42 AM   #8
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
remember the dealer doesn't use synthetic... they'll use dexos... a blend
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 10:19 AM   #9
zissophiss

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddoggyusa View Post
remember the dealer doesn't use synthetic... they'll use dexos... a blend
It was written in to the contract that they will use Synthetic on mine so I will ride their ass about it if they try to cheap out on me
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

zissophiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 10:22 AM   #10
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
they call the blend synthetic. does it say full synthetic? The VTC wont void your warranty so dont bother. just put it in the lowest setting though.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 10:31 AM   #11
I4toV8
Dazed &

Drives: matte blue 2014 z28(186) 2015 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zissophiss View Post
It was written in to the contract that they will use Synthetic on mine so I will ride their ass about it if they try to cheap out on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
they call the blend synthetic. does it say full synthetic? The VTC wont void your warranty so dont bother. just put it in the lowest setting though.
The dealer i take mine too uses mobil1..
Old 03-12-2015, 10:37 AM   #12
JM20

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by I4toV8 View Post

The dealer i take mine too uses mobil1..
So does mine. Well that's what it says on the invoice anyway.
JM20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 10:46 AM   #13
gMcizzLe

Drives: 2014 2SS RS LS3
I feel compelled to use the "free" included oil changes as well...but I might just do it myself with Mobil 1. I'd rather have the peace of mind knowing it was actually done and done right. I also don't want some dude readjusting my seat, frying my clutch, stalling, etc. etc.

Mods:
CAI Inc. CAI
Elite Engineering Catch Can
gMcizzLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 10:50 AM   #14
I4toV8
Dazed &

Drives: matte blue 2014 z28(186) 2015 R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JM20 View Post
So does mine. Well that's what it says on the invoice anyway.
LOL lets hope... not to talk down on the v6 (no pun intended) but maybe they dont use synthetic on those motors?