Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 12-24-2014, 06:44 AM   #1
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Another shooting in Missouri? Protesters smashed a police car?

Anybody got an idea of what is happening? I wake up and an 18 year old was shot dead and protesters are smashing a cop car on my TV.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...lashes-n274181
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 07:21 AM   #2
SummitWhite1LE
SICC

Drives: 2014 2SS1LE Summit White Camaro
18 pulled a gun on a cop and was shot. They recovered a 9m with defaced numbers on the gun.
SummitWhite1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 07:50 AM   #3
Mutant Racer

Well I'm glad you're here Summit! I was about to pm a friend and tell him he was right, Missouri blew up.

If things go bad drive here to Chicago. I'll introduce you to the guys at Nickey and some rock stars so we can party until that mess settles down.
Old 12-24-2014, 07:51 AM   #4
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Point a gun at police and bad things happen.

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 08:25 AM   #5
Mutant Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post

Ryan

Yeah but the guy hid behind a gas pump in a gun fight. I know the cop came around the side but I would raise the bar on that description a little bit.
Old 12-24-2014, 10:42 AM   #6
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Racer View Post
Yeah but the guy hid behind a gas pump in a gun fight. I know the cop came around the side but I would raise the bar on that description a little bit.
You're going to let a gas pump get in the way of someone killing you? Please.

This is nothing out of the ordinary, situations like this happen all across the nation every day. It is just hitting national news because of the recent events in Ferguson and NY.

Last edited by JTruck; 12-24-2014 at 11:05 AM.
JTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 10:49 AM   #7
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post

Ryan
It's really as simple as that.
Old 12-24-2014, 12:13 PM   #8
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
I know! It must way overshadow Demario Bailey's gruesome ordeal....oh, wait, no riots over that? Nobody even heard of him outside of Chicago? A young, unarmed black boy is still dead...if it's not sensationalized by the national media and those wannabe dumbass race-baiting preachers, then everyone in the media acts as if black lives don't matter. Absurd.

It seems those who get shot and/or killed by police almost exclusively put themselves in the unwise position of making the cop choose an alternative method of a forcible take-down. Either by resisting arrest or pointing a weapon at a policeman, etc.

It's an unfortunate ordeal when anyone dies when confronted by the law, whether justifiable or not. And the methods used can always be discussed/debated. But it never gives anyone the right to act badly and act a fool. Those that think that are true idiots. I think even a little civil disobedience could be tolerated if it didn't harm others or cause damage to property to bring attention to grievances. But if people feel wronged and expect change out of the violence they choose to do, they're doing it wrong and usually things get worse instead of better. They simply choose to lose.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 12:19 PM   #9
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
I know! It must way overshadow Demario Bailey's gruesome ordeal....oh, wait, no riots over that? Nobody even heard of him outside of Chicago? A young, unarmed black boy is still dead...if it's not sensationalized by the national media and those wannabe dumbass race-baiting preachers, then everyone in the media acts as if black lives don't matter. Absurd.

It seems those who get shot and/or killed by police almost exclusively put themselves in the unwise position of making the cop choose an alternative method of a forcible take-down. Either by resisting arrest or pointing a weapon at a policeman, etc.

It's an unfortunate ordeal when anyone dies when confronted by the law, whether justifiable or not. And the methods used can always be discussed/debated. But it never gives anyone the right to act badly and act a fool. Those that think that are true idiots. I think even a little civil disobedience could be tolerated if it didn't harm others or cause damage to property to bring attention to grievances. But if people feel wronged and expect change out of the violence they choose to do, they're doing it wrong and usually things get worse instead of better. They simply choose to lose.
I really don't find it unfortunate when someone dies when they are asking for it. I find it unfortunate for the officer that shot the idiot now has to deal with the legal processes afterwards.
Old 12-24-2014, 12:27 PM   #10
Linker239

Drives: 2022 WC 2SS
You do stupid things expect stupid results.
2010 VR 1LT RS; Sold
Linker239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 02:14 PM   #11
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post

Wow! I had to Google "Demario Bailey," to see what you were talking about, because, as you mentioned, nobody outside of Chicago ever heard about him. The kid is a hero, but he wasn't killed by a cop, so apparently, his death is only locally newsworthy. You are correct: Outside of Chicago, nobody has heard of this kid.

Riots over "police killings," yes, we hear about those all day long (carefully selected and strategically worded: An adult thug who strongarm robs people and then beats the living crap out of a cop is presented as "an unarmed black teen"... and so forth)... but apparently nobody has a problem with criminals killing people. Maybe the solution these people (rioters) are seeking is to eliminate police, and just let criminals do their thing without interference by anybody? This would apparently solve the "problems" that rioters are complaining about: No more black men/ black children/ black unarmed teens/ whatever heart- wrenching term they are using will be shot by police officers; any perceived "problems with the justice system" will be eliminated (without the first step of the justice system, there IS no justice system); and those who feel entitled to commit crimes of any type, whether it be murder, rape, looting, vandalism, or hate crimes will be free to do so. Let freedom ring.

Today's "latest incident" that has "riled protesters and made them even angrier" seems pretty justified to me (in spite of the headlines trying to yank my chain with, "White Cop kills another Black Teen"... can ANYBODY make the argument that those headlines are not designed to try very hard to be inflammatory?!? My headline: "Cop Protects Public from Armed Criminal"). Besides, MY mom and dad taught me that, while not all cops are perfect, and some are even horrible people, pointing a gun at a cop, or fighting with a cop, or assaulting a cop, or even getting confrontational with a cop is NOT IN MY BEST INTEREST. Takes a moron to think otherwise. I see a lot of Darwinism at work here.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 02:47 PM   #12
Fred 6528

Drives: 2011 ss
Name:  untitled.png
Views: 237
Size:  119.6 KB If you don't want the bear to bite you, don't poke him
Fred 6528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 03:28 PM   #13
Mutant Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTruck View Post
You're going to let a gas pump get in the way of someone killing you? Please.

This is nothing out of the ordinary, situations like this happen all across the nation every day. It is just hitting national news because of the recent events in Ferguson and NY.
No I said I would raise the bar on the description of that whole event. I even said that I knew he came around the side. Whether or not it was absolutely necessary I really can't say but I would think a gunfight at a gas station near a fuel pump is more than a bad thing. There was a lot riding on that shot and not just a possible explosion.

I'm worried for that cop and others because that target on their back gets a little bit bigger each time this happens. The badge weighs somewhat heavier these days even to the most hardened of officers no? Not to mention people living there.

If you guys are still wondering what I'm talking about I'll put it this way for you. Keep this racial shit up and you will meet Murphy. That goes to everybody.
Old 12-24-2014, 03:28 PM   #14
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
thanks media and divisive polticians
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote